Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Moon School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 25, 2012
Good Day Everyone!

So it is no secret that the moon school is the most underused and most ignored school in this entire game. It has no real practical use. I have been through the game from Wizard City to Empyrea P2 numerous times and I have never ever said to myself, "Oh no I need to go train a polymorph." Why? Well, its as stated earlier, It has no practical use. Not only that, but polymorphs don't scale. The stats on them are static whether used on a level 1 or a level 130. And, they are just, in general, BAD!

For example. Polymorph Treant.
(Stats taken straight from the Wiki [Idk how accurate])
25% Outgoing Heal. low critical and only 3000 health.
It has 30% life resist and boost death by 30%.
For a level 1 Wizard, if they get their hands on this treasure card, Polymorphs could be the most OP thing in the game. However, for a Visionary Wizard, this is just bad. With the pierce and damage boosts that monsters have in later world, using this, or any polymorph for that matter, would guarantee your death within 1-2 rounds.

What do I suggest?
Scale them. I believe this is the simplest solution, other than deleting the moon school in general.
How?
Well, it could be as simple as after every X levels, you gain Health, Damage, Resist, better spells, etc, towards all polymorphs.
Or
It could be how the Beastmoon even is on the PTR. You level them up manually. This, imo, would be a little too complicated and I believe it would turn people off even more from the moon schools, but at the same time, its complexity could allow people willing to sit down and learn all the intricacies to make Polymorphs and the Moon school look like the strongest thing in the entire game.

While I was typing another way to "Enhance" moon school came to mind.
Tie it with Monstrology.
Allow players to learn new Polymorph spells from Monstrology. Every creature in the Monstrology Tome could have a craftable polymorph spell. This will allow players to have more variety in the type of polymorphs and also will make Moon School, Monstrology and Polymorphs more appealing to players.
Doing something like this could bring Polymorphs up to par with the other astral schools. It could also lead to new and unforeseen strategies. Just imagine players using a polymorph to deal with some cheats.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
axsaw45 on Jul 26, 2019 wrote:
Good Day Everyone!

So it is no secret that the moon school is the most underused and most ignored school in this entire game. It has no real practical use. I have been through the game from Wizard City to Empyrea P2 numerous times and I have never ever said to myself, "Oh no I need to go train a polymorph." Why? Well, its as stated earlier, It has no practical use. Not only that, but polymorphs don't scale. The stats on them are static whether used on a level 1 or a level 130. And, they are just, in general, BAD!

For example. Polymorph Treant.
(Stats taken straight from the Wiki [Idk how accurate])
25% Outgoing Heal. low critical and only 3000 health.
It has 30% life resist and boost death by 30%.
For a level 1 Wizard, if they get their hands on this treasure card, Polymorphs could be the most OP thing in the game. However, for a Visionary Wizard, this is just bad. With the pierce and damage boosts that monsters have in later world, using this, or any polymorph for that matter, would guarantee your death within 1-2 rounds.

What do I suggest?
Scale them. I believe this is the simplest solution, other than deleting the moon school in general.
How?
Well, it could be as simple as after every X levels, you gain Health, Damage, Resist, better spells, etc, towards all polymorphs.
Or
It could be how the Beastmoon even is on the PTR. You level them up manually. This, imo, would be a little too complicated and I believe it would turn people off even more from the moon schools, but at the same time, its complexity could allow people willing to sit down and learn all the intricacies to make Polymorphs and the Moon school look like the strongest thing in the entire game.

While I was typing another way to "Enhance" moon school came to mind.
Tie it with Monstrology.
Allow players to learn new Polymorph spells from Monstrology. Every creature in the Monstrology Tome could have a craftable polymorph spell. This will allow players to have more variety in the type of polymorphs and also will make Moon School, Monstrology and Polymorphs more appealing to players.
Doing something like this could bring Polymorphs up to par with the other astral schools. It could also lead to new and unforeseen strategies. Just imagine players using a polymorph to deal with some cheats.
Wow! what are the odds? I was about to say the same except i don' think that is entirely true. I just figured out a build specifically design to break pvp with the moon shift spells that are learned later through out the game. However, only the poly morph side of it i might I add serve no useful purpose and have more negative outcomes than if any rare positive ones. This is due to not sharing the original stats of the owner of the spell. If this was made possible while these spells gave some form of bonus attributes for example extra damage for storm and pierce then id say it would become mainstream. Another thing to add, is when casting this poly morph the pip value shouldn't reset, but rather essentially keep the pips you have and again whatever stats u have u get said pips per turn.

A perfect example if you poly morph into the Gobbler for 6 turn as a ice you retain all your original stats as ice. The only difference now is you get some type of added effect like maybe +10% damage -10% resist? or vise versa? just saying as a balance thing mean while you get to do all the things a gobbler can do. With your other statement am not sure increasing the number of poly morph makes it more useful but i do believe it can help with diversity.