Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What happen to giving Storm a DOT?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
In the new grizzle lore pack I've notice that before these spell was introduced. A poll was set asking people if they wanted a spell for their school what would it be. Life wanted a 4 pip aoe myth wanted a heal. So what happen to storm getting a low pip dot? Why are the dev's refusing to give storm a trainable dot or even so adjust any of our current spell namely insane bolt into a 4 pip dot, instead of a go kill yourself spell mean while fire can have the same damage as storm and have dot's and efreet? what is going on? every other school has a dot but not storm how are we suppose to deal with tanks and heavy hitters if were have the lowest health than everyone?#Stormlifematters.
One comment= for all you storm mains out there suffering in agony.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2013
Insane bolt is fine and does not need to be changed.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
In the scale of balancing this is very untrue. There is no other spell in the game to punish a player with death from a backlash other than juju that was nerfed to -25% hp. This means regardless of how much health have, they will be taking 1/4 of their health in damage for using a non damage type spell. I think this is fairly wrong for both and to be the only schools with back lashes on their spell. Insane bolt has unfairness going both ways 1- at max level your doing too much damage for the cost of just 2 pip, if it lands that is*jokes* 2-the back lash instantly kills you even if you used it the first time in a match. Anyone who clearly believes this spell is fine needs help. Clearly if every school whom has higher hp than storm and have access to damage resist and overtime spells, then the lowest health school by right should have some form of way to bypass shield. This is why i always compare to because surprisingly k i decided to let the one school, that now has the highest base damage, resist, health of the 2 to have damage overtime and a damage spell that gives them a free juju. A storm cannot out scale a fire in damage without sacrificing resistance. Max i have attain with a storm, is 165 damage with 35 resistance and 35~40 pierce.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2015
I agree with storm needing a dot. But I swear, as soon as they change insane bolt I'm not playing this game anymore. I have 4 storms and I love just spamming insane bolt in practice pvp as it's the only fun thing left in wiz. Do. Not. Change. Insane. Bolt.