Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

drop rate answer?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2018
I think that I may have figured out how drop rates can be random and still have rare items. If this is an already known fact, please forgive me as I haven't seen anything about it before. My idea is that dropped loot for each enemy and boss has a list. When you defeat said enemy, it selects a number of items on the list. The list, however, has many copies of common items and few of the rare ones. For example, when you defeat Loremaster it has five or six treasure cards for Keeper of the flame and one learned spell, so it's more likely to land on a treasure card then the learned spell. This allows the drop rates to be random, but you can still keep rare items. if it was totally random, you would have an equal chance to get anything, and rare items would cease to exist.
Eric deathsword

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It's done by random number generation. The rarer items have a lower drop percentage.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2018
That's more or less what I was saying, I was just highlighting what my thought was on the specifics.
Eric deathsword 31

Survivor
Dec 16, 2015
The developers do not like to share this kind of information unfortunately...