Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to add a new dynamic to the gameplay.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2018
as a player of the game for quite a while i believe i have seen a good amount of people get bored of it and i for a month or so now have been thinking of ideas and spreading the word to get others opinions and this will be the first of i hope many posts i have of how to add excitement for my ideas and balance to where none of them seem to broken to be fixed or to bad to be good.

SPELLS... there are alot of spells in the game, good variety but there are a few utilities i have yet to be seen in the game. such as a neutral utility spell. so this post will be all about adding neutral spells to the game for an added dynamic to the gameplay.

WHAT IS A NEUTRAL SPELL?... a neutral spell would be a spell where both sides can either gain advantage or lose advantage, (ex: in a 1v1 if both players are 1 hp and a life wizard casts a neutral satyr, both would be healed by the satyr not just one)

all spells will cost 7 pips and have 100% accuracy

DEATH SPELL...
FORBIDDEN LINK- Cast a link onto a target and yourself for the next 3 rounds, during this time neither target can receive incoming healing.

FIRE SPELL
TIME BOMB- Cast a link on a target for the next 3 rounds, during this time nothing happens, BUT at the end of the last round of the spell you both take damage equal to 33% of all damage you have taken during the 3 rounds.

ICE SPELL
EXTREME TAUNT- Cast a link on a target for the next 3 rounds, during this time both targets can only attack each other. you can use "attack all enemy" spells but it would only hit the target thats been linked
OR
ICE AGE- Cast a link on a target for the next 3 rounds, during this time both targets lose wards and traps and cannot receive wards and traps.

BALANCE SPELL
EQUILIBRIUM. Cast a link on a target for the next 3 rounds, during this time targets swap incoming damage
OR
EQUILIBRIUM VERSION 2- Cast a link on a target for the next 3 rounds, during this time both targets take the same damage. (ex: if one target is hit with 500 dmg both targets take the 500 dmg)

MYTH SPELL
BABAS EGGS- on this spell you can cast a version of the baba yaga egg cheat witch effects both characters.

LIFE SPELL
tbh i couldnt really think of anything super good for this the best i have is something like cast a guardian angel on both targets or boost incoming healing for both targets but both cannot attack or something.

STORM SPELL
DOWNBURST- Cast a link on a target for the next 3 rounds, during this time both targets lose 80% of the resist they have.

sorry to my life wizards hehe... i tried but cant think of anything balanced for it.

I want to thank everyone who has read this far, also i will be watching this for replies so if you believe u have a good idea to substitute or anything to comment about it i will read it, unless it gets like a kabillion replies then i might have a hard time lol. But thanks anyways for looking, i hope this is a viable idea for game improvement.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Angel UwU on Jul 9, 2019 wrote:
as a player of the game for quite a while i believe i have seen a good amount of people get bored of it and i for a month or so now have been thinking of ideas and spreading the word to get others opinions and this will be the first of i hope many posts i have of how to add excitement for my ideas and balance to where none of them seem to broken to be fixed or to bad to be good.

SPELLS... there are alot of spells in the game, good variety but there are a few utilities i have yet to be seen in the game. such as a neutral utility spell. so this post will be all about adding neutral spells to the game for an added dynamic to the gameplay.

WHAT IS A NEUTRAL SPELL?... a neutral spell would be a spell where both sides can either gain advantage or lose advantage, (ex: in a 1v1 if both players are 1 hp and a life wizard casts a neutral satyr, both would be healed by the satyr not just one)

all spells will cost 7 pips and have 100% accuracy

DEATH SPELL...
FORBIDDEN LINK- Cast a link onto a target and yourself for the next 3 rounds, during this time neither target can receive incoming healing.

FIRE SPELL
TIME BOMB- Cast a link on a target for the next 3 rounds, during this time nothing happens, BUT at the end of the last round of the spell you both take damage equal to 33% of all damage you have taken during the 3 rounds.

ICE SPELL
EXTREME TAUNT- Cast a link on a target for the next 3 rounds, during this time both targets can only attack each other. you can use "attack all enemy" spells but it would only hit the target thats been linked
OR
ICE AGE- Cast a link on a target for the next 3 rounds, during this time both targets lose wards and traps and cannot receive wards and traps.

BALANCE SPELL
EQUILIBRIUM. Cast a link on a target for the next 3 rounds, during this time targets swap incoming damage
OR
EQUILIBRIUM VERSION 2- Cast a link on a target for the next 3 rounds, during this time both targets take the same damage. (ex: if one target is hit with 500 dmg both targets take the 500 dmg)

MYTH SPELL
BABAS EGGS- on this spell you can cast a version of the baba yaga egg cheat witch effects both characters.

LIFE SPELL
tbh i couldnt really think of anything super good for this the best i have is something like cast a guardian angel on both targets or boost incoming healing for both targets but both cannot attack or something.

STORM SPELL
DOWNBURST- Cast a link on a target for the next 3 rounds, during this time both targets lose 80% of the resist they have.

sorry to my life wizards hehe... i tried but cant think of anything balanced for it.

I want to thank everyone who has read this far, also i will be watching this for replies so if you believe u have a good idea to substitute or anything to comment about it i will read it, unless it gets like a kabillion replies then i might have a hard time lol. But thanks anyways for looking, i hope this is a viable idea for game improvement.
I like your Downburst and Forbidden Link ideas. They sound interesting. Maybe as boss cheats or Item Cards?

Survivor
Dec 10, 2018
definitely item card, may need some tweaking for pvp tho