Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

sell item to other player

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 23, 2013
i think player in wizard 101 should have the own store to sell to other drop to other player or mack a home out of a store her idea fire wizard mack a shop ti sell his fire robs or his boots to a players or a ice wizard mack a store to sell card decks to player ples let me no What you all think

Defender
Aug 01, 2014
kingsteel823 on Jun 26, 2019 wrote:
i think player in wizard 101 should have the own store to sell to other drop to other player or mack a home out of a store her idea fire wizard mack a shop ti sell his fire robs or his boots to a players or a ice wizard mack a store to sell card decks to player ples let me no What you all think
I think this is a FANTASTIC idea. However, there will need to be some restrictions on what you can sell, otherwise obtaining gear could potentially be way too easy and make it difficult for players who are trying to earn it themselves.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Alex Firepyre on Jun 26, 2019 wrote:
I think this is a FANTASTIC idea. However, there will need to be some restrictions on what you can sell, otherwise obtaining gear could potentially be way too easy and make it difficult for players who are trying to earn it themselves.
Not to mention scammers...

Explorer
May 23, 2013
yes there wood be for one not key boss drop will be sold in the player store or mount it will be low lvl stuff sum high lvl stuff but the player can not pick the store item price will be set to the default price that will be what aver wizard 101 pick

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
This is how you get bots. This is also why we can only trade treasure cards, because they are single use consumables.
However, go to any game that lets you trade actual equipment or crafting materials and the bot farms are rampant

Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
I must say, when I first saw this topic my first impression was that this is a great idea! But, as I started to think about it, I realized it would just take so much away from the game.

The act of farming dungeons or bosses for a certain drop item is a part of what makes this game fun, the challenge is stimulating. If we can just sell each other these items then there's no value in winning the item yourself. This is why there's so many valuable items that are "No Auction" for the bazaar.

I'd support this idea as long as the items being sold are available for auction just as in the bazaar. Valuable drops shouldn't be able to be given so freely to other people. As another person said previously, restrictions must be applied. Otherwise, this is a great idea!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I think there may be restrictions on player-to-player trading to prevent items gaining irl monetary value. If I can 'sell' a desired item to another player it would be very difficult to monitor whether the in game gold payment were the only transaction involved.

The current restrictions protect W101 and the players (many of whom are under 18) from potential exploitation through online trading or auction sites.

There are many pitfalls to enabling this - players being exploited, reduced revenue for KI (as crown items can be essentially recycled), diminished value of in-game purchases, increased encouragement of out of game contact (which can be particularly dangerous for our younger or more vulnerable players)...etc.

It would be great to have the ability to trade items between players and have our own shops but the risks in a game valued for their protection of children may be too much for viability and the loss of ingame purchases would likely have a negative affect on revenue.

Something that could be good and safe to enable would be trading between linked accounts. These are already associated at the highest level as they require the same master details for payments or changes etc and could allow family members or players with multiple accounts to share items in a similar way to how they currently share crowns.