Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need help with deckalathon

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 12, 2017
We should have another topic about this, any tips and tricks? I keep getting defeated at only stage 2, its straight impossible without gear, nor being able to use enchanted treasure cards. Either their health needs lowering, we need more pips, or we need more health, or we need more treasure card space, or the rank 2 guys need to stop using rank 3 to 5 spells, which is definitely hard to deal with. Especially all this and we really get very little to no reagents at all for the hands of fates

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
If you can get to the Krokotopia library, do that and get Nature's Wrath TC. It'll one-shot the first enemy with a blade or trap. Same might be true for the last fight on the second floor but I don't quite remember that enemy's health, so you should bring a 1-pip hit just in cast buff->Nature's Wrath doesn't kill.

For the middle fight, Shield->Fireblade->Meteor Strike should do the trick. Meteor and Scald will still be good spells for the 2v1s even though they don't have any bonus damage or accuracy this time.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
I've been using 4-5 (depending) -85% Death Shield. 1 for the first battle of the stage. Then save pips for Sun Bird.
Second fight is the same, stacking shields, but I use meteor strike here.
Last battle I use shields and Sun bird and a fire elf. Or two Fire elves.

I also hope, a lot. Because I've been fizzling so much and it's starting to make me annoyed.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Survivor
Mar 19, 2013
So these other folks brought in some good points that I didn't even think of. I've made it to stage 4, I think? I don't think I got to five yet. But I beat stage one with just imp TCs. They're only 1 pip and they do enough damage to 2 shot the monsters in stage one. I also bring some sprites with me since they cost only 1 pip. Stage two, I do combination of sprite, imp, and leprechaun. I usually just do damage to the first battle, second battle, I usually start off with a sprite. Third stage was tricky because they do traps and blades with ghoul so not only does it hit fairly hard, it heals. Not to mention, with blade and trap, a banshee hit does up to 300+. With this stage, I use quite a bit of healing and switched my imps with lightning shark, and kept some of the leprechaun. But with storm cards, the cast chance is 70 percent so... better hope they cast. I attempted stage 4 but I got to say, my current strategy doesn't work. They hit harder, and they start out with a power pip. Even with lots of sprites, I still lose. I actually lost because I've ran out of mana too. To be honest, I've never been a shielding kind of guy, just because I'm all about just hitting hard and fast. But with the other posts, I'm realizing how important it is to shield. Especially since it takes no pips and make the monster's hit minimal, I think it's absolutely necessary.

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
Seeing as how stage 4 is hard, makes me wonder how shielders and healers survive in low lvl pvp

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
Saving pips for meteor strike is a huge issue when they’re getting power pips and casting a very strong version of poison spell at you, triage and minor blessing isnt working enough. Cooldown is the only spell that removes 2 or more overtimes, why isnt it like that for triage

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
The Storm King on Jun 14, 2019 wrote:
Saving pips for meteor strike is a huge issue when they’re getting power pips and casting a very strong version of poison spell at you, triage and minor blessing isnt working enough. Cooldown is the only spell that removes 2 or more overtimes, why isnt it like that for triage
Stage 4 is definitely too difficult to farm, imo. For the second fight, you could one-shot enemies with a Storm buff and Kraken, and that might be a lot more feasible than using two Meteor Strikes since it'll cut the fight from a 2v1 to a 1v1 halfway in. If you have any Boiled Peanuts, plant those for Raging Kraken TC which are great for these events (they might Elder once before this event is over!)

If you want to farm for points, I'd recommend using Storm Trap and Storm Shark and repeating the first fight on the 3rd stage over and over. You could also use Sunbird and Fireblade (Firetrap almost works, but the lowest end is one point shy of one-shotting even with the Ice deck from last event). Sunbird has more accuracy but Storm Shark is more likely to power through Plague.

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
Stage 2 i thankfully managed to figure it out to farm it, id recommend staying with that on farming, stage 4 i beat it by instead of life spells i use storm spells, since my pet has maycast infalliable. 2 temps, krakens or do daga tc, great for one shot hit, or use stormzilla perhaps, as well as many many death shields and sprites and blessings