Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I Have Big Problem with House PVP Parties

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2011
I Have Big Problem with House PVP Parties. I own several castles with arenas in them. I have a lot of problems with trouble makers, bullies and trolls.And most of the trouble comes from one group. I know I can kick people out, but the problem is they just port back over and over and if they work in a gang ( such as one person may bring all the wizards they have) it is very difficult to keep them out. they can port faster than I can kick. it is a game to them.

I have pvp party to enjoy the game and have fun with my friends. I can not ask my friends to delete these bullies from their friends list so that they can't port to my house. I have had people tell me to limit my home to friends only. I have tried that. I don't think that option is working correctly because every time I turn it on my friends tell me they can not port to me, so I have to turn it off and here comes the trolls and bullies.

What I would like to see is KI make it so I can BAN a person account from my home. not just one wizard they own. Make it so it is reversible. I found out yesterday that the 6 people I kept kicking out should have been 8 because he had two more wizard there under a different names . so the whole evening was a terrible experience for me and my guest. I am thinking seriously about not having pvp party anymore. and if I do that I will more likely quit the game because that is my favorite part of the game. Is there anything that can be done about this? thanks for listening

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Tara080147 on Jun 12, 2019 wrote:
I Have Big Problem with House PVP Parties. I own several castles with arenas in them. I have a lot of problems with trouble makers, bullies and trolls.And most of the trouble comes from one group. I know I can kick people out, but the problem is they just port back over and over and if they work in a gang ( such as one person may bring all the wizards they have) it is very difficult to keep them out. they can port faster than I can kick. it is a game to them.

I have pvp party to enjoy the game and have fun with my friends. I can not ask my friends to delete these bullies from their friends list so that they can't port to my house. I have had people tell me to limit my home to friends only. I have tried that. I don't think that option is working correctly because every time I turn it on my friends tell me they can not port to me, so I have to turn it off and here comes the trolls and bullies.

What I would like to see is KI make it so I can BAN a person account from my home. not just one wizard they own. Make it so it is reversible. I found out yesterday that the 6 people I kept kicking out should have been 8 because he had two more wizard there under a different names . so the whole evening was a terrible experience for me and my guest. I am thinking seriously about not having pvp party anymore. and if I do that I will more likely quit the game because that is my favorite part of the game. Is there anything that can be done about this? thanks for listening
Real Friends don't keep bullies around.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014

Sadly it does sound like the friends saying they can't port when it's limited to friends only may be helping the trolls access your party. Maybe they think it's funny and don't fully understand how upsetting you're finding it.

I don't think the 'limit home to friends' feature is failing to work but even if it were bugged they could turn off their porting to prevent people on their list using them as a teleport in.

To test the 'limit home to friends' feature you could put the setting on and get a friend who is not involved in all this to port without mentioning the setting is on. You could even try it with a new friend who doesn't know anyone you know already. If they're able to port in then I'd see who is trying to make me change the setting and let them know why I want it limited and how much some of the friends-of-friends are upsetting me. They might not realise that for you it isn't funny or playful, but if they're real friends they'll help you avoid it happening again when they understand how it makes you feel.

I hope you can get to the bottom of it and be able to enjoy your house parties again

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
I suggest that you ask your friends to turn off their ports, so these trolls can't enter. Explain that you want only those people that you have invited to join in.
If they think this is an unreasonable request, unfriend them and turf them out of your house.
You have the right to be able to say who comes to your house.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008

It is true that real Friends do not keep bullies around. Not only can you expell them from your home, but you can report the bullying. The controls for limiting your home to friends only pertains to just your friends. If this person that has ported in is not on your friends list then he should not have been able to port to your home whether or not one of your friends is a mutual friend or not. Make sure it is turned on as soon as you log onto that character. Best of luck and I would like to say it is a sad thing for anyone to bully. Chin up, and ignore this person as well.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
I do think it would be a good idea if KI could implement a 24 hour ban on players entering our houses after we've ejected them.

Administrator
anecorbie on Jun 18, 2019 wrote:
I do think it would be a good idea if KI could implement a 24 hour ban on players entering our houses after we've ejected them.
This last part is an interesting idea that might be possible to implement.

I have a zero tolerance for bullies, so we'll do whatever we can here to improve the access permissions.

If permissions are definitely not working though, please do let us know.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2011
SparckThis last part is an interesting idea that might be possible to implement.

I have a zero tolerance for bullies, so we'll do whatever we can here to improve the access permissions.

Thanks for your concideration as to looking into this problem. I am disabled andd I have been with KI for many years and I would hate to have to leave it because of bullies. I have looked out there for a new game and I have not found any game I like as well., I have tested my "limit home to friends" feature and it does not work. I think maybe a glitch or something is wrong or I have a bug. Several months back I did uninstall the game and intalled it back again and it still did not work. Again Thank you so much for looing into this matter for me.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Tara080147 on Jun 19, 2019 wrote:
SparckThis last part is an interesting idea that might be possible to implement.

Thanks for your concideration as to looking into this problem. I am disabled andd I have been with KI for many years and I would hate to have to leave it because of bullies. I have looked out there for a new game and I have not found any game I like as well., I have tested my "limit home to friends" feature and it does not work. I think maybe a glitch or something is wrong or I have a bug. Several months back I did uninstall the game and intalled it back again and it still did not work. Again Thank you so much for looing into this matter for me.
Have you tried Pirate101? It is the other KingsIsle game, it is a lot of fun, though very different.

Community Leader
A very interesting solution, Sparck! I agree it should be implemented with careful consideration. Perhaps, the temporary castle ban should only work for individual kicks and not for mass teleports due to having that option available. Sometimes, you host a party and people arrive before they should and spread like ants xD

Teleporting everyone away is a quick solution, but MASS banning them for a temporary period from your castle... eh. Which is why I think individual kicks are better.

Also, would this work account wide or wizard specific? And would it also effect every castle (may be linked through teleports)?

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Cody RavenTamer on Jun 19, 2019 wrote:
A very interesting solution, Sparck! I agree it should be implemented with careful consideration. Perhaps, the temporary castle ban should only work for individual kicks and not for mass teleports due to having that option available. Sometimes, you host a party and people arrive before they should and spread like ants xD

Teleporting everyone away is a quick solution, but MASS banning them for a temporary period from your castle... eh. Which is why I think individual kicks are better.

Also, would this work account wide or wizard specific? And would it also effect every castle (may be linked through teleports)?
Why does it have to be complicated? Someone comes to your house, you didn't invite them, they cause disruption, you eject them, the end. They can't come back for 24 hours, by which time party is over, problem solved.

Community Leader
anecorbie on Jun 19, 2019 wrote:
Why does it have to be complicated? Someone comes to your house, you didn't invite them, they cause disruption, you eject them, the end. They can't come back for 24 hours, by which time party is over, problem solved.
I never implied it is something complicated. But like all things, you need to give this some serious thought. I agree that it should be implemented as I stated above, but how would it work exactly? Just my concern.

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Survivor
Jul 14, 2011
SPARCK,
I am so sorry I posted the wrong Account name. My Wizard101 User Name is Tazz080147.