Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is the ice deckathalon pet not tradeable?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
I'm aiming for one of the new ice hamsters and have just found out they were non trade able in test realm. I just recently bought the extra wizard elixir to finally get an ice wizard on my main account and don't understand this decision. Lower leveled wizards are put at an unfair disadvantage not just gold wise, but socket wise as well. I have a good shot at getting the ice hamster and really wanna get this for my new wizard; I understand its more of a badge of honor kinda thing, but I'm now stuck trying to obtain a rare pet just to never utilize its potential. King Isle, I implore you to let this pet be tradable so that I can still strive for the top position. Also for the next event, make around 100-500 school hamsters to give lower ranked players an actual shot at the pet since its a player pool of millions.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Jack Firebreaker on May 17, 2019 wrote:
I'm aiming for one of the new ice hamsters and have just found out they were non trade able in test realm. I just recently bought the extra wizard elixir to finally get an ice wizard on my main account and don't understand this decision. Lower leveled wizards are put at an unfair disadvantage not just gold wise, but socket wise as well. I have a good shot at getting the ice hamster and really wanna get this for my new wizard; I understand its more of a badge of honor kinda thing, but I'm now stuck trying to obtain a rare pet just to never utilize its potential. King Isle, I implore you to let this pet be tradable so that I can still strive for the top position. Also for the next event, make around 100-500 school hamsters to give lower ranked players an actual shot at the pet since its a player pool of millions.
Yeah I wonder how many people realize that it is non-tradeable? A lot of the top players' names don't sound very Icy.

I second the motion that 25 Ice pets is a little extreme.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Even though I never plan on using the pet, it is going to annoy me to have it in the wrong house. I keep my pets stored by school, but all my badges are on my myth, so I am using her to get it in her tome.

I can see keeping it exclusive, but if you earn it, why in the world can you not give it to one of your other wizards? Perhaps it is a technical problem?

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
I was ranked around 400 when the event finished and got the event pet. It's still not tradeable but a lot more than the top 25 got one. I used my Storm wizard for the event and spent about 200,000 gold on treasure cards and credits.

For what it's worth, only stage 3 was difficult due to the enemies using 2 pip attacks. I also wouldn't call it an ice pet. Mine had life proof and fire sniper at adult. My friend's pet is ancient and has stun resist, damage, and death damage.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Well, you see they probably intend for the Deckathalon to be an annual thing, a different element every couple of months. While I think they should have stated that the pet would be no trade in the announcement, I can understand why they didn't.
If it was known that the pet was no trade, then the event may not have had enough participation to be counted as a success. People would have said, "my ice wizard is too low a level to rank, so I will just ignore the event." A higher level wizard just has more access to gold, for treasure cards and extra entry credits.

As it is, folks can train up their ice wizards for next year.
Though now everyone will expect the next Deckathalon pet to be no trade, so player participation may still be less because of that.

Actually it is still kind of backwards, since fire wizards could craft the treasure cards they needed and pay less gold than the wizards who had to buy cards from the library. Ice wizards had no actual advantage.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Zebulous Newt on May 22, 2019 wrote:
Well, you see they probably intend for the Deckathalon to be an annual thing, a different element every couple of months. While I think they should have stated that the pet would be no trade in the announcement, I can understand why they didn't.
If it was known that the pet was no trade, then the event may not have had enough participation to be counted as a success. People would have said, "my ice wizard is too low a level to rank, so I will just ignore the event." A higher level wizard just has more access to gold, for treasure cards and extra entry credits.

As it is, folks can train up their ice wizards for next year.
Though now everyone will expect the next Deckathalon pet to be no trade, so player participation may still be less because of that.

Actually it is still kind of backwards, since fire wizards could craft the treasure cards they needed and pay less gold than the wizards who had to buy cards from the library. Ice wizards had no actual advantage.
Anyone who was in test realm, read any articles or watched any videos on test realm already knew the pet was no trade.

Administrator
We're hoping to have these events much more regular than yearly... keep watch soon for the next one in fact :).

We realized the pet being not tradeable is not ideal and are currently looking at least providing the ability to trade it to other characters on your account.