Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How exactly does the family account work?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 14, 2010
Hi everyone,

I have been considering combining the accounts of two family members into a family account. The way I understand it is that they then won't be able to renew their subscriptions individually. Is this correct or can one account under the family account umbrella be renewed individually from the other. So can one account be a member while the other is not.

I would be greatful for any help here so I can make the best decision my family's situation.

Thanks!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Yes, one can be a member and one can be F2P. Joining the accounts does give you some discount on monthly memberships, as well as being able to transfer crowns between linked accounts.

Just keep in mind once joined they can never be unjoined, say for instance if one of the family members moves or just want to take ownership of their own account.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
AHClemist on May 9, 2019 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have been considering combining the accounts of two family members into a family account. The way I understand it is that they then won't be able to renew their subscriptions individually. Is this correct or can one account under the family account umbrella be renewed individually from the other. So can one account be a member while the other is not.

I would be greatful for any help here so I can make the best decision my family's situation.

Thanks!
Jasmine's correct and also they can have a year membership running but have different renew dates to spread the cost eg 4 accounts with a different one renewing every 3 months.

I think the only financial advantage is when they both want monthly memberships, then they're able to get a discounted price.

I hope this helps!