Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance The Pet Talents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
Hey, I'm proposing this simple minor overhaul of pet talents which will produce an astronomical increase in pet talent diversity, and overall MMO enjoyment. (and mega snack pack purchases)

Right now the "pet meta" for lack of a better term, is double resist triple damage. The 15% universal resistance and 22% damage is too good to not have since damage is king nowadays in pvp. This isn't necessarily bad, but uniqueness and diversity are key elements to an MMO. If everyone runs the same thing, you don't feel like your character or your build is much different from anyone else's.

I'm suggesting boosting other pet talents to match the viability that the pure stat boosting ones have. If for example may cast fairy was as good as spell proof, we would see a lot of diversity and just overall creativity in pet hatching.
(People would also buy a lot of mega snack packs after this patch lol.)

One of the most effective ways to increase the diversity in my opinion is to boost the rate that may casts actually cast. I'm not suggesting you boost it to an obscene level, but enough to make it actually rival the oh so dominant "peta meta" resist-damage pets.

You guys know it best when it comes to numbers. Essentially the way the ratio would work is if someone has may cast anything they should be able to expect it to happen at least once in a 30-50 round battle. If its any less than this people won't see any reason to start hatching new pets and the meta wont shift.(no mega snack pack purchases lol)

Any thoughts on this would be great, would love to hear what others think of this suggestion!