Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Poor visibility on Pygmy Grey Whale mount

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 18, 2012
I got this mount a short while ago, but have barely used it since it's dreadful navigating anywhere when the camera is zoomed in on the back of the whale.

The regular view looks like this: imgur.com/a/eyIUTNE

I can't see anything that's directly in front of me and it's a huge issue. Would be great if the perspective was fixed. Thanks.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
NicoleIceCloud on Apr 20, 2019 wrote:
I got this mount a short while ago, but have barely used it since it's dreadful navigating anywhere when the camera is zoomed in on the back of the whale.

I can't see anything that's directly in front of me and it's a huge issue. Would be great if the perspective was fixed. Thanks.
I agree, it would be great if KI would take a look at the mounts (especially the larger ones) and adjust the view. Many of them are difficult or frustrating to use because they take up so much of the screen, obscure the view we need, or have wings that are seemingly right in front of our face. They'd be much more enjoyable to use with a different perspective and I think we'd see lots more of them in use if this was altered

OR...since I know nothing of how much work it would be to tweek each mount for their view...maybe having an alt setting for view that we could toggle on/off which moves the POV forward to a position that would counter any larger mount obstructing our view?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
True. I don't recall which ones but trying to navigate those tiny skinny sidewalks on some mounts, especially if a newer player, is almost impossible. Can't see the sidewalks while on the mount, due to the mount's neck, head, wings, or whatever.

Also some of the horses' gaits are strange or the saddle sit is off center.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
NicoleIceCloud on Apr 20, 2019 wrote:

Until KI does fix the visibility issue with large mounts; I have a suggestion that may help - by using the middle wheel on your mouse you can pull back the camera, which will give you a wider field of view.
Hope this helps!

Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
One of said mounts that I ahve found is the two seater treant mount.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
SparkleTude on Apr 25, 2019 wrote:
True. I don't recall which ones but trying to navigate those tiny skinny sidewalks on some mounts, especially if a newer player, is almost impossible. Can't see the sidewalks while on the mount, due to the mount's neck, head, wings, or whatever.

Also some of the horses' gaits are strange or the saddle sit is off center.
The unicorns' tails are permanently hmmmm...how to put this?....'lifted' like they're about to poop lol

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
It's pretty awful with the owl mount, too. The top half of my character is cut off and it's very hard to see anything in front of me when my mount is taking up half of my screen.