Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Offline messaging?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
So I have been playing since Mid 2010 and one thing I have enjoyed watching the game grow and seeing all the new updates being added.
One thing that I would really love to see and have added as a feature is to message people when they are offline so that they get the message when they login. (yes we still obviously have the same chat restrictions as what our accounts do.

If you have a locked chat then you have pre determined chat messages.
If you have the limited chat then you need to ensure you meet these conditions
If you have the fully unlocked chat that allows you to talk openly (for the most part),

then you should be able to do the same with offline messaging.

I am asking this because I set my characters to -spin solo when I am AFK for a period of time. When this happens sometimes I come back and realise I have missed playing with a friend because I wasn't able to respond.
Being in different time zones it can be hard to catch up with friends that you don't get to play with as often anymore and I would love to be able to arrange a time to play with them.

Another option could be to allow the accounts we login with to have profiles and add friends, some other games I have played have a basic profile that shows your characters and your achievements in the game, gives you a friends list and your profile allows messages to be added to there message board along with private messages.

I would like to know if this could ever be an option as I think it is something that could change the entire way we connect as a community.

Defender
May 23, 2009
Yes, please. Having played since 09, I haven't seen some of my friends in 5 or even in 6 years. Most of the people in my friends list across all my wizards have been on the list since 2012 or before. I don't delete these people because we did have a blast back then. I, myself haven't been active in the past few years (my last active year before 2019 was in 2015.) I have no way of telling if my old friends came back to the game when I was inactive. There isn't a date when they were last on. They just show up as a puppet without any information. I certainly would be more active knowing if these people did came back.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
You know, with the introduction of the 7th character slot, my thoughts about KI listening to our ideas behind the scenes are now renewed.

That being said, this idea has been suggested time and time again; a simple mailbox system that allows players to send quick messages to offline friends.

As you said, the rules of the chat system will still apply; though not so strict.

I feel we may see this idea being implemented in some form in the distant future.

I'm just hoping it doesn't take years like the 7th character slot.