Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Problem With Stacking

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
You all are perfectly fine to use it, mind you, but I just have an honest, choice opinion on it.

I would never stack because I think it would look incredibly ugly. Energy efficiency is fine, and all, but either way, I dont have enough of any plant I would want to stack. my highest plant count is Pink Dandelions due to some Krokotopia grinding, and all of them fit into a ncie circle for a mid tier need spell anyways.

I'd personally rather have a less efficient garden i can admire the looks of.

Once again, thats just my opinion, and you do what works for you.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Tefnut0fHoney on Apr 14, 2019 wrote:
You all are perfectly fine to use it, mind you, but I just have an honest, choice opinion on it.

I would never stack because I think it would look incredibly ugly. Energy efficiency is fine, and all, but either way, I dont have enough of any plant I would want to stack. my highest plant count is Pink Dandelions due to some Krokotopia grinding, and all of them fit into a ncie circle for a mid tier need spell anyways.

I'd personally rather have a less efficient garden i can admire the looks of.

Once again, thats just my opinion, and you do what works for you.
Oops, I just responded to your other gardening post and recommended stacking lol

I understand where you're coming from and it's up to you, but first consider the reason behind gardening, costs, and benefits.

Of course, if the garden is for aesthetics then stacking might not fit in with that ideal. However, if we're gardening for profit - gold, drops etc - then stacking is a huge advantage.

2 large rings of couch potatoes will cost 40-70 energy to maintain (depending on TC all area spell usage). If we don't stack we can have 14 per large area spell (28 total). With stacking we can have 60 per large area spell without using a bric-a-brac elixir, 69 per large area spell if we have bought a bric-a-brac. That's either 120 total (no bric-a-brac) or 138 total (with bric-a-brac).

Personally, I make mine 60 per plot to remain under the 250 housing limit for potato gardens.

One elder harvest gives me drops worth min 338,000 gold, at max sell prices over 540,000 gold. I can get this every 4 days. I spend the exact same amount of energy as someone who doesn't stack but can only have 28 seeds total (for that energy).

They will see elder rewards of about 79k - 126k.

While there is nothing to be sniffed at with about 80k every 4 days do we really want to spend all our energy on gardening? Will they want to sell their 28 mega snacks or use them? Without selling mega snacks the gold value drops down to 277k - 482k for 120; 65k - 112k for 28.

How far does 28 mega snacks go? It's a great number regularly but with 120 coming in instead we can afford to sell hundreds without risk of running out even if we're prolific pet trainers.

28 megas at 40-50xp each = about 1260xp. They won't even be enough to get a pet to epic, much less mega or ultra...and now we have to wait another 4 days...and when are we going to have energy to pet train or fish if we're needing to use it on gardening?

When wizards first started stacking the gardening spells did not have a numerical limit to their size. KI had to decide whether to ban stacking (as an exploit) or change the spell to limit it. They chose to limit it (medium = 25 plants; large = 69).

It is not against the rules and the reason it is 'unsupported' is because KI don't want to be expected to go into each wizard's garden and fix their stacks when they built them wrong! If we follow the tutorials they will work fine, but sloppy alignment will result in some plots failing to be usable.

While I can appreciate that aesthetics matter, I also recognise that a house I've assigned to gardening will have big fat stacks and little/no decoration...which is worth it for me...but might not be for others. It's down to preference

PS. Just realised I have not accounted for the fact I had gold miner talent active when I noted drops from the harvest. This adds 10% to the gold dropped, base gold was 140,970. I'm not going to go back through the post to edit the figures, but 14k of the base gold was due to the gold miner talent, feel free to re-calculate for expectations without gold miner