Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

recommended plants? +Other questions

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
So, I'm gardening both for aesthetic and for general profit. I'm wondering which plants are the best for someone who hasnt yet unlocked mooshu to grow (i'm almost there I think), statistically, and which ones are the best statistically as a whole. While I'm focusing on my aesthetically pleasing garden primarily, I'm gonna splash some profitable plants in to keep my garden

Bonus question 1: Do any vendors sell gardening treasure cards

Bonus Question 2: Are plants that dont give their seeds at Elder even worth it?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Tefnut0fHoney on Apr 14, 2019 wrote:
So, I'm gardening both for aesthetic and for general profit. I'm wondering which plants are the best for someone who hasnt yet unlocked mooshu to grow (i'm almost there I think), statistically, and which ones are the best statistically as a whole. While I'm focusing on my aesthetically pleasing garden primarily, I'm gonna splash some profitable plants in to keep my garden

Bonus question 1: Do any vendors sell gardening treasure cards

Bonus Question 2: Are plants that dont give their seeds at Elder even worth it?
Aesthetically I can't really advise much because it is based so much on personal preference and also the garden you're planning on decorating.

In case you haven't heard of it, something you might like is second spring. You can train it a higher levels for 250,000 gold but even then it's probably cheaper to just buy the TC version and they're easily found in the bazaar. Second Spring makes an elder plant display as it would look at mature. It costs 50 energy per plant and is absolutely brilliant for decorating! It also locks the plant by having an additional confirmation needed before we can harvest it, preventing accidental harvest.

Here is a list of all the seeds, they're hyperlinked too so you can see what they all look like, their likes/dislikes, trigger/harvest times, pests and needs etc. I hope it helps you find some cool plants for your garden

Also, you may not have accessed Jade Palace yet (mooshu comons) but you can port there or use a tapestry to go and get your gardening spells, crafting quest and fishing quest. They're not level locked and will speak to you even if you have not quested to their location yet

Bonus 1: I don't think so...but the bazaar has tons

Bonus 2: Yes, some of them are really worthwhile. Ultra plants do not give their seeds but often have excellent drops. Prickly bear cactus does not drop its own seed at elder but do drop seeds randomly throughout harvests - I used these plants for +25xp mega snacks before I had established CP/EMP gardens. Huckleberries have some nice drops as do rotten beets...snow apples can drop ultra snow apples which are good for amber and motes of eternity...there are quite a lot that don't reseed at elder that are still worth planting

General tips:
- keep different plants in separate areas as they have different needs, trigger times, harvest times and elder times. It will help you utilise your energy more efficiently and help prevent waste of energy and mistakes (eg running out of energy when needs are still present).
- avoid having plants in a location you use as your 'hub' eg dorm room. Every time you go there you will trigger any new needs and it can gobble up energy just for going to check your bank etc.
- if you can, craft some teleporters for your hub so you can go to the inside of a house without having to go through the outside, triggering needs of plants as you do so.
- Use a shaman rug (easy to get from the bazaar) to plant anywhere you like! Yep, we can make a plot on top of it. Now you can plant inside your barn without having to use pots!
- learn stacking, especially for plants for profit (you can check youtube videos for stacking tutorials) this will save you soooo much energy and massively increase your revenue from the plants. eg 2 stacks of potatoes costs 40-70 energy to maintain (depending on whether you have tc available to you) and 1 elder harvest gives gold/drops worth over 500,000 gold...we can elder harvest every 4 days!

Plants I routinely do:
couch potatoes
evil magma peas
king parsley
sour fickle pickle
jewel blossoms

Ocassional:
whatever ultra seeds I have
whatever huckleberries I have
purple bell peppers
goose tree
snow apples (various)

Plants I used to do:
Key Limes - XP before I had CP/EMP on that account, shocked keys, extra seeds so garden expands easily
Deadly Helephant Ears - diamonds, vines, ultra seeds (amber and mote of beauty), TC for gold and my baby death wiz, +25xp megas
Alligator Pear Trees - for ultra seeds (potent trap)
Prickly Bear Cactus - gold, +25xp snacks (before CP/EMP gardens were established)

I hope this helps!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Please use this link to assist you in Gardening.

It is an earlier thread that many seasoned gardeners used to share their thoughts and expertise on the craft.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/gardening/looking-for-gardening-tipsadvice-8ad6a42b68e642f60168f8f5d72b3a60?page=1

Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 16, 2019 wrote:
Aesthetically I can't really advise much because it is based so much on personal preference and also the garden you're planning on decorating.

In case you haven't heard of it, something you might like is second spring. You can train it a higher levels for 250,000 gold but even then it's probably cheaper to just buy the TC version and they're easily found in the bazaar. Second Spring makes an elder plant display as it would look at mature. It costs 50 energy per plant and is absolutely brilliant for decorating! It also locks the plant by having an additional confirmation needed before we can harvest it, preventing accidental harvest.

Here is a list of all the seeds, they're hyperlinked too so you can see what they all look like, their likes/dislikes, trigger/harvest times, pests and needs etc. I hope it helps you find some cool plants for your garden

Also, you may not have accessed Jade Palace yet (mooshu comons) but you can port there or use a tapestry to go and get your gardening spells, crafting quest and fishing quest. They're not level locked and will speak to you even if you have not quested to their location yet

Bonus 1: I don't think so...but the bazaar has tons

Bonus 2: Yes, some of them are really worthwhile. Ultra plants do not give their seeds but often have excellent drops. Prickly bear cactus does not drop its own seed at elder but do drop seeds randomly throughout harvests - I used these plants for +25xp mega snacks before I had established CP/EMP gardens. Huckleberries have some nice drops as do rotten beets...snow apples can drop ultra snow apples which are good for amber and motes of eternity...there are quite a lot that don't reseed at elder that are still worth planting

General tips:
- keep different plants in separate areas as they have different needs, trigger times, harvest times and elder times. It will help you utilise your energy more efficiently and help prevent waste of energy and mistakes (eg running out of energy when needs are still present).
- avoid having plants in a location you use as your 'hub' eg dorm room. Every time you go there you will trigger any new needs and it can gobble up energy just for going to check your bank etc.
- if you can, craft some teleporters for your hub so you can go to the inside of a house without having to go through the outside, triggering needs of plants as you do so.
- Use a shaman rug (easy to get from the bazaar) to plant anywhere you like! Yep, we can make a plot on top of it. Now you can plant inside your barn without having to use pots!
- learn stacking, especially for plants for profit (you can check youtube videos for stacking tutorials) this will save you soooo much energy and massively increase your revenue from the plants. eg 2 stacks of potatoes costs 40-70 energy to maintain (depending on whether you have tc available to you) and 1 elder harvest gives gold/drops worth over 500,000 gold...we can elder harvest every 4 days!

Plants I routinely do:
couch potatoes
evil magma peas
king parsley
sour fickle pickle
jewel blossoms

Ocassional:
whatever ultra seeds I have
whatever huckleberries I have
purple bell peppers
goose tree
snow apples (various)

Plants I used to do:
Key Limes - XP before I had CP/EMP on that account, shocked keys, extra seeds so garden expands easily
Deadly Helephant Ears - diamonds, vines, ultra seeds (amber and mote of beauty), TC for gold and my baby death wiz, +25xp megas
Alligator Pear Trees - for ultra seeds (potent trap)
Prickly Bear Cactus - gold, +25xp snacks (before CP/EMP gardens were established)

I hope this helps!
I've been growing a lot of Pink Dandelions. Theyre really low maintenance, and they drop springs and Black Pearls, which sell for decent amounts, helping me make some money. Plus, a general run through krokotopia gets you like. twenty of them. I've fed more Pink Dandelion seeds to my pantera than i have actually planted the things, tahyats how many i get.

Thanks for all the tips.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Tefnut0fHoney on Apr 17, 2019 wrote:
I've been growing a lot of Pink Dandelions. Theyre really low maintenance, and they drop springs and Black Pearls, which sell for decent amounts, helping me make some money. Plus, a general run through krokotopia gets you like. twenty of them. I've fed more Pink Dandelion seeds to my pantera than i have actually planted the things, tahyats how many i get.

Thanks for all the tips.
Pink dandelions are great when we just start out (I accidentally missed them on my list!). The XP is decent for a low rank plant and they are low maintenance. Once they've helped us rank up a bit there are much better plants available to us with much better XP (as well as drops etc).

A tip for once you move on from pink dandelions is to plant them somewhere out of the way, get them to elder and leave them...when double gardening comes around you can double them up. Either replant, get to elder and wait for double gardening again...or use them for crafting seed vaults.

The seed vault recipe takes 25 pink dandelions EACH! This is a low effort way to craft multiple seed vaults for each wizard