Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Starter Bundle...Alternative :D

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Why KI, why didn't you ask us for ideas or make a competition for this?

Well...I'm going to get the ball rolling anyway with what I'd like for a pet starter pack!

A new pet - cute of course - designed by the community (competition perhaps?) with 2 universal cards or one universal blade. Guaranteed to get maycast spritely at ancient and with a decent universal pool

Second 'pet'...oh but he's not a pet! Again, cute in design (second place from the competition perhaps?) and he's an exclusive interactive housing item! When we interact he tells us a random tip (supplied by the community of course!). How much would we all want this little dude/dudette in our homes?

A selection of elixirs - energy elixirs, purreau hatch resets, double pet XP

A selection of seeds - a few evil magma peas and couch potatoes...who knows, even a community designed new seed for mega snacks?

Some snacks to help the wizard train their new baby - a bunch of Dr Jalapeno for lower level training, a bunch of hambrosia for those higher levels!

Oh and let's make it under $20...it's a starter pack...that we'll all want because we can use everything, it has a new pet and there's the tipster dude housing item cuteness too

Now this is a nice way to help people start pets and appealing to those who are already into pets as well!

What do you think? What would you like to see in a new pet starter pack?

Defender
May 23, 2009
I think the current pet starter bundle is at a great price. If you look at it, the bundle comes with the sea dragon pet, which is an awesome pet for beginners. The problem here is the sea dragon pet alone is 12,500 crowns in the crown shop. 13,750 crowns already cost $25.00. If this starter pet bundle cost $20 who would buy the sea dragon for 12,500 crowns? I also believe it is unfair to players who also bought the sea dragon for the full amount. If I'm a beginner, I expect the starter bundle to include couple of mega snack packs as well to start my progress. A starter pet without selfish talents and mega snacks is worth more than $20 in my eyes. For it to be $20 max is asking too much, although I would be delighted if this happens. Otherwise you have great ideas :) I personally would like to see my favorite all time pet the piranha hunter in a bundle although I believe is never going to happen.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 12, 2019 wrote:

Well...I'm going to get the ball rolling anyway with what I'd like for a pet starter pack!

A new pet - cute of course - designed by the community (competition perhaps?) with 2 universal cards or one universal blade. Guaranteed to get maycast spritely at ancient and with a decent universal pool

Second 'pet'...oh but he's not a pet! Again, cute in design (second place from the competition perhaps?) and he's an exclusive interactive housing item! When we interact he tells us a random tip (supplied by the community of course!). How much would we all want this little dude/dudette in our homes?

A selection of seeds - a few evil magma peas and couch potatoes...who knows, even a community designed new seed for mega snacks?

Some snacks to help the wizard train their new baby - a bunch of Dr Jalapeno for lower level training, a bunch of hambrosia for those higher levels!

Oh and let's make it under $20...it's a starter pack...that we'll all want because we can use everything, it has a new pet and there's the tipster dude housing item cuteness too

Now this is a nice way to help people start pets and appealing to those who are already into pets as well!

I may not always agree with you (given past things), but totally agree here. "starter" packs shouldnt be 80$. That feels like a price that not only would very few starting players pay, but i thought the whole purpose of bundles was to feel like youre getting your moneys worth.

I would love to see a starter pack perhaps come with one exclusive pet, the tip item you mentioned, and... while I know this is stressing the value into incredibly cheap, how about a random crowns shop pet, from either the current available pool, or just at all. Perhaps its garunteed to be one in your school though?

more of a focus on snacks and elixirs would be nice.

I dont think you should get seeds in it. While yes, gardening is the best way to get mega snacks ( i need to get myself some Couch Potatoes and King Parsley still), this feels more like a "start right away" pack, and not a pack that keeps you going in the long haul.

but yeah, i'm gonna label this bundle as a disappointment lol

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I'm going to focus on your second idea. I like it! I'm leaving the cute behind, and going for the ridiculous. I think it should be a goat. Not a Goat Monk, actually a goat. It would be standing on a poorly made stone platform with crudely carved runes at the base. It would be standing in a pose that would be majestic if it didn't have a long beard and is chewing like a cow. It would give tips like:

"Don't go into a battle with low health. That's just inviting them to whack you."

"Pick up Health Wisps after a battle. They restore health. And they glow!"

"If you're not fighting, stay to the side. It's not polite to walk onto the road."

"Always check the Bazaar once in a while. They sell things that are helpful and take your money. Cha-Ching!"

In there would be random comments, like:

"Hello there. I'm a wise old goat. What are you?"

"Hello, are you corn? You are not corn, good day. I said good day!"

"Why do people always expect good tips from me?"

"Ba-a-a-a-a-a"

Well? Is it good or is it a goat?

Survivor
Jun 25, 2016
Hi sorry completely unrelated to this but I wanted to get into contact with you, Victoria. Do you happen to have any extra astral shards or amber? Thank you!

Survivor
Jun 20, 2015
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 12, 2019 wrote:

As much as I agree with this, I have a feeling this will indeed be brushed off by KI because they seem to be able to read "$$$" and understand it clearly.

I'm not sure who in the right mind would buy a "Starter Pet Bundle" for 80$. The price being asked alone is ridiculous. Then again, I hardly agree on how much things are priced in the crown shop anyhow.

I think Two or so pets in the starter bundle would be great, maybe make them "limited edition" so people might actually be interested in purchasing, throw in an epic snack pack, a few plant seeds and some elixirs, and you have a perfect pack. Lets not break peoples bank though, and keep it under 20$.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Lookit Light on Apr 14, 2019 wrote:
I'm going to focus on your second idea. I like it! I'm leaving the cute behind, and going for the ridiculous. I think it should be a goat. Not a Goat Monk, actually a goat. It would be standing on a poorly made stone platform with crudely carved runes at the base. It would be standing in a pose that would be majestic if it didn't have a long beard and is chewing like a cow. It would give tips like:

"Don't go into a battle with low health. That's just inviting them to whack you."

"If you're not fighting, stay to the side. It's not polite to walk onto the road."

"Always check the Bazaar once in a while. They sell things that are helpful and take your money. Cha-Ching!"

"Ba-a-a-a-a-a"

OH MY GOODNESSSSSSSS YESSSSSSS!!!!

I absolutely LOVE this idea!

Just the thought of this goat has me in stitches....and I really want one!

Need tips? Go ask the Old Goat haha!

This definitely tops 'cute' a million times over!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Cooliomafia on Apr 14, 2019 wrote:
Hi sorry completely unrelated to this but I wanted to get into contact with you, Victoria. Do you happen to have any extra astral shards or amber? Thank you!
Lol, just a little bit random!

I probably have some spare astral shards I can sell. How many do you need?

Amber can not be bought, sold or traded to other accounts so I'm sorry but I can't share mine with you. However, if you need to farm for some amber I am happy to help you. You can also get it from gardening too. Here is a link to amber showing where you can get it from.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
Lookit Light on Apr 14, 2019 wrote:

"Ba-a-a-a-a-a"

I 100% support this idea! So creative Lookit Light!

- Noah SilverBlade

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 15, 2019 wrote:
OH MY GOODNESSSSSSSS YESSSSSSS!!!!

I absolutely LOVE this idea!

Just the thought of this goat has me in stitches....and I really want one!

Need tips? Go ask the Old Goat haha!

This definitely tops 'cute' a million times over!
I love how everybody is GOATing over it. It would be a helpful (and funny!) addition to the game, if Kingsisle take the time to make it GOAT in there. I don't mean to GOAT, but the sheer humor demands attention. Maybe in the next update, it could GOAT and find it's way in.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Lookit Light on Apr 15, 2019 wrote:
I love how everybody is GOATing over it. It would be a helpful (and funny!) addition to the game, if Kingsisle take the time to make it GOAT in there. I don't mean to GOAT, but the sheer humor demands attention. Maybe in the next update, it could GOAT and find it's way in.
OMG I just realise you just invented the Goat of Wisdom rofl...

soon to be added:
Goat of Beauty (spends time flicking her hair like she hopes to star in a L'Oreal advert)

Goat of Severity (very solomn old goat, kind of moody?)

Goat of Eternity (idk...someone come up with something funny!)

I'd definitely be bleating on about my collection of Goats

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 16, 2019 wrote:
OMG I just realise you just invented the Goat of Wisdom rofl...

soon to be added:
Goat of Beauty (spends time flicking her hair like she hopes to star in a L'Oreal advert)

Goat of Severity (very solomn old goat, kind of moody?)

Goat of Eternity (idk...someone come up with something funny!)

I'd definitely be bleating on about my collection of Goats
I was actually thinking about a single goat. It would cost something like 3,000 Crowns and be included in the Beginner's Bundle. What should his name be... perhaps Goaticus the smart-ish? More goatly tips and comments:

"I hear there's a witch on Colossus Bolevard that can teach you how to make spells go away. Like poof! Bye-bye! Did I mention she's a witch?"

"Hey, I've got to keep some of my secrets! Just not all of them."

Always check with you teacher when they call you. You can learn a new spell to become more powerful! At least, that's if you aren't today's errand-runner."

"How many oats could an old goat choke if an old goat could choke oats? Wait, I can! 'chomp'"

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Lookit Light on Apr 17, 2019 wrote:
I was actually thinking about a single goat. It would cost something like 3,000 Crowns and be included in the Beginner's Bundle. What should his name be... perhaps Goaticus the smart-ish? More goatly tips and comments:

"I hear there's a witch on Colossus Bolevard that can teach you how to make spells go away. Like poof! Bye-bye! Did I mention she's a witch?"

"Hey, I've got to keep some of my secrets! Just not all of them."

Always check with you teacher when they call you. You can learn a new spell to become more powerful! At least, that's if you aren't today's errand-runner."

"How many oats could an old goat choke if an old goat could choke oats? Wait, I can! 'chomp'"
Yeah, I just thought it would a be a funny play on the motes

I kept seeing GOAT in your post (until it actually looked weird and I had to double check my brain) and since he gives tips...not always very wise even if he thinks they are, I thought it was funny to be the Goat of Wisdom instead of a mote of wisdom lol...I'm sure I could craft him with a combination of motes and merles whiskers!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 18, 2019 wrote:
Yeah, I just thought it would a be a funny play on the motes

I kept seeing GOAT in your post (until it actually looked weird and I had to double check my brain) and since he gives tips...not always very wise even if he thinks they are, I thought it was funny to be the Goat of Wisdom instead of a mote of wisdom lol...I'm sure I could craft him with a combination of motes and merles whiskers!
Crafting? Why didn't I think of that?

"Catch up on those crafting quests! If you have, congrats! Don't listen to a word I say."

-Goaticus the Smart-ish