Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Another Building Suggestion: The Pet Shelter

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
So... I was grinding Lord Nightshade, trying to get a few Midnight Sprites for my house decoration, and I have, in total, accumulated no less than NINE Blue Banshees. While I cant keep them forever, I wouldnt feel right just selling or deleting them. I guess I'm too much of a bleeding heart, in that sense, not wanting to abuse digital pixels.

Anyways, I am sure many people suffer this same problem, So here's my solution. Yet another store like the Bazaar, allowing one to "sell" their pets (or even just put them up for adoption with no profit to yourself, aside from maybe specific bonuses involving the shelter itself. But other players can go to a shelter, and buy a pet, if say, they just really, really want a gold pet. Premium pets are "No adoption" or something.

Perhaps the bonus you get for putting pets up for adoption are some special pet snacks. Or items you can directly feed to pets of the same type to increase their experience

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I like this idea! Sounds good to me!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Tefnut0fHoney on Apr 11, 2019 wrote:
So... I was grinding Lord Nightshade, trying to get a few Midnight Sprites for my house decoration, and I have, in total, accumulated no less than NINE Blue Banshees. While I cant keep them forever, I wouldnt feel right just selling or deleting them. I guess I'm too much of a bleeding heart, in that sense, not wanting to abuse digital pixels.

Anyways, I am sure many people suffer this same problem, So here's my solution. Yet another store like the Bazaar, allowing one to "sell" their pets (or even just put them up for adoption with no profit to yourself, aside from maybe specific bonuses involving the shelter itself. But other players can go to a shelter, and buy a pet, if say, they just really, really want a gold pet. Premium pets are "No adoption" or something.

Perhaps the bonus you get for putting pets up for adoption are some special pet snacks. Or items you can directly feed to pets of the same type to increase their experience
We can sell our pets in the pet shop.

The ability to purchase sold pets would ruin pet making and result in zero purpose in making pets, an empty hatchery/pet pavilion and no purpose to the kiosk.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2017
That's a really cool idea!

When I first read your message, I thought you were talking about something like a bank, but for pets since you can accumulate quite a few of them. I think either way, it would be a fairly popular implementation, but there are other things to your idea that need to be considered. Like what if you had already trained the pet? does it forget the talents? Can you rename it when you "adopt" it? Another thing to consider is that rewards might not be a good idea, as pets are obtained quite often, so you could easily farm for the rewards. If there would be rewards, they may have to be bad. The idea about the pet specific snack isn't a bad one though!

Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 11, 2019 wrote:
We can sell our pets in the pet shop.

The ability to purchase sold pets would ruin pet making and result in zero purpose in making pets, an empty hatchery/pet pavilion and no purpose to the kiosk.
perhaps purchasing a pet wholesale takes more gold than hatching. There are several ways to balance it out to not make the Kiosk worthless. The Kiosk is also great for when you want to hatch a designer pet. While I'm thinking the Shelter is basically guaranteed to be hatching rejects almost entirely.

Dont think about why it cant be added, think about how it can be changed so it can be added. It's easier for everyone to have discussion than debate. It's not like I'm suggesting the idea be incredibly OP.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
oh, one more "nerf" idea, I'm thinking. How about you can only adopt one pet per day. This timer cannot be sped up, unlike hatching. This is to prevent people scooping up multiple amazing pets if someone puts a bunch up for adoption, while also making it not completely replace hatching.