Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PSA: Don't enter a fight then vanish

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
Seriously. I was doing a run through of Olympus, and we would have beaten ares, if one of our teammates didnt drop, and the other didnt vanish in the middle of the ares fight, leaving two people fighting three ophidans and ares himself. Did I mention this was AFTER I wasted treasure cards buffing them? Its common courtesy. If youre going to have to vanish at any second, dont enter an incredibly involved dungeon like olympus, or at the very least forwarn your allies so they dont WASTE TREASURE CARDS ON YOUR DEAD WEIGHT.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
Unfortunatly this is kids game though a lot of adults play it there are still a lot of kids who would have to deal with things like their parents simply wolking into the room and unpluging their game. Parents who don't play don't have a clue about how rude it is to just disapper in the middle of the battle, let along a difficult dungeon. I have been left hanging like that many, many times and it is very annoing but not much can be done about it.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
Bonus PSA, dont enter a fight first unless everyone is right behind you. Sure, more foes in a fight means a longer fight, but drops are based on time spent, and if youre, say, in a dungeon thats only purpose is its drops, then some people dont want to have the drops rigged out of their favor just because youre the reincarnation of Leeroy jenkins

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Unfortunately most of us have experienced this at some point while playing.

I understand that RL emergencies come up, or someone's internet goes out at a terrible point in the battle.

But I think most of the time the person got bored or got the prize they wanted so they just bail.

Other times, the person has set up the entire thing to troll someone. That is only obvious when they basically say so. They take a back seat throughout the battle and are borderline rude or snarky throughout. Then they say something like "Guess what?" and flee.

I do wish there was a dedicated helper realm for this reason.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Tefnut0fHoney on Apr 11, 2019 wrote:
Bonus PSA, dont enter a fight first unless everyone is right behind you. Sure, more foes in a fight means a longer fight, but drops are based on time spent, and if youre, say, in a dungeon thats only purpose is its drops, then some people dont want to have the drops rigged out of their favor just because youre the reincarnation of Leeroy jenkins
This is true also. I have gotten to a battle sigil only to see everyone is already activated or they rush in soon as I begin to appear there.

Sometimes I need to prep a bit!

There used to be some 'friends' who would insist I port to them. They wouldn't tell me why. Just "come on hurry." Then that would happen. Uhm...it's only courteous to tell someone thy are being summoned to a half hour to two hour long dungeon. IF they just logged in to the game they might have other pressing business first. They also probably need to prep their deck and gear a bit.

It's best to make sure everyone is ready before anyone goes racing in.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
jasreven on Apr 10, 2019 wrote:
Unfortunatly this is kids game though a lot of adults play it there are still a lot of kids who would have to deal with things like their parents simply wolking into the room and unpluging their game. Parents who don't play don't have a clue about how rude it is to just disapper in the middle of the battle, let along a difficult dungeon. I have been left hanging like that many, many times and it is very annoing but not much can be done about it.
Even grownups can have someone calling for their immediate attention. Could be a kid, a pet or a spouse. Could be an emergency, or an insistent need for attention *right away* or simply "dinner is on the table." Or the pizza guy is ringing the doorbell. Sometimes people forget to plan, but other times the family just "don't understand."