Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do seventh generation pets work?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
For my wiard's aesthetic, I'm wanting to breed up this raven/crow/black bird in general I found in a booster pack up, but I'm not a Death wizard. Do seventh generation pets give the spells of the parent they dont get their looks from? Sorry if I worded that bad.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I am not sure what a 7th generation pet is, however I can tell you that pet cards go with the pet body type if that helps you out.

If the spell is a pet talent it can be transferred.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Cards given automatically stay with a given species. Talents can transfer from any pet to any other hatchable pet. So you could have a death type pet with fire damage, or whatever.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
Gemma Luna on Apr 11, 2019 wrote:
Cards given automatically stay with a given species. Talents can transfer from any pet to any other hatchable pet. So you could have a death type pet with fire damage, or whatever.
Thats kinda lame. I was hoping i could hatch pets until I, say, got a Dark Crow that came with a copy of Storm Bird, or a Pet Egg that came with the cards of a Theriznosaurus

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Tefnut0fHoney on Apr 17, 2019 wrote:
Thats kinda lame. I was hoping i could hatch pets until I, say, got a Dark Crow that came with a copy of Storm Bird, or a Pet Egg that came with the cards of a Theriznosaurus
There has been discussion and request for stitching of pet cards and maybe KI will consider this. However, we have almost 400 different pet talents and over 800 different pets so we've definitely still got plenty to play with and ways to make our pets exclusive