Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest Idea: Studying Abroad

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
Upon playing through Wysteria again, I had the idea for a quest after it story. sorry if any ideas here dont work with the story, however, as i haven't completed it, and i rarely pay toooo much attention to Dialogue.

The quest's only requirements are a level requirement (I'll say 30, 35, and 40 for now), and completing the wysteria main quest.

The quest is announced by your professor contacting you, telling you to meet up with them in their office, all that, and they tell you that they think it would be a good idea if you took some studies of the pigswick counterpart to your own school of magic, for one reason or another, and that recently, an exchange student program has opened up (or something).

The quest then involves you signing up to learn some pigswick magic. Perhaps some fan-requested spells that just wouldn't make sense to learn normally, or perhaps even just mutated versions of existing spells as permanent versions. Each school has distinct quests to unlock them, all that fun stuff.

The reward, of course, is being able to learn these spells. Probably only 1-3 per school, though if someone felt really ambitious, they could be an entire training like the schools back at Ravenwood. Your counterpart school, of course, would be free to learn., while the others would take training points.

Perhaps, due to the dirty fighting nature of pigswick, such spells are barred from competitive PvP, further allowing spells to be experimental, different, and especially fun.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
Tefnut0fHoney on Apr 7, 2019 wrote:
Upon playing through Wysteria again, I had the idea for a quest after it story. sorry if any ideas here dont work with the story, however, as i haven't completed it, and i rarely pay toooo much attention to Dialogue.

The quest's only requirements are a level requirement (I'll say 30, 35, and 40 for now), and completing the wysteria main quest.

The quest is announced by your professor contacting you, telling you to meet up with them in their office, all that, and they tell you that they think it would be a good idea if you took some studies of the pigswick counterpart to your own school of magic, for one reason or another, and that recently, an exchange student program has opened up (or something).

The quest then involves you signing up to learn some pigswick magic. Perhaps some fan-requested spells that just wouldn't make sense to learn normally, or perhaps even just mutated versions of existing spells as permanent versions. Each school has distinct quests to unlock them, all that fun stuff.

The reward, of course, is being able to learn these spells. Probably only 1-3 per school, though if someone felt really ambitious, they could be an entire training like the schools back at Ravenwood. Your counterpart school, of course, would be free to learn., while the others would take training points.

Perhaps, due to the dirty fighting nature of pigswick, such spells are barred from competitive PvP, further allowing spells to be experimental, different, and especially fun.
That would actually be a really neat idea! Just to add on, what if there were specific clothes, crafting items, pets, etc. that you could only get in Wysteria?

Survivor
Jul 19, 2012
Great Idea! I do think that they should go into the lore some more on Wysteria, because so much is unknown about it.

The only thing I'd disagree on about this, though, is the spells. If there's 7 different schools main schools, that would almost double the amount of schools in the game to 18! (+4 because of astral and shadow schools.) Creating new schools for the character to learn is very risky as Wiz wouldn't be too fun with hundred's of schools.

Besides creating new schools or spells, I'd love to see Kingsisle give us a new quest in Wysteria to learn more about it's lore!

~Logan LegendShade

Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
HydraYTPlayz on Apr 7, 2019 wrote:
Great Idea! I do think that they should go into the lore some more on Wysteria, because so much is unknown about it.

The only thing I'd disagree on about this, though, is the spells. If there's 7 different schools main schools, that would almost double the amount of schools in the game to 18! (+4 because of astral and shadow schools.) Creating new schools for the character to learn is very risky as Wiz wouldn't be too fun with hundred's of schools.

Besides creating new schools or spells, I'd love to see Kingsisle give us a new quest in Wysteria to learn more about it's lore!

~Logan LegendShade
Hence why i said each of these new "schools" would be more an extention of their Ravenwood counterpart, that adds a gimmicky, for lack of a better word, subclass, to them.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I don't really understand how Grizzleheim/Wintertusk and Wysteria are considered 'side worlds' yet there feels to be a reluctance to make Wysteria more valuable when GH/WT are totally awesome!

I'd love to see them considered sides only in that they can be done out of sequence and hold their own content...like GH/WT already is.

Wysteria is beautiful and I do it because I love it there...but it doesn't have much value as it's low XP, a lot of running/talking and doesn't hold any new spells or pets. I'd absolutely love for Wysteria to be expanded or added to! New content and some cool piggle spells would be so much fun!