Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best early ways to get 100k gold?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
I tend to play for fun, both on this playthrough and my last. I've been eying some certain purchasable things, however, and their absolutely massive price tags, and I have that resolve. What are the best ways to reach 100k?

Please dont mention gardening, I know its great for money, but its also an incredibly slow "waiting game" mechanic, and for a lot of things i want to purchase (namely monstrology spells), its best if I buy them before they entirely lose relevance.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
You a fresh Monstrology enthusiast? Welcome to the club!

Can you get to Vestrilund? If you can, then there is a boss famous for the price of his drops. Halfang Bristlecrown is a Storm boss with decently low health, and his drops sell for very lucrative prices in the Bazaar, especially the Cow's Pearl Amulet. Fight him a couple times, and you'll have plenty of cash in no time!

Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
Lookit Light on Apr 7, 2019 wrote:
You a fresh Monstrology enthusiast? Welcome to the club!

Can you get to Vestrilund? If you can, then there is a boss famous for the price of his drops. Halfang Bristlecrown is a Storm boss with decently low health, and his drops sell for very lucrative prices in the Bazaar, especially the Cow's Pearl Amulet. Fight him a couple times, and you'll have plenty of cash in no time!
I'm only level 30. I've never even heard of Vestrilund. Hence why I said early ways.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Tefnut0fHoney on Apr 7, 2019 wrote:
I'm only level 30. I've never even heard of Vestrilund. Hence why I said early ways.
I think the question of whether you can get to Vestrilund might have been relating to whether you literally can access it, rather than running there through zones you've not gained access to by level.

As long as Vestrilund is unlocked either by membership or through purchasing the zone we can port to a friend there or use a teleport tapestry to go there. The tapestry lands us right near Asrik and Halfang's caves. As these are prime locations for gold farming there are usually people farming it who would be happy to add you to port and join them for loot

When you see them vanish through the sigil port promptly so you don't hold them up (most kill first round). Pass quickly so you don't hold them up or disrupt the rhythm they have (remember they're doing this for gold as fast as they can too). After, run out and get ready to port when they vanish through the sigil again

20 mins of this and you'll be loaded with gold

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Tefnut0fHoney on Apr 7, 2019 wrote:
Oh. If you're level 30, try selling spare gear and items at the Bazaar. You'll earn some extra coin that way!

And yes, Victoria's right. If you really want to farm Halfang, someone would be glad to port you there.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Plant stinkweed, lots and lots of stinkweed!

Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
Lookit Light on Apr 9, 2019 wrote:
Oh. If you're level 30, try selling spare gear and items at the Bazaar. You'll earn some extra coin that way!

And yes, Victoria's right. If you really want to farm Halfang, someone would be glad to port you there.
Thank you! And I've been doing some runs of olympus, selling the sellable I get there, and feeding the rest, including the five hundred hastas ive obtained, to my pet. It would help if all the gear outside my school didnt have an exponentially higher drop rate

Survivor
Sep 08, 2013
fish fish fish and fish some more its fun too

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
annmage on Apr 12, 2019 wrote:
fish fish fish and fish some more its fun too
Welcome, annmage!

I remember I used to get my gold that way, too. Once upon a time, Duckbill Eels were very common, despite being Epic Fish. I earned a lot from them! I think that oversight's been fixed by now, though.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Do a lot of team ups and sell the things you win.

As a *new* player, that, in my opinion, is the easiest way.

The other things - fishing, gardening - require a learning curve separate from battle.

When I was brand new, I just wanted to keep battling so I could level up and get better gear.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
early hmm farm Halfang with a friend 200k in 30 minutes easy … more levels(68-72ish) up farm mirror lake for mega's and sellable items keep you bank maxed out that way. farm any of the 1 shots with friends or home signals for gear and sellable too. farm lore master with a friend that also a good gold stop too while waiting on spells to show up :)

Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
Thank tyou all for the help. I got one of the many 100k things i needed in a few days (because currently farming something isnt incredibly feasible unless the server has stabilized again), that being the Storm House (I was gonna get a monstrology spell, but im gonna wait for the next update to really get into that). The storm house was my final goal on my last playthrough, and I never got close because I was even more of an impulse buyer then.