Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life should get a "Scion of Life" Attack

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Patrick Ravenbane on Apr 15, 2019 wrote:
I have 4 life wizards; 3 at max. I know exactly what heal spells do and I use all of them more than you think at the time needed. If you look at Scion of Life just at the costs of pips , then you don't see the quality of that spell. There's a reason why Scion of Life is 11 pips. It's a heal that's a combination of a strong Satyr plus 2x to one person who has 25% or less health and Wings of Fate healing 300 health to all team mates for 3 rounds.. You find me one heal spell that can do the same thing. The Purpose of all heal spells are used at the appropriate time in need. I use Scion of Life enough times to say it's a life saver. For me being life who can get 11 pips in 4 rounds and if one person is pretty low in health while others are down by several hundered, Unicorn, Rebirth and Pigsie will not heal that one person enough to survive another round or 2 from a big whopping hit while others don't need it as bad. That would be a waste of spell and pips. I would choose Scion of Life to heal that person to full health and others will be healed at the same time. I can always swing around and cast pigsie or unicorn If you think Scion of Life doesn't do a good enough job for you, then give it to me. My lower lever life would love to have it.
This is highly untrue and ill give you two reasons.First maybe you've never heard of mass out going heals or even use charms +30% or cycle of life. Secondly spending eleven pips on 1 heal spell that heals one person is not worth it at all my rebirth heals for 6k across the board with just one charm or cycle of life. My pigsie heals for 4k for only 4 pips now you do the math and you will realize thats nearly 3 times the amount of cast even if it means to wait one more turn. If am to use a single target 11 pip spell for 1 spell it should be damage and not heal its a waste of time.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Patrick Ravenbane on Apr 15, 2019 wrote:
" this constuct idea that life is a support main heal school has been stuck in the minds of other bias school players for a long time and it needs to stop". Kingsisle created Life school as a healing class for a purpose. Are you saying the game owner's minds are bias and it need to stop? Isn't that demanding them to change their way? I sure wouldn't want to talk to my boss at work like that. The word Bias can be very offensive. Please look up all the definitions on that word.
Yes and i stand for what i said why? because when darkmoor got released that idea changed. Why do you think life mains begged for devotion when they were giving cycle of life? why do you think so many post of wof has been requested for a change? life wants to be able to solo just like any other school and telling people if you want a damage class play another school is down right wrong. If am to enjoy my favorite school am to have both offensive and defensive capabilities just like any other school.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Jasmine3429 on Apr 15, 2019 wrote:
This is not true at all. First of all I am myth and I do not want a healing spell, what we need is a legit 7-8 pip AOE in my opinion.

As to all schools dealing damage at the same rate, consider some schools get more damage on their gear, and/or on their spells, and/or on their blades.

Sure, eventually I may be able to deal as much damage as say storm, but it is going to take me many more rounds and a shadow pip, as frog is still the best non shadow aoe i have.

Consider every school has a 7-8 pip AOE except myth, yet you do not see myth always complaining that they want this that or the other thing.

Let's just make life the fire of the spirit schools while you are at it, I mean heck why shouldnt they have more options than death and myth, right?
According to the twitter pole made by one of the developers of k i a lot of people voted they wanted heal and nothing else. As for 7-8 pip aoe am not it would have a major use than a 4-p damage base with good damage perhaps a damage per pip would be better off.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
TPG Miserie on Apr 16, 2019 wrote:
"My Life Wizard is a great benefit to any team he joins"

Life is better at being in team than other schools. Yet you want to be better at soloing because the environment changes from 09-11. This should only happen if other schools such as myth or balance are complaining they wish to be better in a team. Are they? Otherwise, it is unfair.
At max level there more complains going towards pvp than pve. I once stated before that anyone can have mass damage in pve and it wouldn't be a problem because bosses and minions aren't people. Life complaints has nothing to do with other school complaints so am not sure why anything is unfair to begin with. Every school should be able to solo or team work that's just the purpose of any mmorpg games.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Jasmine3429 on Apr 15, 2019 wrote:
This is not true at all. First of all I am myth and I do not want a healing spell, what we need is a legit 7-8 pip AOE in my opinion.

As to all schools dealing damage at the same rate, consider some schools get more damage on their gear, and/or on their spells, and/or on their blades.

Sure, eventually I may be able to deal as much damage as say storm, but it is going to take me many more rounds and a shadow pip, as frog is still the best non shadow aoe i have.

Consider every school has a 7-8 pip AOE except myth, yet you do not see myth always complaining that they want this that or the other thing.

Let's just make life the fire of the spirit schools while you are at it, I mean heck why shouldnt they have more options than death and myth, right?
I play a myth and I would love to have a higher pip AOE I agree, one is needed to help myth solo in harder worlds. I know there's frog costing 4 pips that myth can cast 2x, twice the damage v.s an 8 pip spell but if someone does the math without looking at all angles is doing mushy math. Who needs that. lol. For me comparing pips to spells working out the calculations is non-sense and a waste of game time. So i just cast spells how i like it to work for me.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
angellifeheart on Apr 16, 2019 wrote:
This is highly untrue and ill give you two reasons.First maybe you've never heard of mass out going heals or even use charms +30% or cycle of life. Secondly spending eleven pips on 1 heal spell that heals one person is not worth it at all my rebirth heals for 6k across the board with just one charm or cycle of life. My pigsie heals for 4k for only 4 pips now you do the math and you will realize thats nearly 3 times the amount of cast even if it means to wait one more turn. If am to use a single target 11 pip spell for 1 spell it should be damage and not heal its a waste of time.
If you want to quest through the spiral calculating math comparing spells is your choice and playstyle. No one said you have use spells that doesn't meet your expectations.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Patrick Ravenbane on Apr 26, 2019 wrote:
If you want to quest through the spiral calculating math comparing spells is your choice and playstyle. No one said you have use spells that doesn't meet your expectations.
Your not making any sense Most of my requested buff were solely to control the atmosphere around life pvp. I don't care about pve contents.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
angellifeheart on Apr 28, 2019 wrote:
Your not making any sense Most of my requested buff were solely to control the atmosphere around life pvp. I don't care about pve contents.
"Your not making any sense" Fisrt of all; Opinions very. (2: We're obvious not on the same page. If PVP is the only thing you're worried about then you are on the wrong forum. Perhaps you should post under PVP. (3) "I don't care about pve contents". You may not care but lot of people do. This game is not just about one or a few poeple and what they personally want. Everyone has their own ideas how they want their gameplay and spell casting work for them and we need to consider that.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Patrick Ravenbane on Apr 30, 2019 wrote:
"Your not making any sense" Fisrt of all; Opinions very. (2: We're obvious not on the same page. If PVP is the only thing you're worried about then you are on the wrong forum. Perhaps you should post under PVP. (3) "I don't care about pve contents". You may not care but lot of people do. This game is not just about one or a few poeple and what they personally want. Everyone has their own ideas how they want their gameplay and spell casting work for them and we need to consider that.
In pve u can have 10,000 damage and it wont matter because ur litterally fighting A I in pvp u cant have 10,000 damage because that will just create problems. The dorm section is also intented on ways to improve ingame contents perhaps i was in the wrong section. And yes i dont care about pve related contents am more around improving pvp. My main point was every school is able to do damage with their scion but not life which is a bit unfair at max level and k i needs to realize this especially after already giving life one of the best 4 pip aoe heals out there.