Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Is storm better later?"

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 30, 2014
All over, I've seen people talking about how storm is a pain in the lower levels/worlds. Everyone says it'll get way better later on, but I just don't see it.

Storm has been an absolute blast for me, and I'm only at level 44. I love how strategic you have to be in order to stay alive (due to low health) and how the hits are powerful but they fizzle quite a bit.

So overall, I've really enjoyed questing with my storm. It used to be my least favorite, but ever since I've played it I love it! I've gone up about 20 level in the past week or two.

That said, I just don't really understand the phrase "is storm better later?" because I think its a great school. I guess its personal preference.

See you in the spiral!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
When persons, particularly young diviners pose the questions, they do so with the concern of the fact that if they have to continue worrying about the school's shortcomings such as; as you mentioned, the high fizzle rate, poor health etc.

So, it might be a little of personal preference, yes, but there is also a genuine concern here. Players don't want to have to be dealing with the issues like I highlighted above as, to be honest, it does get extremely annoying and can be difficult to some who are not used to using the school.

As a result, I always try to clear up any misconceptions or doubts about the school in particular since the school does indeed go through a massive turn around level 56 upwards.

Spells such as Healing Current also greatly assist in terms of defenses for the school!

Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
ThisGirlIsOnFIRE00... on Apr 1, 2019 wrote:
All over, I've seen people talking about how storm is a pain in the lower levels/worlds. Everyone says it'll get way better later on, but I just don't see it.

Storm has been an absolute blast for me, and I'm only at level 44. I love how strategic you have to be in order to stay alive (due to low health) and how the hits are powerful but they fizzle quite a bit.

So overall, I've really enjoyed questing with my storm. It used to be my least favorite, but ever since I've played it I love it! I've gone up about 20 level in the past week or two.

That said, I just don't really understand the phrase "is storm better later?" because I think its a great school. I guess its personal preference.

See you in the spiral!
Storm is my secondary school, personally. I havent seen any problems playing it either on this playthrough or my last, aside from the occasional fizzle induced frustration (which ironically i encounter more when using balance, my primary). I mean, Storm is inaccurate ,sure, but lets look at how much damage an attack does. Lets start with their rank 2 spell, Thunder Bats. The absolute minimum damage it does, before applying weakness, resistance, buffs, and debuffs, is 245. Most rank 2 foes don't even have that much health, and those that do tend to still be defeated by it, because it ranges up to 285, and you'll almost always be augmenting Storm's already astronomical damage through clothing, jewels, and even blades and traps.

There is no bad school, just as there is no bad playstyle. People who think storm is bad, probably just havent used it all that much. :3

Also, on the accuracy problem, sure its the lowest, but let me use a d20 for an example. Normally, attacks would hit if they rolled a 3 or more. With storm, you just have to roll a 6 or more; sure its double the difficulty, but youre still overwhelmingly going to hit with it more than miss.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2011
I think by lower levels maybe they meant by 30 and below. I can agree with that statement, my level 13 storm was an absolute pain for me, due to the constant fizzling. I literally got so frustrated, I ended deleting her. Kinda regret it, and I wanna try again, but I don't know if I can deal with the fizzles. They drive me crazy