Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I rehatch this pet for better talents?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2019
Hello everyone.

I'm relatively new to the game. I'm leveling a balance wizard and I bought a red panda and hatched it with a judgment pet 99. Leveled it up to mega. I mostly pve.

The talents look pretty good I think but looking for advice on whether to keep going to ultra or rehatch in hopes of better talents? If so which talents should I replace and with which ones?

Red Panda:

Balance blade
Storm ward
Critical Striker
Fearless fortifier
Spirit Shield

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Annagraice on Mar 29, 2019 wrote:
Hello everyone.

I'm relatively new to the game. I'm leveling a balance wizard and I bought a red panda and hatched it with a judgment pet 99. Leveled it up to mega. I mostly pve.

The talents look pretty good I think but looking for advice on whether to keep going to ultra or rehatch in hopes of better talents? If so which talents should I replace and with which ones?

Red Panda:

Balance blade
Storm ward
Critical Striker
Fearless fortifier
Spirit Shield
Taking a et to ultra does not give another talent! The only time it is worth taking a pet to ultra is when we have a jewel we want on him that requires level ultra to equip.

The talents you have are a bit of a mish-mash of things - they give a little bit of a few different kinds of things but not enough of any.

As a Balance wizard you have a range of different playing styles open to you that you can be totally OP with

Support
Tank
Healer
Damage

Balance is awesome for support, so whatever you choose to be you will likely have support spells in your deck. When you're higher level you might decide to make 2 or 3 different pets to help you depending on the role you're in for that battle/dungeon.

Choose the play style you enjoy and use most, then we can work on a pet to suit it

Here are some nice combos to consider for the different play styles:

Damage:
quint damage
quad damage, proof
trip damage, double resist (proof and defy)
trip damage, proof, maycast heal

Critical damage:
quad crit, dealer
trip crit, proof, dealer
double crit, double damage, proof or heal

Support/tank/healer:
Ward pets (any combos including universal resist)
maycast heal pets
outgoing heal boost pets

I think they're the most useful types for you to choose from. If you're unsure what your playing style is just tell us a bit more about how you usually game - solo/team; do you enjoy hitting most or healing or boosting others? Do you have life mastery? Anything else you think might help us to help you

Remember, if you make one type of pet and then want something else we can make another type after. It's helpful to focus on one play style at a time and have a good pet for that style rather than a pet that has a little bit of everything...that can be a bit like mixing a starter, main course and sweet all together and wondering why none of tastes quite right

When you've chosen what to focus on I'll be able to offer you a selection of pets to choose from and we can get hatching and make you a great pet I'm happy to help you through the process and provide pets to help you achieve your goals

Survivor
Mar 07, 2019
Victoria FireHeart on Mar 31, 2019 wrote:
Taking a et to ultra does not give another talent! The only time it is worth taking a pet to ultra is when we have a jewel we want on him that requires level ultra to equip.

The talents you have are a bit of a mish-mash of things - they give a little bit of a few different kinds of things but not enough of any.

As a Balance wizard you have a range of different playing styles open to you that you can be totally OP with

Support
Tank
Healer
Damage

Balance is awesome for support, so whatever you choose to be you will likely have support spells in your deck. When you're higher level you might decide to make 2 or 3 different pets to help you depending on the role you're in for that battle/dungeon.

Choose the play style you enjoy and use most, then we can work on a pet to suit it

Here are some nice combos to consider for the different play styles:

Damage:
quint damage
quad damage, proof
trip damage, double resist (proof and defy)
trip damage, proof, maycast heal

Critical damage:
quad crit, dealer
trip crit, proof, dealer
double crit, double damage, proof or heal

Support/tank/healer:
Ward pets (any combos including universal resist)
maycast heal pets
outgoing heal boost pets

I think they're the most useful types for you to choose from. If you're unsure what your playing style is just tell us a bit more about how you usually game - solo/team; do you enjoy hitting most or healing or boosting others? Do you have life mastery? Anything else you think might help us to help you

Remember, if you make one type of pet and then want something else we can make another type after. It's helpful to focus on one play style at a time and have a good pet for that style rather than a pet that has a little bit of everything...that can be a bit like mixing a starter, main course and sweet all together and wondering why none of tastes quite right

When you've chosen what to focus on I'll be able to offer you a selection of pets to choose from and we can get hatching and make you a great pet I'm happy to help you through the process and provide pets to help you achieve your goals
Very thorough reply, thank you!

As for play style I enjoy being support.

I have been duo-ing with a thunder mage. He suggested I come as balance to help compliment his damage. Of course I would be doing some damage dealing myself as finishers, but the main focus is to support him and maximize the amount of damage he can do, and healing us both n the process.

I noticed because of this, my pet casting a balance blade on ME is virtuously worthless as I'm focusing on trapping enemies and blading my thunder partner. haven't been fully happy so far with the spirit shields either. Only half the mobs we fight are spirit mobs anyways so in the rare case my pet casts them they seem to be a waste.

I do appreciate it when my pet fortifies me though. Which it does pretty often. lol (Too bad he doesn't fortify my thunder wizard friend!)

I guess my thought was if I took it to ultra I would just add the spellproof gem and call it my solo-ing pet. but those gems don't look easy to get. A rehatch looks way easier.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Annagraice on Apr 2, 2019 wrote:
Very thorough reply, thank you!

As for play style I enjoy being support.

I have been duo-ing with a thunder mage. He suggested I come as balance to help compliment his damage. Of course I would be doing some damage dealing myself as finishers, but the main focus is to support him and maximize the amount of damage he can do, and healing us both n the process.

I noticed because of this, my pet casting a balance blade on ME is virtuously worthless as I'm focusing on trapping enemies and blading my thunder partner. haven't been fully happy so far with the spirit shields either. Only half the mobs we fight are spirit mobs anyways so in the rare case my pet casts them they seem to be a waste.

I do appreciate it when my pet fortifies me though. Which it does pretty often. lol (Too bad he doesn't fortify my thunder wizard friend!)

I guess my thought was if I took it to ultra I would just add the spellproof gem and call it my solo-ing pet. but those gems don't look easy to get. A rehatch looks way easier.
It sounds like a ward pet might suit you well.

I have various pools and I'm guessing you will like my fortify pool best - proof, defy, 7 wards and maycast fortify.

I also have pools with their 10th talent as fairy friend, stun recalcitrant, defender, charm chopper (maycast enfeeble), ward wrecker (maycast shatter), maycast snowdrift or energizing battery if you'd prefer one of them.

I have a few with combos of the 10th talent but obviously that means we lose wards from the pool. For your first ward pet I'd recommend getting all the wards in pool so you can make any combinations you want to from it.

If you like the sound of a ward pet with fortify feel free to have a look at the list below and let me know if you'd like to hatch. They all have max stats (255 250 260 260 250) and the ward pool with fortify: (proof, defy, 7 wards and maycast fortify). The talents listed by them are the ones they have manifested and I've noted if they can go in the kiosk - if they can not go into the kiosk we'd have to meet to hatch.

I've hyperlinked the body-types so you can see what they look like and also the cards they give.

Fulminating Medusa (kiosk - yes)
1) proof, defy, balance, storm and fire wards
2) proof, balance, storm and fire wards, fortify

Smarty Piggle (kiosk - no)
1) Proof, defy, balance, ice and fire wards

Bumble Bee (kiosk - no)
1) Proof, defy balance, ice, fortify

Pet Rock (kiosk - no)
1) Proof, defy, balance, ice, myth
2) proof, defy, balance, ice, storm

Flamenco Tacador (kiosk - yes)
1) proof, defy, ice, myth, fortify

Snowhoppers (kiosk - no)
1) Proof, balance, fire, death, fortify

Boiler Golem (kiosk - no?)
1) proof, balance, ice, fire, fortify

Enchanted Armament (kiosk - yes)
1) proof, balance, ice, myth, fortify
2) proof, defy, balance, ice, fortify
3) proof, defy, balance, ice, fire

If you'd rather a different pool let me know and I'll list pets I have with that pool instead

If this is too much choice and overwhelming, maybe choose between and enchanted armament and the flamenco tacador - they both give useful cards you can use as support. The choice is yours of course

If you choose one that can't go into the kiosk also give your wizard name and usual availability (include time zone) so we can arrange to meet in game

Survivor
Mar 07, 2019
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 3, 2019 wrote:
It sounds like a ward pet might suit you well.

I have various pools and I'm guessing you will like my fortify pool best - proof, defy, 7 wards and maycast fortify.

I also have pools with their 10th talent as fairy friend, stun recalcitrant, defender, charm chopper (maycast enfeeble), ward wrecker (maycast shatter), maycast snowdrift or energizing battery if you'd prefer one of them.

I have a few with combos of the 10th talent but obviously that means we lose wards from the pool. For your first ward pet I'd recommend getting all the wards in pool so you can make any combinations you want to from it.

If you like the sound of a ward pet with fortify feel free to have a look at the list below and let me know if you'd like to hatch. They all have max stats (255 250 260 260 250) and the ward pool with fortify: (proof, defy, 7 wards and maycast fortify). The talents listed by them are the ones they have manifested and I've noted if they can go in the kiosk - if they can not go into the kiosk we'd have to meet to hatch.

I've hyperlinked the body-types so you can see what they look like and also the cards they give.

Fulminating Medusa (kiosk - yes)
1) proof, defy, balance, storm and fire wards
2) proof, balance, storm and fire wards, fortify

Smarty Piggle (kiosk - no)
1) Proof, defy, balance, ice and fire wards

Bumble Bee (kiosk - no)
1) Proof, defy balance, ice, fortify

Pet Rock (kiosk - no)
1) Proof, defy, balance, ice, myth
2) proof, defy, balance, ice, storm

Flamenco Tacador (kiosk - yes)
1) proof, defy, ice, myth, fortify

Snowhoppers (kiosk - no)
1) Proof, balance, fire, death, fortify

Boiler Golem (kiosk - no?)
1) proof, balance, ice, fire, fortify

Enchanted Armament (kiosk - yes)
1) proof, balance, ice, myth, fortify
2) proof, defy, balance, ice, fortify
3) proof, defy, balance, ice, fire

If you'd rather a different pool let me know and I'll list pets I have with that pool instead

If this is too much choice and overwhelming, maybe choose between and enchanted armament and the flamenco tacador - they both give useful cards you can use as support. The choice is yours of course

If you choose one that can't go into the kiosk also give your wizard name and usual availability (include time zone) so we can arrange to meet in game
Thank you for offering to hatch :)

I just recently rehatched at the kiosk to make my panda a healing support pet. Do you have any good healing support pets if I end up not liking the results of this recent hatch?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Annagraice on Apr 4, 2019 wrote:
Thank you for offering to hatch :)

I just recently rehatched at the kiosk to make my panda a healing support pet. Do you have any good healing support pets if I end up not liking the results of this recent hatch?
Healing support pets are really handy for Balance wizards

I have a bunch of classic max healer support pets (I never got around to upgrading them to 2.0 max stats). They have talents like medic and healer (the two outgoing heal boosts), proof and defy (universal resists), maycast cycle of life etc...

Give me a shout if you'd like to hatch or want more specifics on them