Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grub Guardian's working!... And it's updated!?!

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Sound the honorary ding-dong bell! Let grass be replaced with confetti! Let loose the great cake-smushing Gobbler!

You heard me right! From the look of what I just saw, Grub Guardian's got new and wonderful features! I'll explain them! Basically, it goes like this, you pay some Crowns to get some of these...

Mini-annihilator: Basically a smaller version of Ambrose's Annihilator. Not as strong, but it holds them off quite nicely, according to the game.

Grub Shield: A handy little tool that can stop grub bandits in their tracks, but breaks down after a little while.

Super Upgrader: Instantly upgrades a turret, without waiting for silver. It can even be used on your pet!

I think the rewards are better as well. When I played, I got a Health Elixer! Amazing!

This is reason for all of us to get back to it! I know I'm going!

Survivor
Feb 26, 2019
uh, I haven't had any problems with grub guardian not working now through about a month ago. (a month ago is when I started grub guardian) and when I started playing about a month ago those little boosts like the mini annihilator and stuff were there. It might be because I downloaded the game on a mobile device rather than playing it on the computer? maybe the mobile version was updated sooner, idk lol

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Lookit Light on Mar 28, 2019 wrote:
Sound the honorary ding-dong bell! Let grass be replaced with confetti! Let loose the great cake-smushing Gobbler!

You heard me right! From the look of what I just saw, Grub Guardian's got new and wonderful features! I'll explain them! Basically, it goes like this, you pay some Crowns to get some of these...

Mini-annihilator: Basically a smaller version of Ambrose's Annihilator. Not as strong, but it holds them off quite nicely, according to the game.

Grub Shield: A handy little tool that can stop grub bandits in their tracks, but breaks down after a little while.

Super Upgrader: Instantly upgrades a turret, without waiting for silver. It can even be used on your pet!

I think the rewards are better as well. When I played, I got a Health Elixer! Amazing!

This is reason for all of us to get back to it! I know I'm going!
Thanks for sharing this great news and well done KI for listening to the requests and updating Grub!

I haven't used Grub Guardian for ages and can't wait to find out what new items are available now!

For anyone who hasn't tried it, Grub Guardian is a game found on FreeKIgames.com (under tower defense games). If we log in using our wizard login details (don't worry, Kingsisle own the site) we can play Grub Guardian using our wizard's pets and earning rewards for our wizards!

It can also be used to train our pets (very handy if we can't get to a computer, as it can be accessed on a phone!) and it is the only way to train a school only pet on an off-school wizard.

There are some additional maps and guardian towers we can purchase for crowns, but they are not expensive and once we buy them they are permanent.

Each map and reward level has different combinations of drops, some of them are exclusive to Grub Guardian and can not be found anywhere else! All prizes will show in a gift box when we log into our wizard and be available for any of our wizards to redeem.

I started Grub Guardian for the energy elixirs but got tempted away from those drops to try for special housing items that were just too cool to ignore! There are a ton of useful elixirs and packs that drop, it's well worth checking out if you haven't already...and even if you have before since it has now been updated! Woohoo!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I just played grub guardian this morning, it looked the same to me, was this an app and not the website?

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
PurpleCactus9 on Mar 28, 2019 wrote:
uh, I haven't had any problems with grub guardian not working now through about a month ago. (a month ago is when I started grub guardian) and when I started playing about a month ago those little boosts like the mini annihilator and stuff were there. It might be because I downloaded the game on a mobile device rather than playing it on the computer? maybe the mobile version was updated sooner, idk lol
Hmm... Maybe it was updated earlier than I thought it was? Either way, the things I can get have got me hooked! This is FUN!