Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Useless Storm Wizard Needs YOUR Help With Pets!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2017
Yes.. that is me. I am the useless storm wizard
So let's talk pets...

I'm level 63 now and I still have my anniversary dragon levelled to an epic, and although very cool looking... he's no good in fights. At all.

I am looking to get a new pet. But where?! I don't even know where to start... I'm so useless with pets. I've never hatched anything before and need an experienced wizard to pretty much hold my hand through the process

Where can I get a good pet is my first question? Does it have a name? I'm looking for a storm pet specifically.
Is there a good pet that I can just... buy? Lore packs? Hoard packs? I'm desperate here! I just NEED a good pet, especially now that fights are getting harder and I'm feeling so underpowered as a storm wizard.

Trust me, I tried doing research... but in a lot of forums people tend to go into stats specifics and get technical... I know I will probably need to do a bit of hatching to get something good... but what do I hatch! I currently have no good pet, apart from a lil'siren that I dropped from a hoard pack, but she cannot be offered for hatch making for whatever reason... so I have nothing.

Also, what is this pedigree number? The higher the better?

Someone please put me out of my pet misery! Thank you in advance

Regards,
Dee

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Deestinyer on Mar 26, 2019 wrote:
Yes.. that is me. I am the useless storm wizard
So let's talk pets...

I'm level 63 now and I still have my anniversary dragon levelled to an epic, and although very cool looking... he's no good in fights. At all.

I am looking to get a new pet. But where?! I don't even know where to start... I'm so useless with pets. I've never hatched anything before and need an experienced wizard to pretty much hold my hand through the process

Where can I get a good pet is my first question? Does it have a name? I'm looking for a storm pet specifically.
Is there a good pet that I can just... buy? Lore packs? Hoard packs? I'm desperate here! I just NEED a good pet, especially now that fights are getting harder and I'm feeling so underpowered as a storm wizard.

Trust me, I tried doing research... but in a lot of forums people tend to go into stats specifics and get technical... I know I will probably need to do a bit of hatching to get something good... but what do I hatch! I currently have no good pet, apart from a lil'siren that I dropped from a hoard pack, but she cannot be offered for hatch making for whatever reason... so I have nothing.

Also, what is this pedigree number? The higher the better?

Someone please put me out of my pet misery! Thank you in advance

Regards,
Dee
I'll hold your hand lol

Rather than written descriptions and explanations on here if you have chat features in game it might be easier to just meet and I'll mentor you through it bit by bit. Don't worry if you're menu chat - I will still help you every step of the way it will just have to all be on here with explanations instead of using pets as examples. It will still be very do-able!

So, to get started, what chat level do you have - menu, text or open?
What's your wizard's name?
What is your usual avaiability to meet in game (please remember to include time zone)?

I'll post back a time I can meet you when you'll be available too. I'll show you the ropes, show you my pets and hatch whatever you decide would be best for you until you achieve your goals. You'll have a lovely pet very soon

Survivor
May 15, 2017
Victoria FireHeart on Mar 27, 2019 wrote:
I'll hold your hand lol

Rather than written descriptions and explanations on here if you have chat features in game it might be easier to just meet and I'll mentor you through it bit by bit. Don't worry if you're menu chat - I will still help you every step of the way it will just have to all be on here with explanations instead of using pets as examples. It will still be very do-able!

So, to get started, what chat level do you have - menu, text or open?
What's your wizard's name?
What is your usual avaiability to meet in game (please remember to include time zone)?

I'll post back a time I can meet you when you'll be available too. I'll show you the ropes, show you my pets and hatch whatever you decide would be best for you until you achieve your goals. You'll have a lovely pet very soon
Thank you! That is so kind and generous of you I think I'm text chat... I don't quite know what open is nor how to get it.

My wiz name is Destiny, and I'm a storm wizard around level 65.

Due to work schedule, I'm only really available after 7pm (GMT). Similar with weekends, maybe a bit earlier depending on what I'm doing

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Deestinyer on Mar 29, 2019 wrote:
Thank you! That is so kind and generous of you I think I'm text chat... I don't quite know what open is nor how to get it.

My wiz name is Destiny, and I'm a storm wizard around level 65.

Due to work schedule, I'm only really available after 7pm (GMT). Similar with weekends, maybe a bit earlier depending on what I'm doing
Awesome, your schedule fits really well with mine, I'm GMT as well

I'm not sure how long this will take to go through moderation or when you'll see it. How about meeting at 8pm GMT in Dworgyn realm hatchery on Tuesday or Wednesday this week? I'll be on Melissa Stormheart.

Charm this post if that works for you and you'll be there, if not don't charm it and post back an alternative time/day.

Once we're connected I'll answer your questions and show you a load of cool storm pets. You can choose whatever you like and I'll hatch as much as you need to achieve your goals, answering questions and explaining it all every step of the way

It all sounds very complicated to start off with but when you see things changing with each baby hatched it all becomes very clear and is actually pretty simple. I think the easiest way to learn it is to see it

Hopefully see you very soon

Survivor
May 15, 2017
Victoria FireHeart on Mar 31, 2019 wrote:

I'm not sure how long this will take to go through moderation or when you'll see it. How about meeting at 8pm GMT in Dworgyn realm hatchery on Tuesday or Wednesday this week? I'll be on Melissa Stormheart.

Charm this post if that works for you and you'll be there, if not don't charm it and post back an alternative time/day.

Once we're connected I'll answer your questions and show you a load of cool storm pets. You can choose whatever you like and I'll hatch as much as you need to achieve your goals, answering questions and explaining it all every step of the way

It all sounds very complicated to start off with but when you see things changing with each baby hatched it all becomes very clear and is actually pretty simple. I think the easiest way to learn it is to see it

Ay, someone else is GMT! That seems rare
I'll be there today at 8pm! My wizard is called Destiny, but I'll look out for you in case my message doesn't get approved in time.

Thank you!

Survivor
May 15, 2017
Hello! Sorry, I completely forgot that the clocks switched forward recently. Just to clarify - I will be online at 8pm GMT which is at 9pm BST. We switched to BST a couple of days ago will definitely see you at 8pm GMT though.

Survivor
May 15, 2017
Victoria FireHeart on Mar 31, 2019 wrote:

Once again I want to thank you so so much! It was so sweet of you to take the time out of your day to teach me all about pets PLUS gardening because who knew these connect!

I can't emphasise my thanks enough, you're an absolute star and I promise to make you proud and grow the biggest gardens (well, after you ) and have the best pets! It it doesn't take me years that is!

Although I feel like an expert after all your help already, I still know I'll need a little more practical work so I'll get onto my garden-planting and pet-training tasks through this week

Thanks so much for all your kind help again and hope to see you around!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Deestinyer on Apr 3, 2019 wrote:
Once again I want to thank you so so much! It was so sweet of you to take the time out of your day to teach me all about pets PLUS gardening because who knew these connect!

I can't emphasise my thanks enough, you're an absolute star and I promise to make you proud and grow the biggest gardens (well, after you ) and have the best pets! It it doesn't take me years that is!

Although I feel like an expert after all your help already, I still know I'll need a little more practical work so I'll get onto my garden-planting and pet-training tasks through this week

Thanks so much for all your kind help again and hope to see you around!
Thank you, thank you for your kind words!

It was a pleasure to meet you and I am happy to help!

As discussed here are a few wee notes...

When a pet is put into the kiosk she is only there for a max of a week or for 10 hatches (whichever comes first) and then the owner must put her back in. As soon as a pet leaves the kiosk the owner is able to put her back in. If you can't find Miss Brutus and she is still not there an hour later let me know and I'll make sure she is available again...let me know as many times as needed, I'm happy for her to be available for as long as you want her

Also, immediately after a hatch the kiosk pet will vanish from the kiosk for a one hour cool down period, so if you hatch multiple times in one day you'll need to wait an hour between hatches to find her there again. If you're going to use a purreau potion to do an extra hatch make sure she is showing before you buy it! You can't undo a timer reset if you can't find her and you'll have wasted 400c.

Ok Prickly Bears

I know you've done gardening before but I'll say the basics just in case you're not sure of them...

You'll need 45 energy to see to the needs - large area sun (15); large area pollination (15); deep freeze for rank 3 pests (15).

The big energy drain will be the replant - plant to your energy (around about 40 seeds). You can use all your energy on this, the energy consumption in tending them will be the same right up to the full 69 stack. When your total energy hits 90 you will be able to manage 2 stacks of 45 each.

Triggering and trigger times:

The stages of plant growth always takes 3 main triggers. These take them through their growth stages.

1. Plant seeds
2. Trigger 1 - changes them from seedling to young
3. Trigger 2 - changes them from young to mature
4. Once mature they will progress to elder, allowing us to harvest at regular intervals
5. Trigger 3 - changes them to elder

The first trigger does not produce any needs - you will not need any energy to complete this trigger!
The second trigger you will need at least 45 energy to see to all the needs, same for subsequent harvests.

As the first trigger does not produce needs, once you have 90 energy (enough for all needs on both stacks during mature-elder) you will be able to trigger stack 1 to young and still have all your energy intact for replanting everything in stack 2.

Trigger and harvest times for your bears:

This is calculated for likes - red barn farm, pile of sand, krok insect tablet and garden gnome (if you have a pixie they will be faster but idk if you will add them, they can attract their own so pixie times in brackets)

Seed to young - 10h 37m (8h 30m)
Young to mature - 22h 51m (18h 17m)
Mature to elder - 3d 16h 8m (2d 22h 31m)
Harvests during mature to elder stage - 9h 48m (7h 50)

These should be pretty accurate but use your own observations to adjust them slightly if needed. I don't use the times to tell me when to go to my plants, I use them to tell me not to go before there is value in going! If we go before a harvest is ready we have to see to needs but get nothing from it or only a few plants are ready instead of them all.

To make the most of your bears I recommend visiting them daily

I hope this helps....see you soon!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Also wanted to add, I'd recommend keeping the +25xp snacks you get so you build up a stock of them for when you get to the stage where we train higher than adult. Each level of training costs more energy per train, so using those bigger snacks on higher levels will be much more beneficial.

Energy per train:

Baby to teen = 2 energy
teen to adult = 4 energy
adult to ancient = 6 energy
ancient to epic = 8 energy
epic to mega = 10 energy

We also have to consider the exponential growth of XP required between stages:

baby to teen = 125xp
teen to adult = 250
adult to ancient = 500
ancient to epic = 1000
epic to mega = 2000

Between the two factors (energy and XP required) your mega snacks will be of MUCH higher value if they're saved for the pets you take above adult

PS. If you run out of shanta puddings or 10xp snacks (these can be bought and sold in the bazaar) and they don't have any in the bazaar just lmk, I can always sell more and I'm happy to help you with gold if you need a top up too

Cya soon!

Survivor
May 15, 2017
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 5, 2019 wrote:
Also wanted to add, I'd recommend keeping the +25xp snacks you get so you build up a stock of them for when you get to the stage where we train higher than adult. Each level of training costs more energy per train, so using those bigger snacks on higher levels will be much more beneficial.

Energy per train:

Baby to teen = 2 energy
teen to adult = 4 energy
adult to ancient = 6 energy
ancient to epic = 8 energy
epic to mega = 10 energy

We also have to consider the exponential growth of XP required between stages:

baby to teen = 125xp
teen to adult = 250
adult to ancient = 500
ancient to epic = 1000
epic to mega = 2000

Between the two factors (energy and XP required) your mega snacks will be of MUCH higher value if they're saved for the pets you take above adult

PS. If you run out of shanta puddings or 10xp snacks (these can be bought and sold in the bazaar) and they don't have any in the bazaar just lmk, I can always sell more and I'm happy to help you with gold if you need a top up too

Cya soon!
Thank you so much for all your help and the very detailed posts too! I'm super greatful
I'm slowly but surely digging up the enchanted pots for my prickly bears, and bought some magma peas too. I won't plant the peas until I farmed for enough of them though, once I'm a higher level.

I trained the one we hatched together up to an adult and unfortunately it still carried over a maycast balancespear but I hatched once again and trained into an adut (double pet xp weekend woohoo) and got a 3% dealer and 3% proof so I think I'm getting on the right track! That being said, Miss Brutus did in fact disappear.. if it's not too cheeky to ask, may I hatch with her again? No rush though! I'm gonna have to do a bit of questing to get the gold for that, which shouldn't take too long but it's no rush for you - thank you in advance!!

You've been amazing in helping me learn all these new things thank you so much!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Deestinyer on Apr 13, 2019 wrote:
Thank you so much for all your help and the very detailed posts too! I'm super greatful
I'm slowly but surely digging up the enchanted pots for my prickly bears, and bought some magma peas too. I won't plant the peas until I farmed for enough of them though, once I'm a higher level.

I trained the one we hatched together up to an adult and unfortunately it still carried over a maycast balancespear but I hatched once again and trained into an adut (double pet xp weekend woohoo) and got a 3% dealer and 3% proof so I think I'm getting on the right track! That being said, Miss Brutus did in fact disappear.. if it's not too cheeky to ask, may I hatch with her again? No rush though! I'm gonna have to do a bit of questing to get the gold for that, which shouldn't take too long but it's no rush for you - thank you in advance!!

You've been amazing in helping me learn all these new things thank you so much!
Not cheeky at all, I'll put her back in right now and when she vanishes again don't hesitate to give me a heads up...you're welcome to her for as long as you need!

As for the evil magma peas - plant them and get them to elder even if you're not going to be doing them regularly. If they are at elder you can double the seeds as soon as double gardening benefit starts...if you plant them again and trigger promptly you might be able to quad them!

They can sit at elder forever...they won't get needs or change, so as soon as the benefit starts you are guaranteed to get double their seeds...which will be great for your garden