Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What if KI started over...

AuthorMessage
Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Okay, Okay I have a really good one here, or not, depending on your views and perception. So get comfortable and away we go...

Imagine if Wizard101 was new in 2019. What would you want to see? Now we all love Wizard101, and wouldn't trade it for anything. The common question is: "If we knew then what we know now, what would we do?"

Here is my list:
  • The first thing is to choose your race. I could have the option to be a "Purrsain" Cat from Mirage or a Krok from Krokotopia, or maybe a fire elf like Dalia Falmea, or a frog, like Halston. Or I could stay a human wizard from Earth.
  • I would then, of course, choose my school and this time perhaps add some more questions to the book of secrets, and maybe an eighth school.
  • Unfortunately, I wouldn't do the turn-based system (the duel circle). It is a headache! Especially due to all the randomness and possibilities in PVP. Pirate101 still gives turns, but it seems more under control so to speak.
  • I would want to see us get more involved with our actual school and professor, to gain an honors diploma. Like the professors offered "electives" and you actually got a grade for it. Say Moolinda called me in one day and said it is time for me to offer the gardening elective, and I want you to grow me an adult Fig tree, due by 11:59 PM in three days - reward school points to your next spell.
  • The 1st arc should be small. Kind of like Captain Gunn's treasure in Pirate. I really did not feel the urgency from anyone during the Malistaire quest. Like Merle would ask us if we wanted to compete in the Spiral Cup tournament in the middle of us chasing down Malistaire. All of that stuff should have got out of the way before we rushed into a "save the world" story.
Now I know some of these can still be implemented into the current game, but race choices... probably never all the clothing would have to be altered to fit the new body. No new school, the balance of the game would take a long time.
This is for my fellow players to read and respond, and even employees at KI, think of this as YOUR Feedback Friday. If we knew then what we know now, what would we do? And know, I'm not bashing anyone, I just think things could really be different if we had a second chance.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Blaze03554 on Mar 23, 2019 wrote:
Okay, Okay I have a really good one here, or not, depending on your views and perception. So get comfortable and away we go...

Imagine if Wizard101 was new in 2019. What would you want to see? Now we all love Wizard101, and wouldn't trade it for anything. The common question is: "If we knew then what we know now, what would we do?"

Here is my list:
  • The first thing is to choose your race. I could have the option to be a "Purrsain" Cat from Mirage or a Krok from Krokotopia, or maybe a fire elf like Dalia Falmea, or a frog, like Halston. Or I could stay a human wizard from Earth.
  • I would then, of course, choose my school and this time perhaps add some more questions to the book of secrets, and maybe an eighth school.
  • Unfortunately, I wouldn't do the turn-based system (the duel circle). It is a headache! Especially due to all the randomness and possibilities in PVP. Pirate101 still gives turns, but it seems more under control so to speak.
  • I would want to see us get more involved with our actual school and professor, to gain an honors diploma. Like the professors offered "electives" and you actually got a grade for it. Say Moolinda called me in one day and said it is time for me to offer the gardening elective, and I want you to grow me an adult Fig tree, due by 11:59 PM in three days - reward school points to your next spell.
  • The 1st arc should be small. Kind of like Captain Gunn's treasure in Pirate. I really did not feel the urgency from anyone during the Malistaire quest. Like Merle would ask us if we wanted to compete in the Spiral Cup tournament in the middle of us chasing down Malistaire. All of that stuff should have got out of the way before we rushed into a "save the world" story.
Now I know some of these can still be implemented into the current game, but race choices... probably never all the clothing would have to be altered to fit the new body. No new school, the balance of the game would take a long time.
This is for my fellow players to read and respond, and even employees at KI, think of this as YOUR Feedback Friday. If we knew then what we know now, what would we do? And know, I'm not bashing anyone, I just think things could really be different if we had a second chance.

Okay, I can see that’s a no.. lol

Survivor
Jan 27, 2011
I would love to see a port to consoles, Xbox One and Switch especially. If they could, this would be a great game for cross-platform play. If KI didn't do cross-platform, at least let us log into our PC accounts on consoles. This would probably make for a good change both now and if they started over.