Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Daily quests for Pekrons

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 26, 2012
It occurred to me that some random samples might be good for the investigation into Pekrons, places and events not chosen, but generated by random events. To this end one might take readings from an individuals badge while she or he is assisting another in the completion of some battle. By simply directing the badge holder to the Kiosk, and monitoring their assistance of some other person, who has requested aid, the pekron levels of places normally not encountered would be assured.
In other words, simply make the kiosk a location for the daily assignment, on occasion, and it would both be more interesting, and also make that day one upon which it is easier to get, "help" in a dungeon. For the higher level players, you might make it necessary to assist someone in some world other than wizard City. Krokotopia or Marleybone, perhaps. and for the extremely high levels, there are other worlds. Perhaps the code would be too difficult to engender, but if one of the game program masters were able to take the time, and energy, it might make a few million players less bored, increase the incidence of helping, and make lower level players less likely to quit because they couldn't get past some boss who was just too terrible to face.
It's a thought, since some players, (unnamed) might just go online long enough to take their characters through the 'daily' assignment, when pressed for time, and they would, as a result of this, be encouraged to contribute a bit of help, on at least one day. It would also encourage some players to get a kiosk for their home, to make the 'daily' on that day, easier to finish. The possible benefits seem to outweigh the potential hazards, and might even be worth the programming required. It would be as celebrated as doing something with that hole in the ground at old town.

Administrator
Gorman Deathstalke... on Mar 19, 2019 wrote:
It occurred to me that some random samples might be good for the investigation into Pekrons, places and events not chosen, but generated by random events. To this end one might take readings from an individuals badge while she or he is assisting another in the completion of some battle. By simply directing the badge holder to the Kiosk, and monitoring their assistance of some other person, who has requested aid, the pekron levels of places normally not encountered would be assured.
In other words, simply make the kiosk a location for the daily assignment, on occasion, and it would both be more interesting, and also make that day one upon which it is easier to get, "help" in a dungeon. For the higher level players, you might make it necessary to assist someone in some world other than wizard City. Krokotopia or Marleybone, perhaps. and for the extremely high levels, there are other worlds. Perhaps the code would be too difficult to engender, but if one of the game program masters were able to take the time, and energy, it might make a few million players less bored, increase the incidence of helping, and make lower level players less likely to quit because they couldn't get past some boss who was just too terrible to face.
It's a thought, since some players, (unnamed) might just go online long enough to take their characters through the 'daily' assignment, when pressed for time, and they would, as a result of this, be encouraged to contribute a bit of help, on at least one day. It would also encourage some players to get a kiosk for their home, to make the 'daily' on that day, easier to finish. The possible benefits seem to outweigh the potential hazards, and might even be worth the programming required. It would be as celebrated as doing something with that hole in the ground at old town.
Some interesting ideas here Gorman! So you're suggesting the Kiosk become a locale for the daily assignment, and maybe some higher level group requirements.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Gorman Deathstalke... on Mar 19, 2019 wrote:
Nice idea! (thumbs up)

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Now this is an interesting notion.

I think it is a great idea to add some spice to the daily Gravulum quests.

But let me play Devil's advocate. When I log on in the morning to take care of my garden and help out Aegon Stantz I usually don't have lots of spare time. I do enjoy the fact that the daily stuff can be accomplished within my morning routine. So how do we implement this idea without altering the basic Gravulum premise

How about Aegon Stantz has two available quests? The first is the quick in and out daily. The second is a more involved one that stays in our quest box until completed and this second quest is along the lines suggested by Mr. Deathstalker.

Something like this, perhaps...?
"What are you doing here? I didn't order any Wizard Scout cookies. Oh it's you."
"Yes, I did call you. I need you to assist in five battles in this location."
"No time rush, just check in once you have finished the five battles."

That quest would have little bit better reward than the daily and would stay in our quest finder until the requirements have been met, whether it takes hours or days. Once accomplished, the Wizard would be able to get another "Extended Pekron Assignment"

Just some brainstorming
Steven Ghoststalker