Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Allow numbers or number words in chat?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 26, 2019
Hello, I have a suggestion for the text chat. It would be great if numbers were added in the chat, like 2, 5, 14, etc. It's kinda difficult to explain to someone what level you are or how many of something you need without being able to type the numbers. I understand some people might be able to use numbers to replace certain letters to create words that aren't allowed, but I'd be more than happy with just the words for numbers. typing "zero" and "one" are already allowed, but anything above that isn't ( like you can't type, for example, three, six, thirteen, etc). Thanks! (P.S. this is one of my first posts so I hope I'm posting this in the right area.)

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Welcome, PurpleCactus9! (Haha, I like that name)

I'll go with you on words. People are constantly using alternative words for word numbers, such as Too for Two, Tree for Three, etc. Removing this boundary, in my thought (feel free to correct me), would not be sorely missed.

As for numbers, they should absolutely not have their barrier lifted, to prevent people from sharing their phone numbers, among other reasons.

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
Its to keep people from sharing personal info, specifically passwords, social media, addresses, phone numbers, ages and etc. Text chat is mostly implemented for younger wizards who have a bit of freedom without having that full open chat privilege. While the filter is annoying, it's a step up from menu chat.

While the filter would not be missed by use whose accounts are stuck at the same age, its for safety reasons and to keep the game safe for younger wizards.