Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Keeps Crashing

AuthorMessage
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
While purchasing a few hoard packs, my game crashed twice. When I attempted to report the incident, the "bug report" crashed as well.

Administrator
Snee432 on Mar 7, 2019 wrote:
While purchasing a few hoard packs, my game crashed twice. When I attempted to report the incident, the "bug report" crashed as well.
Hi Snee432! Did you attempt to redeem any of the items, or was the game crashing as soon as you purchased the pack?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
My friends and I have also been experiencing crashes and have submitted bug reports for most of them. They seem to be happening randomly and not affecting all my wizards (eg they don't all crash, just one will randomly crash).

It's possible that one of the updates has caused this and thanks to the bug reporter KI likely already know there is an issue. My bug reports have gone through, so they're getting some of the reports even if others are failing to go through.

Last night one of my wizards crashed and when I logged back in her backpack was reading 183/180. It should have been 183/250. No items were lost and leaving the area and returning corrected it to reflect her limit of 250. Poor Zeke was having a panic attack!

It's unusual for wizards to crash like this so I'm guessing it's a wee problem from a recent update. I expect (and hope) that KI is working on a fix. I'll keep popping in the bug reports when it happens, hopefully that will help identify what's causing it! Good luck to the KI team, I hope it's a simple fix

Administrator
It does appear to be a bug. Thank for reporting it here in the forums! We're working on the issue. If you have any further information on what might be triggering the crash, please let us know.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Sparck on Mar 7, 2019 wrote:
Hi Snee432! Did you attempt to redeem any of the items, or was the game crashing as soon as you purchased the pack?
It happened again this morning when I tried to redeem pet packs from the crown rewards I received last time. Thank you for keeping us posted!

Administrator
Snee432 on Mar 8, 2019 wrote:
It happened again this morning when I tried to redeem pet packs from the crown rewards I received last time. Thank you for keeping us posted!
Thanks Snee for the update! Has anyone had a client crash since our maintenance patch on Friday?

Survivor
Sep 07, 2017
Whenever i press a friend on friends list game just instantly crashes on questions asked

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Sparck on Mar 10, 2019 wrote:
Thanks Snee for the update! Has anyone had a client crash since our maintenance patch on Friday?
Sadly yes, I had at least one client crash over the weekend (I submitted a bug report). It may have been more, I wasn't paying much attention to it because I knew the issue was known and didn't realise it was supposed to have been fixed. I'll keep submitting reports if it happens. Hopefully it will help identify the cause.

Good luck guys!