Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical System

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
I come back after being gone for a year so excited to play. As questing goes on I realize that I'm not blocking any critical hits.I am in a fight with a boss and his minion when they both land a critical, and I'm dead.
I'm also not landing any critical hits. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining I am trying to find out am I missing something? Do I need better gear?I am still in my Darkmoor gear.I just want to be able to block some critical hits and land some. It doesn't seem to be happening, and I don't know why. This hasn't happened before. I am currently playing my death wizard. She's level 122. If I am missing out on better gear can someone please tell me. I really wish the critical system didn't seem broken... Is this happening to other people? Other than that I am having a good time in Empyrea.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome Back!

Now, a part of the whole revamp of the Critical & Block System, the way we now block was severely altered.

Blocking, just like our Critical Rating represents a % amount based on the number value and your current level. Both of these stats decreases as you level unless you alter your gear to raise it's numbers.

Now, you're in Darkmoor Gear (Is this your Mal/Exalted etc. gear?) or regular sub-par level 100 gear?

So what's happening to you is completely normal. As such, you will also have to adjust your battle style to ensure your resistances are adequate enough to survive critical hits.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2018
Unfortunately, I think this has to do with critical decay, which you probably already have heard of. You'll just have to upgrade her gear to fix this.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
Star Edward on Feb 19, 2019 wrote:
Welcome Back!

Now, a part of the whole revamp of the Critical & Block System, the way we now block was severely altered.

Blocking, just like our Critical Rating represents a % amount based on the number value and your current level. Both of these stats decreases as you level unless you alter your gear to raise it's numbers.

Now, you're in Darkmoor Gear (Is this your Mal/Exalted etc. gear?) or regular sub-par level 100 gear?

So what's happening to you is completely normal. As such, you will also have to adjust your battle style to ensure your resistances are adequate enough to survive critical hits.

Yes, it's my Exalted gear. Is there better gear I should be farming for I don't know of?

Survivor
Feb 28, 2010
Hello,

Do you want to increase your damage/critical hit chance?
For level 120+ you can get a very good ring from Mimic in Mirage, that can boost your critical and also damage.
I have seen lots of people keep their athame from Darkmoor or Morganthe.
If you don't have a way to get crowns items, the best critical wands are either the Darkmoor wand or the Hades staff from Tartarus.
I have the Morganthe amulet on all my strong wizards because that gives me a blade and critical.
At lvl 122 all my wizards have either Krokopatra or Malistaire hat and Rattlebones or Malistaire robe (depends on school).
At lvl 125 you can get cabal boots that can increase your damage even more.
Don't forget a neat pet

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
ArtDeiona on Feb 20, 2019 wrote:
Hello,

Do you want to increase your damage/critical hit chance?
For level 120+ you can get a very good ring from Mimic in Mirage, that can boost your critical and also damage.
I have seen lots of people keep their athame from Darkmoor or Morganthe.
If you don't have a way to get crowns items, the best critical wands are either the Darkmoor wand or the Hades staff from Tartarus.
I have the Morganthe amulet on all my strong wizards because that gives me a blade and critical.
At lvl 122 all my wizards have either Krokopatra or Malistaire hat and Rattlebones or Malistaire robe (depends on school).
At lvl 125 you can get cabal boots that can increase your damage even more.
Don't forget a neat pet
Thank you for your response.
I have a really good wand I got with crowns. It's called a Fortune Teller's Peerless Eye. I am also using Lord of Death's Razor Athame and my Alpha And Omega Ring. The reason why I still have my athame and my ring is because they have damage jewels affixed to them.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
I forgot to add I am also wearing Shadow Queen's Grace Amulet.