Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Death Pet?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2015
Hello, im a exalted wizard and looking for a pet that gives the max attack damage, max universal resist and critical rating. Would you guys have an advice to me? (I have no problem with gold and time to get the perfect pet)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
AndreiKamp on Feb 15, 2019 wrote:
Hello, im a exalted wizard and looking for a pet that gives the max attack damage, max universal resist and critical rating. Would you guys have an advice to me? (I have no problem with gold and time to get the perfect pet)
Hiya

There are 5 damage talents - Death-Dealer; Pain-Giver; Death-Giver; Pain-Bringer and Death Boon

There are 4 critical talents - Death Assailant; Death Striker; Critical Striker; Critical Hitter

There are 2 universal resist talents - Spell-Proof and Spell-Defying

Since our pets can have 5 learned talents plus a jewel we have to decide which combos of the above talents would work best for you. You won't be able to have all 11 talents at once, but you can have combos of them on different pets to swap and change for different battles.

I don't really work with selfish talents in pool, if I use them I prefer jeweling them to suit the manifested talents. I rarely do this though, usually opting for a complimentary talent (eg jeweling proof/defy).

I usually look at my stats and decide what I'd like boosting most and then choose the talent combo that will give me that. Let me know what combo you're looking for and I'll help you however I can

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I have a ghastly opossum that came out very nice. I trained him up to 2 critical talents, 2 school critical talents and a school pain giver talent. He's very effective. The kiosk is good for finding what you prefer. It's just a matter of repeat hatches until you get what you want. Since we don't have to carry any healing talents it leaves room for other things. This is a great time for a new pet too, with double XP. If you're having more trouble Victoria can help you find pets to hatch with.

Christine Soulshard lvl 104 Death

Survivor
May 23, 2015
Victoria FireHeart on Feb 15, 2019 wrote:
Hiya

There are 5 damage talents - Death-Dealer; Pain-Giver; Death-Giver; Pain-Bringer and Death Boon

There are 4 critical talents - Death Assailant; Death Striker; Critical Striker; Critical Hitter

There are 2 universal resist talents - Spell-Proof and Spell-Defying

Since our pets can have 5 learned talents plus a jewel we have to decide which combos of the above talents would work best for you. You won't be able to have all 11 talents at once, but you can have combos of them on different pets to swap and change for different battles.

I don't really work with selfish talents in pool, if I use them I prefer jeweling them to suit the manifested talents. I rarely do this though, usually opting for a complimentary talent (eg jeweling proof/defy).

I usually look at my stats and decide what I'd like boosting most and then choose the talent combo that will give me that. Let me know what combo you're looking for and I'll help you however I can
Thank you for the tips!

I think i would like a death pet with 3 damage talents and 2 resist talents, or 2 damage, 2 resist and 1 critical. I just don't know how to get a pet with these talents. I would like a Dark Knight, a Deathdactyl or even a Ghulture, to get that useful spells, but i don't know how to get them with 3 damage talents and 2 resist talents. Any tip?

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
This method takes some gold. You end up hatching 2 or 3 times. This is what I did. I bought a dragon in the hut across from the kiosk (not the pavilion). Little or no talents. I looked for another winged creature - Deathadactyl - looked through all of them and, based on it's talents, chose one to hatch with. I wanted criticals at the time so I looked at deathadactyls with 4 crits and another death talent. Your spells give your life back so you don't need to worry about carrying any healers. Hatch those two - your dragon and the deathadactyl - train the result up to adult and see which talent comes out. In my case, on the second try, 2 crit talents manifested so I trained up another level just to see what I would get - and so on. It's very random so you have to be kind of flexible. And if you don't have the gold to try again right away take him into battle, earn more gold and try again. Victoria is probably cringing at my unorthodox methods but they work for me. There are some pets in the kiosk that have to be hatched with one of it's own kind. Victoria can name those for you. Some others are more forgiving ie; 4 legs to 4 legs, winged creature to winged creature. I had a lot of trouble hatching a Myth pet. Very strict. Do have any kind of pet right now? You can start there. Good luck and have fun.

Christina Soulshard lvl 89 Death

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
AndreiKamp on Feb 16, 2019 wrote:
Thank you for the tips!

I think i would like a death pet with 3 damage talents and 2 resist talents, or 2 damage, 2 resist and 1 critical. I just don't know how to get a pet with these talents. I would like a Dark Knight, a Deathdactyl or even a Ghulture, to get that useful spells, but i don't know how to get them with 3 damage talents and 2 resist talents. Any tip?
Thank you for the info! I'll start with the pets you might like then go on to explain the process I use to guarantee a pet I am happy with

You've said you'd like a trip/double or double/double/crit on a dark knight, deathdactyl or ghulture. I don't have exactly what you're looking for but I do have the following (they all have max stats 255 250 260 260 250 and all have pools that allow for both of the combinations you've said). I'll lay them out as simply as possible:

1. Deathdactyl - Proof, defy, death-dealer, death giver, pain-bringer
We'd need to manifest pain-giver instead of pain bringer to make it a perfect trip/double.

2. Deathdactyl - proof, pain-giver, death-giver, death-dealer, critical hitter
We'd need to manifest defy instead of death-giver to make it a perfect double/double/crit

3. Obsidian Mimic - proof, defy, pain-giver, death-giver, death-dealer
This is a perfect trip/double - will need to check if he can go into the kiosk, if not we would need to be able to hatch in person (which I am happy to do)

4. Death Wartle (cute death turtle) - proof, defy, pain-giver, death-giver, death-dealer
This is a perfect trip/double and can be added to the kiosk. It's not a body type you suggested. He gives a death trap card and is very cute

5. Wildwood yeti - proof, pain-giver, death-giver, death-dealer, fairy
Has fairy manifested and is not a body type suggested but he's a popular pet and gives a deathblade card and bonetree lord card.

I'd probably choose the first deathdactyl or the death wartle...but it's your choice and all have appropriate pools to give you what you want

Ok process:

1. Choose the pet you will hatch with repeatedly - you are going to make a copy of the stats and pool.

2. Choose the pet you will start with for hatching (a pet you own that you'll use). Most of us have a lot of pets and it's easy to get hung up trying to work out which to use. It's not very important because it will change so much over the process anyway. We don't want it to take multiple extra hatches though, so use the one with your best stats and a short timer (5 mins). Just compare the stat numbers of your adult pets and go with one that has higher ones comparatively...it doesn't need to be exact. We go for a short timer so we're not waiting a day for a 'between' pet to hatch

3. Take a screen shot of the hatch if it helps you compare. Hatch them together and when the new egg hatches look at the stats and pool (the list of talents) - have the stats increased? has the pool changed to be more similar to the pet you hatched with? If you answered yes to either, train it to adult.

4. Use the pet you made in step 3 and hatch again with the pet from step 1...ask yourself the same questions, if you answered yet to either, train to adult...use this pet for your next hatch with the pet from step 1

5. Repeat this process until you get no changes to stats or pool. If the stats and pool are the same as pet (step 1) you're ready for step 6; if they are not yet the same ignore the baby that is a copy of your last 'between' pet and hatch again until it changes.

6. Once the stats and pool are the same on your baby as the pet in step 1, take it to adult and hatch it again to make a second copy. Train the second one but KEEP your first one safe for if the baby fails. This allows you to hatch again with a perfect copy if the baby fails instead of going back a step to one that is not yet perfect.

7. If the baby fails, hatch your copied one with the kiosk one again and try again by training the new baby.

It can help to make sure your parent pet (or 'safe' pet) has good talents - you can switch it for the baby any time to help avoid fail talents. Manifested talents in the parents have a stronger chance of manifesting in a new baby.

I hope this isn't too much info at once and is clear/easy for you to understand If it's not, please feel free to ask anything. Let me know if you'd like to hatch with any of the pets listed at the top and if so, which one. I'll put it into the kiosk and let you know the name to look for etc. I can keep it available to you in the kiosk for your project so you have the consistency of hatching with the same pet (which allows each hatch to progress instead of taking a step forward in one area but a step back in another).

LMK, and I hope this helps!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
colocrys on Feb 17, 2019 wrote:
This method takes some gold. You end up hatching 2 or 3 times. This is what I did. I bought a dragon in the hut across from the kiosk (not the pavilion). Little or no talents. I looked for another winged creature - Deathadactyl - looked through all of them and, based on it's talents, chose one to hatch with. I wanted criticals at the time so I looked at deathadactyls with 4 crits and another death talent. Your spells give your life back so you don't need to worry about carrying any healers. Hatch those two - your dragon and the deathadactyl - train the result up to adult and see which talent comes out. In my case, on the second try, 2 crit talents manifested so I trained up another level just to see what I would get - and so on. It's very random so you have to be kind of flexible. And if you don't have the gold to try again right away take him into battle, earn more gold and try again. Victoria is probably cringing at my unorthodox methods but they work for me. There are some pets in the kiosk that have to be hatched with one of it's own kind. Victoria can name those for you. Some others are more forgiving ie; 4 legs to 4 legs, winged creature to winged creature. I had a lot of trouble hatching a Myth pet. Very strict. Do have any kind of pet right now? You can start there. Good luck and have fun.

Christina Soulshard lvl 89 Death
"Victoria is probably cringing at my unorthodox methods..."

Oh my goodness Colocrys I was cringing a little and when I read that you made me laugh so much!

I'm grinning now and I don't think I've ever told you just how lovely I think you are and what wonderful, beautiful energy you have! You're a real sweetie!

I think, from this post, I might understand what you were asking about before a bit better...and also understand why my explanations were not helping too! At risk of us getting confused again, I am going to try to explain (with a better understanding of what you're thinking...hopefully!)

When we hatch we don't need to match features or similarities with the two pets (ours and theirs). When you have hatched 4 legs with 4 legs and got their pet it was a coincidence that you got theirs, not a strategy. Winged creature to winged creature doesn't increase the chance of getting their winged creature. When you struggled to get the myth pet it wasn't because you were using the 'wrong' pet, it was rotten luck...likewise, when you have got the other pet it was good luck

I promise, if there was a formula of winged-winged or 4 legs - 4 legs etc increasing the odds on getting the other pet I'd be sharing it with the world! I want people to get the pets they want and I want to help make it as clear/simple/cost-effective etc as possible for everyone

Almost all hatches have about 50/50 chance of us getting our body type or theirs. The only exception is with hybrids that appear to have a slightly lower chance of being passed...and making a hybrid in the first place, which requires 2 very specific pets be hatched for a rare chance at the hybrid (which doesn't look like either pet). But almost all hatches have about a 50/50 chance of either appearance - yours or theirs - whether we get it or not is down to RNG (the computer basically tosses a coin lol).

I hope this explains it better for you and I hope that you can now see that if you still want that myth pet it's still worth trying again...RNG gave you bad luck when you didn't get it each time, but you can still get it if you try again!