Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hilarious things in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 14, 2018
I was quite bored and I thought to ask what are some aspects of the game people find to be a bit... well funny. I'll start by sharing some stuff that I find hilarious.

Quick disclaimer: I adore Wizard101 and I know some of the stuff here is a necessary game mechanic, so I'm not trying to offend anyone, just being a kid with nothing better to do.

1. The quests that require collecting stuff. Some of them do make sense but when someone is like "Can you please collect those super important barrels, one of which is literally five feet away from me, because I just can't do it myself?" that is a bit ridiculous.

2. Wizard City's town guards. I mean, what do they actually do??? What is their job?? Are they supposed to ward off magical monsters with their pikes?? Good thing the city has an army of students, cause I've never seen the guards do much aside from standing around.

3. Side quest givers. Their thought process must be interesting. "Look, here comes a random child! Better ask them to solve this problem that has been bugging me for a while!"

4. How Ambrose's headmastering pretty much consists of standing in his room and sending students to dangerous missions. Props to him for never sleeping though.

5. How the entire Ravenwood faculty decided it was a good idea to let children who look around twelve (judging by the avatars) have their personal islands where they can keep ghosts and invite whoever they want. Now that I think about it, the teachers calmly allowing students to travel between worlds and fight whatever evil thing they find doesn't seem that responsible either.

Well, that seems long enough. Are there any parts of the game that you find weird?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
In all honesty I LOVE the dialogue in W101 and find myself enjoying listening to it repeatedly...and still finding it funny each time I hear it

The humour is perfect, it's fun, quirky and frequently slipped in as a bonus for those of us who enjoy it A couple of more recent little jokes I laughed at were when Mellori says, "Bat? Man, you've got a lot of guts...." and there is hardly any gap between Bat? Man. (Quest: Signal to noise). There were a few in this quest dialogue - when Pork says about Vigilant Sargun's 'majestic birddog ears' and then calls him 'a good boy'

I love it!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
My favorite is regardless of school you seem to interact more with Professor Drake than any other professor.

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Victoria FireHeart on Feb 12, 2019 wrote:
In all honesty I LOVE the dialogue in W101 and find myself enjoying listening to it repeatedly...and still finding it funny each time I hear it

The humour is perfect, it's fun, quirky and frequently slipped in as a bonus for those of us who enjoy it A couple of more recent little jokes I laughed at were when Mellori says, "Bat? Man, you've got a lot of guts...." and there is hardly any gap between Bat? Man. (Quest: Signal to noise). There were a few in this quest dialogue - when Pork says about Vigilant Sargun's 'majestic birddog ears' and then calls him 'a good boy'

I love it!
This brings the Halloween quest to my mind.

Dworgyn - "Hopefully our innovative little farmers learned not to walk into caves with gates emblazoned with giant skulls! (Italics for extra effect)

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
It is always raining in some worlds, yet no one catches cold.