Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Forum Character Limit

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
When did the character limit on these forums skyrocket to 10,000 characters per post? I am NOT complaining at all! I think this is a WONDERFUL thing as SOME of my posts, and others too, get really long winded. Thanks for the expansion.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I noticed this a few days ago too!

It's a very welcomed addition.

With all the updates heading solely towards the game, it's good to see the Message Boards getting a little as well.

Still, hope this continues!

Maybe more Avatars?
Different writing styles?
More Emoticons?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
dayerider on Feb 11, 2019 wrote:
When did the character limit on these forums skyrocket to 10,000 characters per post? I am NOT complaining at all! I think this is a WONDERFUL thing as SOME of my posts, and others too, get really long winded. Thanks for the expansion.
I agree! I'm very appreciative of this upgrade to 10k words! It allows for actual guides and detailed descriptions/instructions that can be really useful It's not uncommon for me to go just over the 2000 word limit and go back to tighten it up so it's not a multi-post...but often that means cutting out smaller details that could be useful if the person doesn't know them. So often the details matter in this game, it's really good to have the space to include them

Administrator
It did indeed! It actually was noticed when I started writing a blog post for you all and I couldn't write what I wanted... so I upped the limit for everyone :).

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Sparck on Feb 12, 2019 wrote:
It did indeed! It actually was noticed when I started writing a blog post for you all and I couldn't write what I wanted... so I upped the limit for everyone :).
this!!!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
That's nice. People can write long, long, replies now. Look out everyone!

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Well, I really like it!

Thanks, Sparck! This really helps. Gives us more breathing room.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Thank you!

It's especially helpful for anyone starting a new thread with a longer post...they couldn't even multi-post to finish what they were saying before the limit was increased and split threads were difficult to follow