Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friends list expansion elixir?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 01, 2014
Just like in pirate101, we should have a friends list expansion elixir, maximum of two per character, 2500 crowns each elixir bought. As Wizard101 is way more popular than pirate101 and it will be very effective, plus the bonus of the organization of the friends list with who was active last and such

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
BrandBrandPowers12... on Jan 28, 2019 wrote:
Just like in pirate101, we should have a friends list expansion elixir, maximum of two per character, 2500 crowns each elixir bought. As Wizard101 is way more popular than pirate101 and it will be very effective, plus the bonus of the organization of the friends list with who was active last and such
I think our friend list should be unlimited for all players free of charge...this is why...

1. It's an MMO - connections/friends directly relate to the enjoyment and experience.

2. We don't have guilds - I have no issue with this, but in other games being part of a guild instantly connects you to hundreds of other players without the need for individual connections.

3. Returning players frequently express sadness and disappointment because their friends removed them because active players must prioritise connection with active players. Many returning players log back out without making a purchase because the people who mattered to them are no longer part of their experience.

4. Lots of players feel sad when they realise someone has removed them. It feels personal when in reality it can be practical because the list is limited. That doesn't lessen the loss to the removed player though.

5. New players frequently express frustration at the difficulty of making friends because established players won't waste a precious friend space on their list for someone they don't know who is likely to only ever need help rather than give help, especially when the cost is removal of an established friend and ally!

6. We can't trade, gift, or even port to someone who is not a friend...why would anyone remove a friend to add someone they don't know just to be able to help them?

7. Even when we juggle our friend list so we can add someone to help them, we promptly remove them to reconnect with the friend...we'd happily help more/longer, but not at such a high price!

I think having a limitation on how many friends/connections we can have is poorly thought out. I know people who would have come back if players were not having to delete inactive players to add active ones! I am 100% sure having a limited friend list costs KI customers...which is why KI should GIVE us all the ability to connect freely without restriction.

Explorer
Jun 01, 2014
Excellent point but i dunno about the unlimited friends because my game just freezes just plainly trying to open the “all friends” inside the friends list everytime

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
BrandBrandPowers12... on Feb 9, 2019 wrote:
Excellent point but i dunno about the unlimited friends because my game just freezes just plainly trying to open the “all friends” inside the friends list everytime
I've not experienced that problem or heard anyone else mention it.

I'm a bit confused that you've suggested extending the friend list using crowns but then said yours can't cope with the number you already have so don't want it extended too much. If it's not working as it is, why would you extend it at all? Why ask for a longer list and more complex ways to sort it instead of asking for it to be fixed because yours is not working?