Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire needs an accuracy buff to their gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2016
I've noticed, especially around level 100 that Fire struggles to get 100% and have above 90% accuracy while other schools are able to, even storm can reach 100% accuracy for their spells that are 70% with gear other than just Mali gear, the main problem is the robe for fire, its accuracy is exceptionally low if you compared it with Storm and Myth's Mali robe. storm and myth can exceed at least 2-3% extra accuracy yet fire struggles to even reach 100% accuracy with theirs, and when you have to socket an accuracy jewel, your pips will have to suffer for it, yet storm doesn't have much of a problem.

Why is Fire's accuracy robe lower than Myth? it should be at most 4% lower than storms bonus accuracy.
My setup for each school:

Fire: 26% Bonus accuracy (Still a chance to fizzle spells with 70% base accuracy but at least pips are over 100)
Myth: 29% Bonus Accuracy (Can't fizzle and 100+ pip chance)
Storm: 36% Bonus Accuracy (Same as Myth)

Hard to get off damage when you can't get the pips or power through as well as the other schools can, its a small difference but not very fair.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
Balancing schools and their gear is very tricky business.

Short answer; if you make one schools gear the same as another, why not just play as the stronger school? Storm hits hard, more accurate, and 100+ pip.

Obviously Fire has its own playstyle which is why people use it, but those differences that a prevalent at the beginning of the game can easily be diminished by end game gear if all that gear is the same.

Should the accuracy robes be buffed? Maybe. But we need to look at more than just keeping up with other school stats.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2016
SweetJP on Jan 29, 2019 wrote:
Balancing schools and their gear is very tricky business.

Short answer; if you make one schools gear the same as another, why not just play as the stronger school? Storm hits hard, more accurate, and 100+ pip.

Obviously Fire has its own playstyle which is why people use it, but those differences that a prevalent at the beginning of the game can easily be diminished by end game gear if all that gear is the same.

Should the accuracy robes be buffed? Maybe. But we need to look at more than just keeping up with other school stats.
Yeah, but how can it even use its own play style when It has the highest chance to fizzle out of all the schools?

All I wanted is fire to have their accuracy buffed a little, cause It doesn't feel very good when you're relied on as a hitter yet you also have a chance to fizzle, it may be a small chance but eventually It will happen enough to tilt you.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Add some jewels if you have something with a triangle slot, that or weigh what you care about more and sacrifice a little of another stat for something with more accuracy. supplementing with aura's, accuracy tc's or flat out training the lower level sun school accuracy spell is also a thing you can do.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Jewels and pet talents are great tools for improving accuracy. Infallible is another option. Every school has strengths and weaknesses we have to balance. Storm gains a bit on accuracy, but suffers on health and resist. There are always trade-offs.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
AaronDrakeHammer on Jan 27, 2019 wrote:
I've noticed, especially around level 100 that Fire struggles to get 100% and have above 90% accuracy while other schools are able to, even storm can reach 100% accuracy for their spells that are 70% with gear other than just Mali gear, the main problem is the robe for fire, its accuracy is exceptionally low if you compared it with Storm and Myth's Mali robe. storm and myth can exceed at least 2-3% extra accuracy yet fire struggles to even reach 100% accuracy with theirs, and when you have to socket an accuracy jewel, your pips will have to suffer for it, yet storm doesn't have much of a problem.

Why is Fire's accuracy robe lower than Myth? it should be at most 4% lower than storms bonus accuracy.
My setup for each school:

Fire: 26% Bonus accuracy (Still a chance to fizzle spells with 70% base accuracy but at least pips are over 100)
Myth: 29% Bonus Accuracy (Can't fizzle and 100+ pip chance)
Storm: 36% Bonus Accuracy (Same as Myth)

Hard to get off damage when you can't get the pips or power through as well as the other schools can, its a small difference but not very fair.
Not exactly. Having say 96% accuracy does not mean you will fizzle 4/100 times. Besides, you are bound to pick up a few accuracy jewels around the way. Same with power pips. As for the not very fair part, life isn’t fair. However, I feel that this is far from not fair, and as far as the accuracy being “exceptionally low,” the accuracy is just fine the way it is.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
Keep in mind that fire damage spells is higher than many others. Some people even view fire as the “advanced storm.” They have to balance out the damage with other stats. Remember Morganthe? She “died” because she couldn’t balance out her power. Just keep that in mind.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Eric ThunderCrafte... on Feb 1, 2019 wrote:
Keep in mind that fire damage spells is higher than many others. Some people even view fire as the “advanced storm.” They have to balance out the damage with other stats. Remember Morganthe? She “died” because she couldn’t balance out her power. Just keep that in mind.
Brb, switching to my healing setup and immediately falling into space because my damage stat isn't high enough.

OT: From the looks of things, you should be able to achieve 30% Fire Accuracy with the Darkmoor Robe (18%) and a 12% Accuracy Ruby a few levels later on. And that's about the time you'll start equipping Fire gear that gives more damage than similar Storm gear. It's going to get even stranger.

Also, a quick shoutout to Ice wizards out there. They're more likely to use the Rattlebones Exalted Robe instead, which has a whopping 8% Accuracy. They can't even fix that with just one Accuracy jewel.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
Torpzun26 on Feb 1, 2019 wrote:
Brb, switching to my healing setup and immediately falling into space because my damage stat isn't high enough.

OT: From the looks of things, you should be able to achieve 30% Fire Accuracy with the Darkmoor Robe (18%) and a 12% Accuracy Ruby a few levels later on. And that's about the time you'll start equipping Fire gear that gives more damage than similar Storm gear. It's going to get even stranger.

Also, a quick shoutout to Ice wizards out there. They're more likely to use the Rattlebones Exalted Robe instead, which has a whopping 8% Accuracy. They can't even fix that with just one Accuracy jewel.
FYI: Ice doesn’t need that much extra accuracy, they have 85% accuracy already. With a 9% jewel and their rattlebones robe they already have 100% accuracy rate.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
Torpzun26 on Feb 1, 2019 wrote:

That is actually incorrect. With a 9% accuracy jewel and 8% robe accuracy they already have 102% accuracy because of the 85% base accuracy.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Eric ThunderCrafte... on Feb 3, 2019 wrote:
That is actually incorrect. With a 9% accuracy jewel and 8% robe accuracy they already have 102% accuracy because of the 85% base accuracy.
Ice's base accuracy is 80%. not 85%. Death and Balance have 85% accuracy. With those two sources of accuracy Ice would only have 97%. They can achieve 100% accuracy for most of their spells with just a 12% jewel and the robe, but they'll need another source of accuracy for their 75% accuracy spells.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2016
I have Jewels for accuracy of course, but other schools are able to get 100% accuracy and pip chance but for fire I actually need to socket for 100% accuracy for the 70% spells but it also means I have to I lose out on 100% pip chance.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Ok, so after looking at Fire's gear for around Exalted level for a more detailed response, I found a way to get perfect accuracy and pip chance.

Darkmoor robe: 18% accuracy
Darkmoor shoes: 5% accuracy
Darkmoor athame: 2% accuracy

Base power pip chance: 40%

Darkmoor hat: 10% pip chance
Darkmoor robe: 9% pip chance
Darkmoor shoes: 8% pip chance
Darkmoor athame: 16% pip chance

Darkmoor ring: 17% pip chance

This will bring you to 25% accuracy and 100% pip chance, and doesn't even use any jewels. Of course, you're going to want to use a jewel for the last 5% accuracy, but it currently isn't being taken up otherwise by this setup. This also leaves you with an open triangle jewel slot since you're just using one.

This doesn't work quite as well with the Alpha and Omega ring, which gives 14% pip chance instead. You would have to use your other jewel slot for pip chance if you want to continue using that ring, but I prefer the Darkmoor one in my opinion. It gives more damage and keeps your second triangle slot open, and the missing universal block isn't really missed since critical block is just really difficult to keep at an adequate percent at higher levels. You're still gonna get crit on all the time even with the extra 30 block.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
Torpzun26 on Feb 6, 2019 wrote:
Ok, so after looking at Fire's gear for around Exalted level for a more detailed response, I found a way to get perfect accuracy and pip chance.

Darkmoor robe: 18% accuracy
Darkmoor shoes: 5% accuracy
Darkmoor athame: 2% accuracy

Base power pip chance: 40%

Darkmoor hat: 10% pip chance
Darkmoor robe: 9% pip chance
Darkmoor shoes: 8% pip chance
Darkmoor athame: 16% pip chance

Darkmoor ring: 17% pip chance

This will bring you to 25% accuracy and 100% pip chance, and doesn't even use any jewels. Of course, you're going to want to use a jewel for the last 5% accuracy, but it currently isn't being taken up otherwise by this setup. This also leaves you with an open triangle jewel slot since you're just using one.

This doesn't work quite as well with the Alpha and Omega ring, which gives 14% pip chance instead. You would have to use your other jewel slot for pip chance if you want to continue using that ring, but I prefer the Darkmoor one in my opinion. It gives more damage and keeps your second triangle slot open, and the missing universal block isn't really missed since critical block is just really difficult to keep at an adequate percent at higher levels. You're still gonna get crit on all the time even with the extra 30 block.
I have 36% fire accuracy...