Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestions on Polymorph Change

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 17, 2018
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the polymorph, and the idea of temporarily changing your element in order to change your role in a battle, but I do have some issues with the way that it works, because it sets your player much farther back than they should be.

In my personal opinion, a polymorph shouldn't affect your gear at all, but rather your base stats (as that makes sense). Your Base health being lowered provides less of an issue, because your gear already boosts your health anyway. Your power pip chance being lowered provides less of an issue, because your gear boost your power pip chance. All a polymorph should do is change base stats, your school, and the cards in your hand for a few rounds. This would make it so that any player could use them without feeling like they are sacrificing everything in order to fulfill a different role.

The school polymorphs are really cool ideas. Unfortunately, they fall far behind and school moves because they require you to sacrifice stability during battle just to do a different job.

Balancing your gear to be effective with polymorphs would also provide a new and fun challenge to any players looking to use polymorphs regularly.

Evan Starshield (Level 80 Archmage Sorcerer)

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
evdport1 on Jan 21, 2019 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the polymorph, and the idea of temporarily changing your element in order to change your role in a battle, but I do have some issues with the way that it works, because it sets your player much farther back than they should be.

In my personal opinion, a polymorph shouldn't affect your gear at all, but rather your base stats (as that makes sense). Your Base health being lowered provides less of an issue, because your gear already boosts your health anyway. Your power pip chance being lowered provides less of an issue, because your gear boost your power pip chance. All a polymorph should do is change base stats, your school, and the cards in your hand for a few rounds. This would make it so that any player could use them without feeling like they are sacrificing everything in order to fulfill a different role.

The school polymorphs are really cool ideas. Unfortunately, they fall far behind and school moves because they require you to sacrifice stability during battle just to do a different job.

Balancing your gear to be effective with polymorphs would also provide a new and fun challenge to any players looking to use polymorphs regularly.

Evan Starshield (Level 80 Archmage Sorcerer)
This is a great idea! Creating more (viable) split school gear sets to go along with polymorph would also be good.