Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening bug - at least in Farm House

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I just did my gardens in the Farm House - on Brittany -

My plant icon showed wilting and in the end it did show healthy - so as long as someone notices that they're good.

First did the pests in the Potatoes then did the pests in the EMPs.

At which point all icons for further needs disappeared over both garden beds. (They had needed all "needs" met for each seed type)

If I hadn't been paying attention I might have just left and come back to dying plants next time.

As it was I knew better and just tried bees - after I cast that spell the icons on the peas reappeared. I did them all and went to the potatoes and after I tried water it's music icon reappeared too.

Might not be a big deal but could cause some uproar in the coming days if people weren't paying attention - also it did use my energy as expected.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Helenie Nightseer on Jan 20, 2019 wrote:
I just did my gardens in the Farm House - on Brittany -

My plant icon showed wilting and in the end it did show healthy - so as long as someone notices that they're good.

First did the pests in the Potatoes then did the pests in the EMPs.

At which point all icons for further needs disappeared over both garden beds. (They had needed all "needs" met for each seed type)

If I hadn't been paying attention I might have just left and come back to dying plants next time.

As it was I knew better and just tried bees - after I cast that spell the icons on the peas reappeared. I did them all and went to the potatoes and after I tried water it's music icon reappeared too.

Might not be a big deal but could cause some uproar in the coming days if people weren't paying attention - also it did use my energy as expected.
I've had the occasional visual glitch when gardening for as long as I've played. I don't know if it is a new glitch or happening more often than before, I haven't noticed it happening more often on mine but it could be I'm not noticing it.

I think it is always useful to have an idea of what we're expecting before we go into the garden so we know we have enough energy for the needs that might present themselves. If we go in and expect full needs but they're not showing, it's advisable to leave the area and come back so it can update visually. Needs will present to a schedule and there is no lucky skips of them...if you expect them to have needs but none show, trigger them again so you can deal with them. Even if they didn't show they're there! If we leave them the plants may wilt...the game doesn't excuse us because they glitched out and were invisible!

Going out of the area and back in also prevents the gardening freeze up from happening when we cast our spells, so it can be worth crafting some teleporters and putting them near our plants for easy exit and return