Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Going to ask what is probably a dumb question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2017
How do I actually draw my gold cards? I put them in the five spots in my deck but never seem to draw them. I am in some underwater town in wizard city and getting pummled so I thought using all these gold cards might help me. I may just forget it and goto krockotopia, but I want to finish wizard city before I move off. Is this like the death area near the collapsed death school? You need a team of four?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
The only dumb question is the one that never gets asked.

How to use Treasure Cards:

The First thing you need to do is to right click one or more of the spells you were dealt. This removes the spell from your hand.

Now the "DRAW" button is highlighted instead of being grayed out. Click it. You should now have one of your treasure cards in your playable hand.

Yes, Crab Alley can be a challenge for lower level wizards. It can be soloed before you go to Krokotopia, but I would make the last thing you do before going to Krokotopia.

You did not say what school you are nor what level your wizard is, but some schools have an easier time in Crab Alley than others and the higher your level the easier a time you will have.

Hope this helps

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Malisalara on Jan 14, 2019 wrote:
How do I actually draw my gold cards? I put them in the five spots in my deck but never seem to draw them. I am in some underwater town in wizard city and getting pummled so I thought using all these gold cards might help me. I may just forget it and goto krockotopia, but I want to finish wizard city before I move off. Is this like the death area near the collapsed death school? You need a team of four?
That's a BRILLIANT question and lots of new players will be glad you asked it!

Golden cards are known as 'treasure cards', shortened to 'TC'. We can get them as drops from creatures we defeat, from chests we open as we run about, from harvesting seeds etc...lots of places! We can also get them as quest rewards and also buy them from vendors around the Spiral. We can buy and sell most treasure cards in the Bazaar too. Buying treasure cards in the Bazaar can be cheaper than from vendors, but at vendors they have unlimited stocks

Treasure cards are One-Time-Use...once we successfully cast the spell in battle the card will vanish. Each wizard can hold up to 999 treasure cards at a time, not including any we have in our decks. We can also trade treasure cards with wizards on our friends list...we need to be in the same area as they are to be able to open the trade page.

Using treasure cards is simple:

1. Add the treasure cards to the small section of your deck by clicking on the golden card symbol (top left).
2. When in battle we get 7 cards from our main deck. To pull a treasure card we need to make space. Right click on a card to discard it, then click 'draw'. A treasure card will fill the space!
3. Now you can use it just like any other card...but remember to replace it before the next battle!

Note that once you draw a TC into your hand you will not be able to discard it during the same round of spell selection. The following round you will be able to discard (right click) and it will go back into your deck for your next battle and you can either draw another TC to fill the space or wait for it to be filled with a deck spell on the next round. Unless we've used/discarded them all, deck spells will always fill spaces left empty so we start each round with 7 spells to choose from.

I hope this helps!

Explorer
Jul 20, 2018
Probably repeating what others are saying, but:
1. It's not a "stupid" question. What would be "stupid" would be not asking for help at all!
2. To use treasure cards simply add them to your sideboard (the section of deck management for TCs) before going into battle. Then right click on one of the regular cards in your hand and select the "Draw" button and one of the cards will join the fight!

If you have other questions, don't be afraid to ask here!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
As I noted on one of your earlier threads, no question is not a dumb question here on the message boards.

So please, feel free to post any question you may have.

About your issue. These "Gold Cards" are referred to as Treasure Cards. You have to discard a one of your own spells (by clicking right mouse button on said card) during battle. The "Draw" option will then be highlighted where yo can now draw these Treasure Cards.

Also note:

• Treasure Cards are one-time use only, once you use it in battle, it disappears forever.
  • If a Treasure Card fizzles, it returns to your side deck where you will have to discard again to draw it.
  • Drawing Treasure Cards are completely random, much like how your regular deck works.
  • The more cards you discard, the more treasure cards you can draw for that turn.

The underwater area based on your description you seem to refer to is Sunken City in Nightside, right?
Try teaming up (the option will be displayed outside the sigil) as the area can be quite difficult for lower levels to complete solo.

You can also move on to Krokotopia, gain a few levels and return.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
You men Treasure Cards? In between the Pass and Flee buttons is a button that says "Draw". If you click on that, and have discarded at least one card, you'll draw a Treasure Card.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2017
I don't think it is sunken city off the death school, you get to it by going down a rope in triton alley / street The monsters are life so I am guessing they will resist my spells, making my allready weak damage weaker.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Malisalara on Jan 17, 2019 wrote:
I don't think it is sunken city off the death school, you get to it by going down a rope in triton alley / street The monsters are life so I am guessing they will resist my spells, making my allready weak damage weaker.
That's Crab Alley

Since we're talking about treasure cards there are a few that might be especially helpful to you (now or in the near future) and you can buy them from the bazaar.

Infallible (Astral Spells) - This costs zero pips so you can still save pips for your hit. It gives you 20% accuracy and 20% pierce for 4 rounds. Any hit you use will go right through (pierce) up to 20% resist, whether it is natural resist or shields the first 20% is completely mitigated (eg a tower shield will go from 50% resist to 30%; a legion shield will go from 20% to 0%). It pierces natural resist too

Monstrous (Astral Spells) - Draw this enchant from your treasure cards and combine it with your hit card to add 175 extra damage! It doesn't cost you any pips. If you don't use the hit that battle it returns to your treasure cards in its new form - as the enchanted hit. Sometimes it is useful to pre-enchant cards so we can draw a TC and get an enchanted card instead of having to find an enchant and a hit card on the same round

Fortify (Astral Spells) - Zero pips, reduces incoming damage by 20% for 4 rounds...handy for when you've got a lot of incoming damage and need to build/save pips for spells.

Lifeblade (Life Spells) - This adds 45% damage to any life hit. It costs zero pips and if you have trained lifeblade they're still useful because they stack (can be added WITH a trained lifeblade and both will work!).

Tower Shield (Ice) - Zero pip shield, reduces next incoming damage by 55%.

Feint (death spells) - Costs 1 pip and adds a 70% trap to your enemy...but also a 20% trap on you. Use when you have high health enemies you need a bigger boost against. Try to cast it just before a hit or when they're pips are low - make sure they don't kill you from your own trap before you get to use the big trap!

I hope this helps and isn't too much info at once! You can always come back to this to check out the links again in a few levels by clicking 'watch topic' at the top of the thread

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I see, it must be Crab Alley you're referring to.

Usually how the mechanic of the game works is that each mob will always display at least a 30% resists to incoming spells of their own school.

Bosses usually have an 80%.

This is where we use spells known as prisms or converts. Converts changes the damage to the opposite school.

In your case the Life Prism will convert damage to .

You learn this spell after finishing Wizard City, but as you've just learn above, you can use Treasure Card Variants if the case becomes too dire.

But the mobs down there have relatively low health, so even if they resists your school, a Nature's Wraith coupled with a Leprechaun should be enough to take them down.

Or you can purchase off school treasure cards such as Sunbird or Banshee to use.

So you see, you've many options here.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Yeah, Crab Alley.

Crab Alley is not an easy place for a Life Wizard. Hence my suggestion of tackling it at a higher level.

It's not main story quest and can actually wait until you have a few more powerful hits in your deck.

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Malisalara on Jan 17, 2019 wrote:
Does that mean you're Life? If you're looking for a type advantage, use Death Treasure Cards.

You'll probably ask, "What are Type Advantages?" Well, if the spell you're casting is a Death spell, it will do extra damage. Life and Death spells are stronger against each other. Same with Fire and Ice, and Myth and Storm.

I'm going to echo everyone here, there is NO SUCH THING as a dumb question here. Strike the word "dumb" from your mind; We're always happy to help!

Survivor
Apr 13, 2012
Ok so this question if probably dumb too but when you submit a ticket or email thing on the KI website and they give you a follow up number, where would i use that, or where would i see a reply if they even reply back

Administrator
wizard1018174 on Feb 19, 2019 wrote:
Ok so this question if probably dumb too but when you submit a ticket or email thing on the KI website and they give you a follow up number, where would i use that, or where would i see a reply if they even reply back
Hi Wizard! That ticket # is just for reference, should you need to reach out to us about the question. To continue any support requests, just reply to the existing email and you won't need that number.

Hope this helps!