Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 1-11-19

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Helenie Nightseer on Jan 14, 2019 wrote:
I put an idea on the Dorms yesterday that kind of touches on this. I asked for elixirs or online cards that would let us roll back a characters age so we could start the game over - either just a character we haven't played in so long we wish we could do all the quests over again. OR the other would let you basically create a new character but not have to do all the trading and shuffling and extra castle elixirs involved with Deleting a character.

Sadly, even though the second option would let you gain an Ice character- you'd still lose the one you put the Glamour potion on. I've read tgat KI literally can't give us a 7th slot. Idk if it's true but it kind of makes sense. Balance came in a long time ago and it seems logical to add a 7th character. I think it would have been in tgat very update if it was reasonable from the mechanics side.

But it occurs to me just now- if the details in my post are actually doable- it would mean there could be something separate- just like the Balance school and Arcanum. I keep thinking of the Nintendo puck that let the Amiibos work w the old console. Dongal?

Anyway- I wonder if in future there could be a scenario and dynamic created that gives us a second scool room. Shared banks connected - same login - screen but a toggle switch for classroom 1 or classroom 2.

This is the thread about Youthening & Glamouring potions

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/can-we-please-have-a-youthening-potion-8ad6a42b680de99501683e3f577f55cc?page=1
numerous times over and over people have said they want the 7th slot now i personally think if ki says "they dont" that means they dont wanna take a chance to lose money going through with it i honestly dont think they would, as for the people with 2 accounts i doubt they would just up and stop playing on their second account theres some people how there who prefer to quest with their second account rather than quest with people who are in a few words unresponsive, demanding, rude and spiteful people, i really do believe ki wants to get us the 7th slot im just more than sure that they are uncertain on the aftermath of what could or would happen if they finally do, i do have a second account but it mainly for self tc trading since its impossible to trade tc with ourselves anyways i think that the 7th spot will be a reality and hopefully this year with a good bit of people asking/demanding for it.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I don't have just one thing. i have a list.

* Open up all Wizard City free-to-play; possibly Krokotopia.
* Allow players to put TC in Shared Bank.
* Allow players to trade reagents
* Extend Shared Bank space
* Add the 7th Wizard charactor slot to the game
* Add the level indicator so the wizard's level is shown during Team-up mode
* Add Teleport Hub Station in Wizard City
* Change 1 and 7 day mount timer so the countdown stops when you logoff your charactor
* Change "Wings Of Fate" to non-DOT and possibly with a damage/heal buff so the spell is more useful in a team that likes casting Feints.
* Change "Scion Of Life" to heal all not just one person so it's not a repeat to "Dryad"
* Add a trainable or craftable lower pip (4 or 5) AOE spell for Life wizards to increase it's survival rating while going solo in lower levels
* Make Pigsie TC craftable or increase the drop rate
* Add trainable or craftable AOE Myth spell between level 58 and 100 to increase it's survival rating while going solo

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
One more suggestion. Add "OFF" to the Victory Dance Feature. I rather not dance after each battle.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I forgot to mention: Please add Shadow blade, shadow trap and shield as a trainable spell

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I'd really LOVE more hatch timers and for all timers to reset when we level up!

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Patrick Ravenbane on Jan 17, 2019 wrote:
I don't have just one thing. i have a list.

* Open up all Wizard City free-to-play; possibly Krokotopia.
* Allow players to put TC in Shared Bank.
* Allow players to trade reagents
* Extend Shared Bank space
* Add the 7th Wizard charactor slot to the game
* Add the level indicator so the wizard's level is shown during Team-up mode
* Add Teleport Hub Station in Wizard City
* Change 1 and 7 day mount timer so the countdown stops when you logoff your charactor
* Change "Wings Of Fate" to non-DOT and possibly with a damage/heal buff so the spell is more useful in a team that likes casting Feints.
* Change "Scion Of Life" to heal all not just one person so it's not a repeat to "Dryad"
* Add a trainable or craftable lower pip (4 or 5) AOE spell for Life wizards to increase it's survival rating while going solo in lower levels
* Make Pigsie TC craftable or increase the drop rate
* Add trainable or craftable AOE Myth spell between level 58 and 100 to increase it's survival rating while going solo
Love all of those idea patrick.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
You know, there are many singular target & A.O.E. spells that could do with major streamlining, like how it was done with the 1st Death School spell with Shadow Pips, along with the D.O.T. spells in need of MAJOR streamlining. Seriously. They should. I'm not just talking about Storm Lord, Fire Dragon, Ra, or even Glowbug Squall. Yes. I am talking about plenty.

Here's this, for instance, instead of a particular school's spell's stacked D.O.T.s doing damage/heals one upon another at a time, have all D.O.T.s stacked from the same school's spell inflict damage/heals at once, no matter whose spells they cast, to shed many seconds off. All that waiting time really needs grinding down, if you know what I mean, Professor Falmea.

Those spells & even their animations should all really be streamlined. Same goes for the Traps & Wards, by the way. Please do so.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2015
Heya! Okay, so I have a small list of short requests, some of which are repeats of other posts on this thread. I'm going to make a second post afterwards about my thoughts on this whole "better pet hatching" thing.
-Firstly, a 7th character slot. Obviously. Come on, you say you can't. It's your game, you can do whatever you want if you put the work into it.
-Arcanum Apartment, and the Mirage Apartments! Why in Raven's name aren't these able to be published to Castle Tours? Is it because you don't want lower level characters to have access to Arcanum and Mirage? Turn off those exit doors on tours! It's an easy concept.
-Item Trading. Gear, Housing Items, Reagents, anything that *does not* have a "crowns only" marker
-We have statues craftable for the 7 main school Arcanum Scholars, but none for Velma Von Venkmen, and Qyburn Stellargaze. Why exactly arent they also avail?
-Make skeleton keys craftable, OR purchaseable for crowns.
-Change the Level 50 elixir slightly. One can power-level with dungeons in Celestia, Mirage, and Empyrea to Level 50 and still be on Krokotopia. Have no characters on Celestia, and skip a character there. Make it level related, AND quest related. Two requirements, not one.
-Add a Level 100 elixir with the same double-requirement.
-Did I mention item trading?
-Here's my favorite idea on this list: Certain monstrology-extractable enemies should get a "create mount" option. The most obvious are Avalon's Wyrms, but I'm sure there are other possibilities.
-Extract Construct, Elemental, and Shadow Creature Animus Spells.
-Add second chance chests to Skeleton Key bosses, with a twist - Make them cost crowns, AND a skeleton key per roll. So you can't use crowns to avoid using keys.
-There's a little trick (KI, you know what I mean But I'm pretty sure you want it kept a secret.) to use the enemy-versions of Shadow Transformations. Add trickster!

Okay! That's my list. Now for the promised pet post, as i'm at the character limit. Hope you enjoyed!

Survivor
Jul 23, 2015
Okay, so I don't know which post will be approved and posted first, this or my last one. I made a list in response, and in it, promised my thoughts on this whole "better pet hatching" thing. So here goes.

I do NOT think we should be able to see the talents on a pet ahead of time. Not all of them, for any amount of crowns. However, there are other ways to balance the RNG of the whole thing. I'm thinking in the Kiosk, or in the hatchery, on the page where you pick which pet to hatch, there should be 3 check-boxes with crowns options.

-Option 1: Choose 1 talent that one parent has MANIFESTED (Not just one that is in the pool. One of the 5 that actually SHOWED on the parents.) that will be guaranteed on the offspring. So, if you hatch a Fennec Fox that has Fire Dealer, with a Booloon, you could check this box, and ask to guarantee Fire Dealer on the offspring of the Fox, and Booloon. Only works for one talent per hatch. 1000 crowns.

-Option 2: Choose 1 talent that a parent pet has manifested. Guarantee this talent will NOT show up - However, it can still be in the pool, and can still be passed on to future generations. It will not manifest on that *specific pet*. 750 crowns.

-Option 3: As you know, the stats of a pet (Strength, Will, Agility, etc etc.) is typically an average, somewhere in the middle, of the two parent-pets. So, if one parent has 200 strength, and one has 250, the offspring will likely have around 225. Check this box, pick one stat. Guarantee you match that stat to the parent with the higher number for that stat. So in the example listed above, you could check this box, shell out crowns, and guarantee the offspring matches the second parent's 250 strength, instead of the 225 average. 500 crowns.

Make each option only usable ONCE per hatch, but all 3 can be used in a single hatch. KI makes money, we don't have to hatch over, and over, and over again, because our pets keep failing at Mega. Win-win situation.

Thank you for reading!

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
  • Make leafstorm craftable(i think thats what it is called)
  • Make there be able to have more than one hatching slot
  • Maybe expand on the whole shadow school

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
I would love to have a new PVP podium for Warlords. The only wizards in RANK should be those that are ranking up. Warlords are not ranking up in the Rank podium, they are taking advantage of those of us that want to rank up and lowering our rank. A level 130 Private with 450 points facing a level 120 Warlord with 1200 points is not a fair match. Once you are Warlord with over 1001 points them you go to the Warlord podium and gets your points up.
Even a level 100 Jade Warlord with 1300 points facing a level 130 Knight is not fair. So the Jade has done about 50 win matches, compared to the knight with maybe 12 win matches.
I would also like to see turn base rank added to the ranking, so we have a choice, turn base or regular.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
I would also love to see mount stitching, I like to ride the big cats, but want the stats the ghulture has (he is way to big for me).
I would love to be able to trade items between accounts, I have three accounts and when i buy packs I end up with gear for the wizard on the other account.
I buy the worlds with crowns, would love to have Tournaments reduced in crowns or changed to gold, They are now 849 crowns, that is about 85 cents a tournament. Pvp at 80 crowns a match, that fine with me as well as 240 crowns a day. Buying elixir for the membership benefit also good. I often buy a monthly membership when on sale to PVP, that is $4.99 for a month with unlimited tournaments and rank, compared to doing 5 or so tournaments for the same price.
Maybe sell tournament tickets in the crown shop, like 30 tournaments for 399 crowns. then i would do tournaments on all three of my accounts.

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I would love a way to get rid of worthless pet snacks. I try to buy a lore pack but I can't because it says I have to many pet snacks, so I have to go to the bazaar and buy a lot of junk that I don't want to sell the pet snacks. I then try to buy the lore pack again and it still says I have to many pet snacks. I even put the snacks in my shared bank or bank and it still says I have to many pet snacks. that's what want most changed in the game

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I would like to have trees in ravenwood put in the game to buy, craft, or as a reward from boss drops. My favorite tree is blossom.

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
when you hide yourself from friends, I would like it if we could see who is online at the same time. Right now you have to unhide yourself to see is online.

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
empyrea part 2 , I would love it if you could make it a little easier. I have three wizards and only one wizard could go through it. My storm wizard is the one that made it to the end but I can't do the side quests. There is a boss that has a blade that is one hundred percent and a storm minion. There is no way I can do that and every single fight you go to all the minions go critical. I stopped doing side quests and haven't even put my other wizards in empyrea part two.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2011
Things I would love to see:
  • Being able to change our characters names
  • Trading clothing items with other wizards
  • Somehow adjust the Critical rating better
    Although I understand the change that has happened a few years ago, I just don't think it's the best thing. It was quite unfortunate to lose something that made us stronger
  • Speaking of Critical, I feel our block isn't all that good either, especially with the best gear
  • Letting us re-dye buyable hairstyles from the crown shop

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
i would love to get rid of lag, slow porting, disconnections

the lag is so annoying, especially when choosing an attack to enhance or trying to discard one and search treasure cards

the lag makes wizards miss the first round, especially when waiting for the dialogue to end and rush forward into battle

game performance is the problem for me, i play way less because of it

just one more thing, the drops, please adjust the useless junk dropped at the end of battles, either drop the best of any school or nothing, example, low lvl jewels on lvl 130 wizard is insulting

thanks for asking, and, thanks for listening
bbop

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
Quinn Silvercoin on Jan 11, 2019 wrote:
Perhaps a bank where any overflow gold once you fill your gold bag is deposited? With deposit limits based on your level as follows:

Level 1-50: 5,000,000 gold max.
Level 51-75: 7,500,000 gold max.
Level 76-100: 10,000,000 gold max.
Level 100-125: 15,000,000 gold max.
Level 126-130 (and future levels up to 150): 25,000,000 gold max.

A marketplace similar to the bazaar but you can sell items to other players for gold or items, say similar to the way treasure card trading works, if you are in the same room as your friend you click a button that opens your backpack so you can tradr gear, housing items (excluding castles), seeds, reagants, and pet snacks.

The ability to trade treasure cards across wizards on the same account, perhaps via the shared bank with a max capacity of 500 TC's.

Thank you to the KI staff for reading our suggestions.

-Quinn Silvercoin (Grandmaster Diviner)
As for GOLD, all we need is an item we can buy at the bazaar. Like a GOLD BAR for 100,000 gold and when we sell it we get 100,000 gold for it. You can store the gold bars in a house or back pack or share bank like other housing items.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Warning: This response is going to be excessively detailed and might become multiple replies because I hope Falmea can take this to the team and really analyze it. Grab some popcorn.

I'm going to give a little context about myself before I get into the ideas I have. I've been playing this game for about the last decade, but I haven't seriously played consistently until the last month or so. I stopped playing the game regularly after Avalon was released, but I always kept up with news surrounding the game and the updates that have come out. This game holds a special place in my heart because after all this time, Wizard101 is still the only truly successful MMO Card Game, let alone the fact that it's also essentially the only one. I have played through and up to Azteca (almost finished), and my sister has almost finished Khrysalis. While I haven't experienced anything beyond these worlds, I have stayed informed regarding what comes after. My sister and I have always been focused on PVE. I dabbled a little bit in PVP years ago, but it just wasn't for me. For these reasons, my ideas are only related to PVE, as any advice i could give about PVP would just be ignorant to its current state. I rarely ever use or look at forums for games, but I did some poking around and ended up here.

I apologize in advance to you, Falmea, since I'm about to make a detailed list instead of just stating one thing. I have a lot of commentary I could make about the implementation of packs and various other major functions within the game, but I'm limiting this list to things I believe are minor changes or essential to gameplay.
Minor Changes:
- Create a favorites list for team up so that players don't have to dig through every world tab, instead grouping the dungeons or bosses they care about in an organized place.
- Make seed vaults purchasable with gold. Seeds usually make up a massive amount of storage space for those who garden.
To be continued in part 2 of my post>>>

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Part 2 to my megapost

Minor Changes:
- Gardening spell animations should be shorter or allowed to overlap to speed up the process of checking your plants
- If you are in Team Up with a group, don't allow the group to start the 2 minute queue timer if they are waiting for more people. A voting system could also be created to allow players wait or start the queue timer. My group doesn't like being required to leave and rejoin Team Up in order to wait on more people because the queue automatically starts once there are 2 people (Team Up was one of the most important additions to the game and could use some further development).
- Related to the seed vault, there should be an easier way to store gold. I understand locking inventory increases behind a crown cost, but the sheer amount of seeds and gold players pickup requires some additional space besides crowns items and Empower treasure cards respectively.

Major Changes:
- While the Dance Game in the Pet Pavilion helps to speed up training pets, why can't players just feed pets snacks at the cost of energy instead? This idea is not intended to reduce the days that it takes to hatch pets and train them, but to instead reduce the amount of time players spend using that energy that regenerates on a daily basis. Pet training is a grueling process for the uninitiated with the large number of snacks, gold, and time required, so reducing the physical time a player must spend per day feeding their pets snacks could help bring more people into the pet training world. Pets can already eat furniture anyways!
- I've noticed the way difficulty has risen and fallen over the years, and I think the creation of hardcore mode would help address those who are looking for a greater challenge. What I mean by hardcore mode (this phrasing of the concept is certainly changeable) is creating hardcore versions of key dungeons and bosses, not roaming monsters, to allow people to opt in to difficulty increases.
Post continues in part 3>>>

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Part 3 of my megapost

Major Changes (Continued):
- (Continuing the Hardcore Mode Concept) A hardcore setting would work like Team Up. When a player approaches a sigil, there can be a button or a toggle in options in the spellbook that would opt a player into this mode. Some bosses may just have increased health and a more elaborate spell deck, or have added cheats that they otherwise don't have. This would lead to worlds having optional difficulty spikes during major plot points, instead of entire worlds needing to be completely re-balanced to implement this. Some example locations this could be implemented for include Temple of Storms, all the dungeons in Marleybone (especially Big Ben), Mooshu's Tree of Life, Celestia's Dungeons (would love a hardcore Trial of the Spheres), and The Great Spyre. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love malistaire to regain some of his intensity from a decade ago. There are many more places I could list, but my main point is that this idea could be incrementally applied and reasonable to do instead of buffing and down-scaling content for everyone.
- There are three core aspects to Wizard101's PVE content: Story, Progression, and Loot. We've made it to level 130 and in that time, there have been probably thousands of items have come to exist within the game. While it would be a massive undertaking, I think some of these items should be removed or migrated into other items. Reducing the clutter in the item pool would make it leagues easier for players to find what they are looking for or for players to get drops that are more relevantly useful. I have spent a lot of time combing the wiki trying to identify what gear is worth the time to seek out so that my friends don't waste their time. For example, the dungeons Kembaalung have "3 tiers" of gear (hat, robe, boots, amulet, etc.). Whenever a player gets that worst version of the loot they are looking for, their time was wasted.
Continued in Part 4 (I'm sorry)>>>

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Part 4 of my Megapost (what a journey this has been)

Major Changes (continued):
- (Continuing the loot consolidation topic) Even if that piece of gear is something they could use, the fact that it isn't even a marginal upgrade in a dungeon or boss fight where a player intends to get something useful is a real shame. I'm not advocating for increased drop rates on the most sought after items, but instead asking that players be awarded something other than gold for farming gear in dungeons when they don't get the items they are looking for. I'm also not asking to reduce build variety in anyway. Players shouldn't have to sift through items they deem worthless in the bazaar or get absolutely nothing for spending an hour in a dungeon.
- There are plenty of spell animations that could use a revamp or be sped up. Combat is the core of Wizard101 and some spells just need some love in the form of faster animations or a visual revamp. Some spells that need to be sped up or revamped include sprite, forest lord (sped up or hit all at once), cyclops, humongofrog (hit all at once), ra (love that spell but I'm being thorough, same as frog), Tempest (hit all at once, visuals are good), colossus and its variants (slight speed bump), frost giant and its variant (speed bump), and snow angel (speed again). In summary, all spells that hit all allies or enemies should do so all at once. "Over time" effects should also activate all at once instead of one by one.

I've always loved this game. I just felt like now since I've returned to the game and have a group of friends that I am playing with that, I should give a decade worth of feedback. I apologize for this being in four parts (I should have just sent an email). I'll make sure to keep an eye out for feedback threads like this one in the future to continue giving my detailed analysis. I just wanna see this game improve. If Wizard101 went under, we all know there isn't another game out there that will fill the void.
Thanks for reading :)

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Cat Wildbreeze on Jan 21, 2019 wrote:
As for GOLD, all we need is an item we can buy at the bazaar. Like a GOLD BAR for 100,000 gold and when we sell it we get 100,000 gold for it. You can store the gold bars in a house or back pack or share bank like other housing items.
Now that's a great idea! I like it!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Cat Wildbreeze on Jan 21, 2019 wrote:
or they can just remove the cap. The gold cap always seemed quite silly to me. After a certain point, you literally have to waste gold in order to not get those annoying zeke messages. Perhaps keep the cap yet add on an extra 0 to the end, so instead of 500,000 GP cap, 5,000,000 cap. There is NO gear to buy from the bazaar that is better than dropped/crown gear, buyable pet snacks with gold are MUCH worse than pet snacks that cant be sold because they're mega snacks, and the rarity of certain reagents will still keep that in check. What else is left for gold to buy that would be upended if they dropped the cap? Pets are still locked by a single timer, so that would be in check too. So, again I ask, what's left?