Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

challege/single mode

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2017
I think there should be a mode in which when a monster goes near an ongoing battle it will not dissappear,
instead it will join the fight if there is room (like where previus monsters defeated, and the max is 4 monsters even for a single wizard) or just turn around. this way the challenge will be to clear the area. (new monster won't show up).

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
whitearmor6 on Jan 6, 2019 wrote:
I think there should be a mode in which when a monster goes near an ongoing battle it will not dissappear,
instead it will join the fight if there is room (like where previus monsters defeated, and the max is 4 monsters even for a single wizard) or just turn around. this way the challenge will be to clear the area. (new monster won't show up).
ToonTown used to do that, where up to 4 bad guys could join a battle, and if any of them were destroyed, then more could join. It was random on if one would join or not, and thankfully it didn't happen too often, but when it did, it would sometimes have you killing half a dozen or more (sometimes even a dozen) bad guys, when you only wanted one or two of them.

I can tell you right now, this is something that would frustrate a lot of people, especially people who are trying to finish a quest before they have to sign out to deal with "real life," and having multiple creatures join the battle just because there is an empty spot would cause a lot of rage-quitting from not being able to get something done, and thus having wasted their time.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
whitearmor6 on Jan 6, 2019 wrote:
I'm not sure I'd want it quite that extreme but it would be cool if we could choose to allow the full 4 monsters to join regardless of whether we are in a team or not...it would make those collect quests or farming mobs much quicker and more efficient

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I wouldnt mind this option if it was able to be turned on/off, AND our loot drop factored in how many enemies you defeated. So, if I am farming for an item from a mob, and I wind up killing 10 of them, I should get 10 times the items/xp/gold. If we do fight more monsters before the end of the fight, then the chances of the rare drops should be higher as well. As a side note, I somehow am envisioning the infamous Cow Level from Diablo 2 :) It could be FUN in certain circumstances, but the rewards had better be worth it (as mentioned above).

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
just curious, how do you envision this battle ending, if monsters join whenever there is an empty spot? You must use an attack-all spell that kills all just at a moment when no monsters are nearby, is that it?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
ChicoValerian on Jan 8, 2019 wrote:
just curious, how do you envision this battle ending, if monsters join whenever there is an empty spot? You must use an attack-all spell that kills all just at a moment when no monsters are nearby, is that it?
Good Question.

I envision a little lamb pet that sings this song through the whole battle...

This is the fight that does not end
It just goes on and on my friend
I started out this battle at quarter after two

And I'll continue fighting until my face turns blue (Return to beginning and repeat)

The Ghoststalker Bros.
Steven 130
Christopher 35

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
OHK once the circle is full. The monsters would only "renew" if there was an empty slot. So, if you have 3 in the circle, and you kill 1, potentially, 2 more could join. Once you have 4 monsters, no more could join and then you just OHK and be done with it. The REAL question is, IF this is implemented, and you OHK, each monster dies separately (except when using Khrullu), can another one join now because monster #1 is dead and not visible? As long as they make it work so that monsters who die on the current round can't be replaced until the start of the next round, we're good. it's the same thing if you kill 3 of 4 monster, and the same round, #4 casts a healing spell, it brings back one of the ones JUST killed, but if they cast heal on the NEXT round, it wont affect the one that just died.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Low level battles would become harder than high level because they'd never progress past their lost souls in Unicorn Way. Life wizards would be doomed since they don't get their multi-hit until level 58 but let's face it, most battles would only end when the wizard runs out of cards and has to flee!

Being able to toggle on/off the number of enemies, allowing 4 to join when ordinarily it would only be 2, would be useful for farming and collect quests though

Survivor
Sep 12, 2017
the thing is that there will be no new monsters in that area, so you only need to defeat the monsters walking around when you reached the area, in most cases I've seen so far it's something like 6-8 monsters so it is not endless

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
I see. So I have to one hit kill all. hmm.

so when you are in a open area match with a roving boss and some regular mobs, how do you kill the boss, you can't kill all the minions and focus attack on him, I guess you have to have a one-hit attack-all spell that is strong enough to kill the roving boss.

I for one am not super-enthusiastic about this idea. If I need to kill a bunch of mobs, I just join two or three battles with them and get the job done, that works fine for me.