Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Burning Rampage

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
Something needs to be done bout this spell. Lets start with the fact that apparently you can get the spell at LEVEL ONE!!! That is flat out ridiculous that a spell only accessible in a level 70 and above world can be received at level one.

I like to do low level pvp and came across someone today who was commander rank and might I add not even a fire wizard but another school completely. Seeing the typical burning rampage set up I did my best to counter it and failed. While I don't consider rampage even close to fair on any level of pvp (I do max as well it's not used as often there but is still way more effective than it should be) I was just going to let it go as someone who can't be bothered to put a real strategy together. Then I checked their level after the match.

There is no way on earth a level 1 wizard should be a commander with full commander gear, meaning they've been winning tourneys doing this too or no way would they have enough tickets to get the gear without being warlord ranked. While I applaud whoever this is for not boosting I still think this is a problem that should be taken care of.

I find it very deplorable to fight like that it's not sportsman like for an opponent to think they are going up against someone around their level only to find out gear or no, one hit would have killed their opponent because they are level one and basically use deception to win matches. And yes being a commander at level one is a very big deception because it shouldn't be possible. No one who pvps on a regular basis would believe there is one that honestly is commander through winning, since boosters are supposed to be taken care of when found.

Burning rampage needs a major nerf or to be made so that it can only be gotten after your wizard has reached a certain level. It's unfair to everyone in the pvp arena who like to pvp lower than max level as if you aren't going first there is almost zero way to counter it. The only way I know of is a shift tc card or triage which not only is rare at low level but again if you go second has to be timed perfectly for the counter to work, which doesn't happen often.

Plus the drop rate on this spell has been proven to get worse the higher up in level your wizard is. By the time the spell came out my fire wiz was already doomed to never get it. I should not have to see a bunch of level 1-15 fire (or other schools who want the lazy path to warlord) wizards easily get this spell in an hour of farming while my max has literally been trying since the day the dungeon came out in live realm years ago.

I beg KI to please do something about the many, many problems with this spell, from its drop rate to the fact that its damage is so OP and being abused in lower level pvp.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Luvdogs99 on Jan 2, 2019 wrote:
Something needs to be done bout this spell. Lets start with the fact that apparently you can get the spell at LEVEL ONE!!! That is flat out ridiculous that a spell only accessible in a level 70 and above world can be received at level one.

I like to do low level pvp and came across someone today who was commander rank and might I add not even a fire wizard but another school completely. Seeing the typical burning rampage set up I did my best to counter it and failed. While I don't consider rampage even close to fair on any level of pvp (I do max as well it's not used as often there but is still way more effective than it should be) I was just going to let it go as someone who can't be bothered to put a real strategy together. Then I checked their level after the match.

There is no way on earth a level 1 wizard should be a commander with full commander gear, meaning they've been winning tourneys doing this too or no way would they have enough tickets to get the gear without being warlord ranked. While I applaud whoever this is for not boosting I still think this is a problem that should be taken care of.

I find it very deplorable to fight like that it's not sportsman like for an opponent to think they are going up against someone around their level only to find out gear or no, one hit would have killed their opponent because they are level one and basically use deception to win matches. And yes being a commander at level one is a very big deception because it shouldn't be possible. No one who pvps on a regular basis would believe there is one that honestly is commander through winning, since boosters are supposed to be taken care of when found.

Burning rampage needs a major nerf or to be made so that it can only be gotten after your wizard has reached a certain level. It's unfair to everyone in the pvp arena who like to pvp lower than max level as if you aren't going first there is almost zero way to counter it. The only way I know of is a shift tc card or triage which not only is rare at low level but again if you go second has to be timed perfectly for the counter to work, which doesn't happen often.

Plus the drop rate on this spell has been proven to get worse the higher up in level your wizard is. By the time the spell came out my fire wiz was already doomed to never get it. I should not have to see a bunch of level 1-15 fire (or other schools who want the lazy path to warlord) wizards easily get this spell in an hour of farming while my max has literally been trying since the day the dungeon came out in live realm years ago.

I beg KI to please do something about the many, many problems with this spell, from its drop rate to the fact that its damage is so OP and being abused in lower level pvp.
It looks like for every rant you come up with I just notice its either because your losing against these types of players a lot or just can't stand the fact you get beat fairly all jokes aside burning rampage in itself damage is too high for 5 pips and it should be changed to a reg dot. It's also a lil to late to change how people get the spell since those who already have it had that chance. But you try using different stats like dispels etc. which school do you pvp often that's not?

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
angellifeheart on Jan 2, 2019 wrote:
It looks like for every rant you come up with I just notice its either because your losing against these types of players a lot or just can't stand the fact you get beat fairly all jokes aside burning rampage in itself damage is too high for 5 pips and it should be changed to a reg dot. It's also a lil to late to change how people get the spell since those who already have it had that chance. But you try using different stats like dispels etc. which school do you pvp often that's not?
For one it's not a rant because I like to explain how I come up with my conclusions. I feel that if you state the full situation then people better understand why your opinion is the way it is. I have also mentioned I didn't mind getting beaten here until I noticed the level which was pretty much the whole reason I was upset. No game on earth is purposely designed to have a level 1 player be able to beat someone who is effectively 10 to 15 levels above them.

In fact most games make it impossible to do anything from level 1 at all except well level up. The fact that people essentially cheat (and yes I consider having rampage before Avalon is unlocked cheating if it was meant to be gotten earlier than that world it would be in loremaster) by porting to a higher level wizard to get this spell is ridiculous. KI has already fixed the porting once in the game's history so that free to play could not port to their friends in crowns areas I don't see it as to big of a stretch to make it so you can't port to worlds you don't have access to because of storyline as well.

As for getting beaten fairly that would be my point burning rampage on any level of pvp is not fair neither is getting matched with a wiz 28 levels higher than you. Fair is when a myth uses minotaur combo and wins or another ice out plays me being creative with their combos. Basically actual strategy and combos is fair.Beating purely by level difference or an OP spell is not fair (on any level of pvp).

I don't think you understand low level pvp either. Your deck is small and gear options are low. There is no way to compensate by changing stats or adding dispels. You don't have room for random dispel tc in low level deck and resistance doesn't go much higher than 40% or maybe 50% no matter what gear you have (not to sure here I don't set for certain schools that's not fair play either). I don't pvp balance at all btw I don't even have one thx to account limit. I pvp on a fire an ice and a myth right now.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Luvdogs99 on Jan 2, 2019 wrote:
For one it's not a rant because I like to explain how I come up with my conclusions. I feel that if you state the full situation then people better understand why your opinion is the way it is. I have also mentioned I didn't mind getting beaten here until I noticed the level which was pretty much the whole reason I was upset. No game on earth is purposely designed to have a level 1 player be able to beat someone who is effectively 10 to 15 levels above them.

In fact most games make it impossible to do anything from level 1 at all except well level up. The fact that people essentially cheat (and yes I consider having rampage before Avalon is unlocked cheating if it was meant to be gotten earlier than that world it would be in loremaster) by porting to a higher level wizard to get this spell is ridiculous. KI has already fixed the porting once in the game's history so that free to play could not port to their friends in crowns areas I don't see it as to big of a stretch to make it so you can't port to worlds you don't have access to because of storyline as well.

As for getting beaten fairly that would be my point burning rampage on any level of pvp is not fair neither is getting matched with a wiz 28 levels higher than you. Fair is when a myth uses minotaur combo and wins or another ice out plays me being creative with their combos. Basically actual strategy and combos is fair.Beating purely by level difference or an OP spell is not fair (on any level of pvp).

I don't think you understand low level pvp either. Your deck is small and gear options are low. There is no way to compensate by changing stats or adding dispels. You don't have room for random dispel tc in low level deck and resistance doesn't go much higher than 40% or maybe 50% no matter what gear you have (not to sure here I don't set for certain schools that's not fair play either). I don't pvp balance at all btw I don't even have one thx to account limit. I pvp on a fire an ice and a myth right now.
I dont agree with restricting porting to worlds you can be at based on storyline because the Tapestry items exist and some people port to higher level worlds with their fishing wizards.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
I will agree Burning rampage is an advantage to the fire wizard that goes first in a match and way to op for lower levels.
They got took insane bolt off of the pet, so it could not be used until you earned it. I know because I have a level one storm Warlord using insane bolt prior to it being taken away.
I think Burning Rampage should be on the third round or divided into three rounds.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
There will always be those people who do things that go against the intent, or "spirit" of the game. Someone who farms the spell with a level one being a classic example. Having said that though, most games take steps to insure this kind of malfeasance does not occur. Sadly that is not the case with this game. Very little is done to address game issue like this one, and countless others. So many have complained about this spell, perhaps KI will listen. Making its usage level restricted seems like a viable solution, but I have no idea what kind of coding that would require. Still, they need to address issues like this one. Simply ignoring problems is bad for the health of game.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Making it level restricted won't solve anything, I suggest turning it into a regular dot with 50 and 500 over 3 rounds.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
angellifeheart on Jan 4, 2019 wrote:
Making it level restricted won't solve anything, I suggest turning it into a regular dot with 50 and 500 over 3 rounds.
Turning it into a regular dot I agree with but level restricting it will solve some problems with pvp that isn't at max level. People already have the spell at low levels true. But it's KI's game if they want to take the time to code for it they can make it so the spell can't be added to a deck under a certain level.

Just make it so the spell can only be added to certain decks. There is a list somewhere in their databases of all the names of every deck possible in the game and I bet it goes in order by level and school if they are organized. Find the level cut off in the list and code so that every deck after that can use the spell and every deck under the cut off can't. This is not ideal to me, really anyone under the level shouldn't have it at all, I'd like porting ahead of yourself fixed too, but at least this way they won't pvp with it.

I'll admit I know nothing about coding though so something like that could probably take some time to work on, but considering how long rampage has been complained about it stands that something should be done so that lower level wizards aren't abusing it in pvp. And I don't just mean level 5-15 lower level pvp either. Rampage does way too much damage for mid level pvp as well. I don't play that level but I have friends who do and I've watched their matches. A rampager at that level is almost as bad as level 5-15 pvp.

Making it impossible to rampage at those levels would change the meta completely for 5-15. Right now rampage is guaranteed win from first and an almost guaranteed win from second (you might win here if you can kill them before they get the pips but that's still rare). Not having that spell would mean people who use it would have to come up with a real strategy to get to warlord or win tourneys.

Some of that probably applies to the mid level pvp meta as well. Restricting the spell by level somehow so it can't be used would make a huge difference in pvp under max level.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Burning Rampage can not be obtained through packs and is therefore impossible for new wizards to get, unlike the Loremaster spells. It does not have a TC version, and it requires a key, porting and significant help in the battle to survive for drops. I agree with luvdogs99 that this spell should be level locked in PvP.

PS. Luvdogs99 ~ I don't find your posts ranty or whiney. I find them well thought out and appreciate that you explain your experiences and thought process to help us follow how you formed your opinions, thoughts and ideas.