Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

1 Day - Xp Booster

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2018
Hi King Isle I want to bring this subject up because the current 1 Hour xp boosters do not last long enough to do anything with it. Reasons for this is because boss fights last anywhere between 10 to 15 minutes. This reason makes the boosters useless because you are not getting to use to your full advantage as would a 1 day xp booster would last you while your playing the game, fighting mobs and during boss fights. It wouldnt go to waste.
This is a viable option to consider or reduce the price of the 1 hours down to 100 crowns. Because anything more then that and its a waste of crowns and money. Hope this makes since as It would be nice to get a little more xp boost but it be useful.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
x Prime on Jan 1, 2019 wrote:
Hi King Isle I want to bring this subject up because the current 1 Hour xp boosters do not last long enough to do anything with it. Reasons for this is because boss fights last anywhere between 10 to 15 minutes. This reason makes the boosters useless because you are not getting to use to your full advantage as would a 1 day xp booster would last you while your playing the game, fighting mobs and during boss fights. It wouldnt go to waste.
This is a viable option to consider or reduce the price of the 1 hours down to 100 crowns. Because anything more then that and its a waste of crowns and money. Hope this makes since as It would be nice to get a little more xp boost but it be useful.
I totally see your point and agree that if there are going to be xp boosters for people who solo fight their way up the worlds of the spiral then it should last longer or have the amount of crowns spent on them reduced.

However I can't imagine KI ever making it last a full 24 hours for a couple of reasons.

1. The timers on the potions freeze when you log out. A potion meant to only last a day could potentially last someone a week or more if they only play one or 2 hours a day. This would cost KI money in the long run since the few people who buy these potions now would really buy even less of them.

2. There isn't a very big usage of the xp boost potion. I can see why you would want it if you solo play as it will allow you to level up to useful spells faster so getting through worlds would be easier but honestly most people either don't solo play anymore, use team up to get through difficult dungeons, or have a second account and thus level up using a high level wizard on it.

I honestly don't see a point in buying this potion especially if the time limit is an hour. By the time you get to the last half of the game being a few levels higher than you would have been otherwise does not make a huge difference in your gameplay. There's shadow spells yes, but you still have to do darkmoor for gear where again your level being 100 or 103 won't make a difference so why bother with a potion that costs more than it's worth?

Even at low level gameplay I can't see it helping too much as the schools that could use an xp boost to get to their AOE spells have them at almost the halfway point in leveling so again gaining a few extra levels won't make a big difference.

But if you are going to use them then maybe having them last 2 or 3 hours is more reasonable so that you can complete more than one storyline chunk before it runs out.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2013
I agree with him because of the 1 hour experience booster isn't very useful when you are fighting medulla because that battle can last you longer than an hour which would just be wasted crowns. I think that there should be a 1 day experience booster for 800 crowns.
Blaze 54