Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hard time on pets and the hatchmaking kiosk.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2017
So,I am an 87 storm wizard and I have a really bad pet for my level.I have a lil siren which i bought with crowns a long time ago.Now,I need critical so i am trying to hatch the lil siren with a storm cloud or a glamoring ghulture,though when i hatch it the pet that comes out is always a siren.That happens because lil siren is a crown pet or because the chances of getting the pet you are hatching with are low?The pet that comes out is better than the ordinary lil siren?Should i try hatching with a non-crown pet?

And one more thing,is there any place,but the crown shop,that i can find or buy (with coins) evil magma pies or couch potatoes?

Thank you so much in advance!!

Logan WaterRider
Level 87

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
For your second question: there are plenty of ways of getting Evil Magma Peas (I suppose with some effort you could turn them into Evil Magma Pies) and Couch Potatoes. Practically everyone in Avalon supposedly drops Evil Magma Peas, but the drop rate is low and I wouldn't bother.

Enemies in Grizzleheim can drop Couch Potatoes, and the Boar Camp in Savarstaad Pass is the most popular location to farm for them. The drop rate isn't too terribly high, but you should see a Couch Potato an hour or two in. If the B.O.X. event comes back, consider farming that as well for seeds. I know the Wizard City one drops Couch Potatoes, and I got my first ever Evil Magma Pea from the Avalon box.

You haven't gotten to Mirage yet, but Mirage in general is a wonderful place to farm for seeds. Once you get there, if you still haven't gotten enough Couch Potatoes and Evil Magma Peas for your liking, you should consider farming whatever you'd like from there.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
In regards to your first question since the second one was so eloquently answered.

It seems the chances tip in the favor of you once you're using a crowns only pet for hatching. The opposite is true however if you're trying to gain a crowns only pet via the same method.

So, I'd probably suggest using another pet; especially if it has talents that you're interested in. If not, then I'd suggest raising one of the offsprings to adult (as it should be much better than the original) and using that to hatch instead.

Hatching doesn't guarantee a new pet, but instead promises an offspring with a combination of both parent's talent traits.

So, remain persistent and try again.

Also, Gardening assist in replenishing the lost wealth, so put some energy here too.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2017
Thanks you both so much!

And Star Edward I am having a rough time with the timing of these posts so i am posting one questing into many posts...Sry about that xD

And something else....Because i didnt quite understund,you are suggesting me to raise on of my other lil sirens to adult and then hatch those right?Or are you suggesting me to hatch a different pet?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
kostislol on Dec 29, 2018 wrote:
Thanks you both so much!

And Star Edward I am having a rough time with the timing of these posts so i am posting one questing into many posts...Sry about that xD

And something else....Because i didnt quite understund,you are suggesting me to raise on of my other lil sirens to adult and then hatch those right?Or are you suggesting me to hatch a different pet?
Yes, raise the Lil Siren pet you got from the hatch.

It should be much better than the original one you used and may even learn talents you're looking for.

Raise it to Adult, (in fact raise at least two to adult in case one fails) and try hatching with the same pet in the Kiosk again.

Use the Siren with the most desirable talents and not just one randomly.

One of the key to hatching here is persistence. To create a perfect pet to one you're looking for, it'll require multiple hatches.

Also, keep in mind the stats of the pets you're using. The stats (Agility, Power etc.) affect the overall amount of attribute a particular talent such as Critical Ratings may provide.

Hence, hatch with pets having Max Traits (250+).

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Also, about the Message Boards, remember, it can take a while for messages to be approved and hence appear.

Once you see the dialogue box reminding you of the rules, it means it has been submitted for approval and should appear should you abide by such rules.

In that event, it will take another while for replies to be approved on said message.

So, be sure to check back consistently.

If you don't see replies after a day or two, you can probably re-introduce the topic again by posting on that same thread (possibly because many didn't see it) or create a new thread in that case.

Just some Message Boards 101.