Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Trouble defeating Kaliklak

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2017
I've just started Khrysalis, and am faced with a 3v1 boss battle.
I've tried it around 6 times now, but to no avail.
Any tips and tricks? Any help will be appreciated.

(btw I am of this moment a lvl 90 fire wizard and my gear is:
-I have the waterworks hat and boots
-Hades' inferno plate
-Posideon's backdraft stave for a wand
-tears of mother moon blade
-Shango's fireblade amulet
-Nergal's burning brand
and a pet firewalker

thanks in advance!

-Shelby Raventalon

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Kaliklak is an boss, so he shouldn't be too problematic, but his spider mobs can make this battle even more annoying.

So, here's what I recommend:

Go First - Ensure that you go first, especially since you're grossly outnumbered. Restart the battle if you don't.

Deck - It's important that your deck has just enough of the right cards so that no turn is wasted. Hence, I recommend you have spells such as Fireblades, Elemental Blades, two or so feints, Satyr, Enchants (Sharpen, Colossal, Potent Trap), Meteors, Fire Dragon(s), Sun Serpent.
In your side deck, bring TC Fire and Elemental Blades, Glacial Shield, Feint, Fortify and Wyldfire.

Strategy - Now, the whole idea is that you want to take down the spiders in one massive hit while at the same time, heavily damaging the boss. But before you do, it's important you defend against the opponents likely powerful high pip spells during the first round. So, either shield or use Fortify. Don't blade as you risk loosing them from the spider's sirens or leviathan.

After you've survived the onslaught, begin on your offense. Use your blades and try to drop a feint or two on the boss. Be wary of the storm's pips, we don't want them taking your blades away; use elemental blade so if it does happen, they hopefully only take the Ice and Stormblades by their spells.
Use Wyldfire if one of the opponent used their barrier spell.

Attack with an enchanted Fire Dragon and have a few enchanted meteors ready to go at that should the spiders survive (which they shouldn't).

Once you've attack, shield and heal again.

Use a few more blades and a feint and attack again.

This should conclude the battle.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Also,

As you've already experienced, KH will have numerous unique challenges. As such, it's important that you keep up to date with your gear.

So, I recommend:

Hat - Craft the Knightly Helm from Lewelyn . He's in Dun Dora, Avalon.

Robe - The robe you've equipped currently does little for your defenses. Enemies here in KH tend to critical slightly higher than they did in Azteca and since block is dismal, it's essential that your resistances will help you to tank the hit. So, craft the Guard of the Sun Fire Armor. It's available from Maguey Century Cat in Floating Mountains, Azteca.

Shoes - Your current shoes is fine, however, if you've a few crowns to spare, I recommend tossing a few at the Professor Hoard's Pack. Dalia's shoes in this pack is excellent!

Ring - You've a few options here. The best ring by far would be the Alpha and Omega Ring. It's available from Gladiator Dimachaerus, a secret boss in Mount Olympus.
If the boss proves to be difficult or a bit too stubborn however, you can opted for the level 56+ school only ring from Bazaar, the crafted wintertusk ring or the Toasty Band of the Fire Elves.

Athame - Get rid of the athame you currently have. Again, use the crafted one from Vestrilund, Wintertusk, the :Courtly Dirk, or the level 56 one available from the Bazaar.

Pet - Very important. Your pet will be your partner in crime that will never abandon you! As such, it's important you try to create one with essential talents that will aid you in battle. I highly recommend one providing a school blade alongside resistance and damage talents. If a healing talent works for you, I recommend Fairy Friend.

Good Luck!

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
I defeated him really quickly - heres what i used:
Hat: Unseen Cinder Lords hat
Robe: Unseen cinder Lords robe
Boots: Dalia Sweltering SHoes
Amulet: Is Amulet Of Divine Influence
Athame: Blade Of felled
Ring: Alpha and Omega.
Wand: Headmaster staff
My pet didnt do anything except give me a fireblade card
in total:
92% damage
30% universal resist
441 fire crit
9% fire accuracy(from jewels)
118 Crit block and
94% Power Pip chance.

Round 1:
Sharpened blade Fire Blade
Round 2:
40% fireblade fire blade
Round 3:
FireBlade - normal
Round 4:
Blade
Round 5:
Sun Serpent
Round 6:
Blade
Round 7:
Blade
Round 8:
Attack!
(Brimstone)
Hopefully this helps, I killed him, and I had over 2,5k health left!

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Star Edward on Dec 23, 2018 wrote:
Also,

As you've already experienced, KH will have numerous unique challenges. As such, it's important that you keep up to date with your gear.

So, I recommend:

Hat - Craft the Knightly Helm from Lewelyn . He's in Dun Dora, Avalon.

Robe - The robe you've equipped currently does little for your defenses. Enemies here in KH tend to critical slightly higher than they did in Azteca and since block is dismal, it's essential that your resistances will help you to tank the hit. So, craft the Guard of the Sun Fire Armor. It's available from Maguey Century Cat in Floating Mountains, Azteca.

Shoes - Your current shoes is fine, however, if you've a few crowns to spare, I recommend tossing a few at the Professor Hoard's Pack. Dalia's shoes in this pack is excellent!

Ring - You've a few options here. The best ring by far would be the Alpha and Omega Ring. It's available from Gladiator Dimachaerus, a secret boss in Mount Olympus.
If the boss proves to be difficult or a bit too stubborn however, you can opted for the level 56+ school only ring from Bazaar, the crafted wintertusk ring or the Toasty Band of the Fire Elves.

Athame - Get rid of the athame you currently have. Again, use the crafted one from Vestrilund, Wintertusk, the :Courtly Dirk, or the level 56 one available from the Bazaar.

Pet - Very important. Your pet will be your partner in crime that will never abandon you! As such, it's important you try to create one with essential talents that will aid you in battle. I highly recommend one providing a school blade alongside resistance and damage talents. If a healing talent works for you, I recommend Fairy Friend.

Good Luck!

Seriously?! I do need an op pet for this solo boss?! I hate pets all the do is fail, fail and fail! I am sick of raising another pet doomed to fail from the start.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
zachshock on Feb 23, 2019 wrote:
Seriously?! I do need an op pet for this solo boss?! I hate pets all the do is fail, fail and fail! I am sick of raising another pet doomed to fail from the start.
Just take a little bit of perseverance!