Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game crashing at random.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Recently, my game has been crashing seemingly at random with no explanation. The first time I was in the middle of a battle in Zafaria, once I was just sitting at the common area of Celestia, and other times the game will just freeze and crash completely. Each time, the game will freeze, and apart from music/sound effects, nothing happens. Then the game returns me straight to my desktop, and when I try to bring it back up to fullscreen by clicking the icon in my taskbar, it just deletes itself automatically.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? This has happened several times now and it's frustrating. Every time I've restarted my computer, but it happens eventually anyway. I have no idea what's causing it.

Thanks!

~Scarlet EmeraldPetal~

Administrator
natasha56 on Dec 19, 2018 wrote:
Recently, my game has been crashing seemingly at random with no explanation. The first time I was in the middle of a battle in Zafaria, once I was just sitting at the common area of Celestia, and other times the game will just freeze and crash completely. Each time, the game will freeze, and apart from music/sound effects, nothing happens. Then the game returns me straight to my desktop, and when I try to bring it back up to fullscreen by clicking the icon in my taskbar, it just deletes itself automatically.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? This has happened several times now and it's frustrating. Every time I've restarted my computer, but it happens eventually anyway. I have no idea what's causing it.

Thanks!

~Scarlet EmeraldPetal~
Hi Scarlet! We usually ask if your graphics and other computer drivers are updated. Please try that first, ensure no programs are interfering with the game as well.

If all of that doesn't help, please email support@wizard101.com and we'll be glad to investigate! It could very well be a bug we haven't seen yet.