Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

About Team up: We NEED to talk

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Hello everyone. There is something bothering me that I want to mention. Remember when Blaze told us to be nice to others we are helping during a team up? That we should let other players finish reading the dialogue before moving on without them? It seems no one wants to wait for the little guys anymore. Quite a few times, I was almost left far behind and had to start over a dungeon because experts wouldn't wait for me to even figure out what was going on. They'd finish it without me. And I've seen this happen to other players I came to help during team up, so I'd wait for them to make sure they caught up, while the others darted ahead. What do say we play a little more fair?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Mackenzie Moondrea... on Dec 6, 2018 wrote:
Hello everyone. There is something bothering me that I want to mention. Remember when Blaze told us to be nice to others we are helping during a team up? That we should let other players finish reading the dialogue before moving on without them? It seems no one wants to wait for the little guys anymore. Quite a few times, I was almost left far behind and had to start over a dungeon because experts wouldn't wait for me to even figure out what was going on. They'd finish it without me. And I've seen this happen to other players I came to help during team up, so I'd wait for them to make sure they caught up, while the others darted ahead. What do say we play a little more fair?
Sorry that's been happening to you!

It's a difficult one for KI to enforce and adding the stipulation that helpers don't get credit for helping if the requester isn't in battle has helped a lot. Unfortunately when it's people making the decision there will always be some who like to steam ahead and don't think of others. I'm not sure KI can do much more about it without a negative impact to full dungeons where everyone wants to go fast.

Maybe it would be helpful to add a few of us from here who are happy to help out with occasional dungeons and will go at your pace so you get to enjoy the dialogue, do the puzzles and have fun in the battles? If you'd like to add me I am happy to connect in game and be your helper minion when you've got a tricky dungeon If you need a lot of help or want company while questing you could post for a questing buddy...let the community know your school, level, when you usually play and what you're working on atm. There is a good chance someone will be around the same point also wanting company to quest

There are other people on here who are likely to be happy to connect with you. Just let us know your wizard name, time zone and choose a time to meet up in Dworgyn commons

Remember that moderation can take a little while so choosing a time a few days in advance makes it easier for us to see it and arrange to be there.

I hope this helps!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Similarly to the Malistare Dungeon; The Great Spyre in Dragonspyre, where players are unable to skip the cutscene and just rush into the battle; they must wait until everyone has completed viewing the scene and reading the dialogue, we need this sort of mechanism incorporated in Team Ups.

Here, those "rushers" will be forced to wait on the original player who requested to assistance in the first place so he/she may read and conceptualize the dialogue/scenes at his/her leisure!

It seems persons trying to "help" just do more harm than good when they spearhead all the battles; leaving the poor wizard who actually needed the assistance behind.

I also think that if wizards are guilty of this, it should not count towards the badge number and subsequently rewarded with an extended time penalty with a message reminding them to wait on the person seeking the help to join the battle first.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Wow, I see your problem. WHY can't these people have the patience to wait for the ones who are actually on the storyline?!? I had that problem myself, I think, so I just went into the dungeon myself first to listen to the dialogue. I like listening to the dialogue.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Sometimes its not even an issue of reading dialogue, my computer is essentially a potato with a screen so everything either takes an age to load or lags horribly and by the time I've managed to get to battle everyone is already started in the fight and I end up getting hit with a late cheat or something. (this happened a lot in the reverie dungeons where a better half of the instance is mostly talking and there's a lot of transitions from area to area before you fight anything)

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 6, 2018 wrote:
Sorry that's been happening to you!

It's a difficult one for KI to enforce and adding the stipulation that helpers don't get credit for helping if the requester isn't in battle has helped a lot. Unfortunately when it's people making the decision there will always be some who like to steam ahead and don't think of others. I'm not sure KI can do much more about it without a negative impact to full dungeons where everyone wants to go fast.

Maybe it would be helpful to add a few of us from here who are happy to help out with occasional dungeons and will go at your pace so you get to enjoy the dialogue, do the puzzles and have fun in the battles? If you'd like to add me I am happy to connect in game and be your helper minion when you've got a tricky dungeon If you need a lot of help or want company while questing you could post for a questing buddy...let the community know your school, level, when you usually play and what you're working on atm. There is a good chance someone will be around the same point also wanting company to quest

There are other people on here who are likely to be happy to connect with you. Just let us know your wizard name, time zone and choose a time to meet up in Dworgyn commons

Remember that moderation can take a little while so choosing a time a few days in advance makes it easier for us to see it and arrange to be there.

I hope this helps!
Thank you very much Victoria Fireheart! I could use a questing buddy. And how do I connect with other players in the Dworgen commons? Where do I put in my wizard name and time zone?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Some players are just grinding or farming for the prizes at the end, so they might assume everyone else is too, and has already read things 100 times.

Speak up and ask them to wait for you to read things. If they still do...not much one can really do, sad to say. Three basic choices I think:

1. Continue anyway, appreciating the help and to finally complete that boss fight

2. Flee and hope for a better team in future

3. Shake a fist at the computer screen, continue with the battle, thank them for their help. One day, do the fight again. Help someone else and stop to read the pop ups.

I wonder if any of the battle stories are on the Internet btw.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Mackenzie Moondrea... on Dec 8, 2018 wrote:
Thank you very much Victoria Fireheart! I could use a questing buddy. And how do I connect with other players in the Dworgen commons? Where do I put in my wizard name and time zone?
Just pop your wizard name and usual playing times (include time zone) in a reply on this thread, then we'll arrange a time to meet in Dworgyn realm commons to connect wizards

There are a few of us who are already connected so we can do fun dungeons together or help each other in tricky dungeons that need a team or chat about nice things while we're all doing our own things

If you're looking for a questing buddy instead of occasional help you should also include your school, level and where you're questing atm so anyone similar level also looking for a questing buddy can also meet up.

If we arrange an ingame meet up anyone seeing this (even those who can't comment eg crown players etc) can also turn up and connect as well...it's an open arrangement and open invitation to connect and a nice way to meet lovely wizards

PS. I over-use smilies ingame too....hahahahaha

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
McKenzie,
I know what you mean!!!....The kiosh team-up is a great feature when you want to fight in "grumpy cave" and no one around to do it with...at least in YOUR realm....and usually you will get a max-wizard that can Really help...thats a good thing...but...here is a downside. If you are on the "grumpy cave' QUEST it might be a "fingers- crossed" experience....yes, on a quest you might have to talk to someone before going into the next part of the cave...If you have wizards with you they (1) might be farming and leave you half-way, or (2) they run to the second part of cave and immediately jump onto the platform...you are still talking to someone back in the first part because that is what the quest requires......you will be showing up late in the next battle...I wish there was a way that a wizard, who initially posted "grumpy cave" on the kiosh, had some way to indicate that he was on a Quest...perhaps put a "Q" beside his school....but for now it is what it is and is still better than jumping from realm to realm searching for a team.

Defender
Aug 16, 2014
I cannot count how many times this has happened to me! (Althought most time were my family) Do to this I completely missed the main story and purpose of Celestia-Azteca! That's why I am playing as Lauren MythMask, and because Balance is relatively easy and fun.

-Zachary SpirtLeaf
-Lauren MythMask

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
SparkleTude on Dec 8, 2018 wrote:
Some players are just grinding or farming for the prizes at the end, so they might assume everyone else is too, and has already read things 100 times.

Speak up and ask them to wait for you to read things. If they still do...not much one can really do, sad to say. Three basic choices I think:

1. Continue anyway, appreciating the help and to finally complete that boss fight

2. Flee and hope for a better team in future

3. Shake a fist at the computer screen, continue with the battle, thank them for their help. One day, do the fight again. Help someone else and stop to read the pop ups.

I wonder if any of the battle stories are on the Internet btw.
I have tried speaking up and asking for help Most of them just ignored me. There was like one guy who waited for me lol. I figured they were farming, and so they just assumed and sped through. I did decide to start going back to dungeons to play them on my own so I could enjoy them. And it was like, I would thank them for their help but they were too busy ignoring me unless I said something directly battle related during battle, so they wouldn't even respond to a thx lol.

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 8, 2018 wrote:
Just pop your wizard name and usual playing times (include time zone) in a reply on this thread, then we'll arrange a time to meet in Dworgyn realm commons to connect wizards

There are a few of us who are already connected so we can do fun dungeons together or help each other in tricky dungeons that need a team or chat about nice things while we're all doing our own things

If you're looking for a questing buddy instead of occasional help you should also include your school, level and where you're questing atm so anyone similar level also looking for a questing buddy can also meet up.

If we arrange an ingame meet up anyone seeing this (even those who can't comment eg crown players etc) can also turn up and connect as well...it's an open arrangement and open invitation to connect and a nice way to meet lovely wizards

PS. I over-use smilies ingame too....hahahahaha
For the event of a possible meet up, my wizard's name is Mackenzie Moondreamer, Balance lvl 39, time zone: Eastern Standard time. Either a questing buddy or occasional help would be cool smilies are fine lol.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Mackenzie Moondrea... on Dec 9, 2018 wrote:
For the event of a possible meet up, my wizard's name is Mackenzie Moondreamer, Balance lvl 39, time zone: Eastern Standard time. Either a questing buddy or occasional help would be cool smilies are fine lol.
Awesome! What times do you usually play? I'm UK time (5 hours ahead of Eastern time) but often a bit of a night owl

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 11, 2018 wrote:
Awesome! What times do you usually play? I'm UK time (5 hours ahead of Eastern time) but often a bit of a night owl
I'm more of a night owl too, but I don't want to make it too late since you're 5 hours ahead. so if it was 6pm for me, that might make it 11pm for you...I don't usually play much earlier than that...what times are you comfortable with?

Survivor
May 30, 2016
Mackenzie Moondrea... on Dec 9, 2018 wrote:
Hi Mackenzie,

I've noticed the same thing with the kiosk. Sadly, I don't really know of a solution. It's definitely not ideal, but I cannot imagine this to be quite what KI intended when they introduced it.

But! I've got a level 55-ish balance wizard and I'd be happy to meet you in-game so we can quest / do dungeons together.

I'm hopefully going to be enjoying a lazy day playing on 15 December, so if you see this message and respond perhaps we can meet up somewhere to connect. If not, and you're interested, let me know when you'll be online the next week (and where) and I'll look you up

It will be fun to quest around with another balance wizard!

Moira

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
moira balances on Dec 13, 2018 wrote:
Hi Mackenzie,

I've noticed the same thing with the kiosk. Sadly, I don't really know of a solution. It's definitely not ideal, but I cannot imagine this to be quite what KI intended when they introduced it.

But! I've got a level 55-ish balance wizard and I'd be happy to meet you in-game so we can quest / do dungeons together.

I'm hopefully going to be enjoying a lazy day playing on 15 December, so if you see this message and respond perhaps we can meet up somewhere to connect. If not, and you're interested, let me know when you'll be online the next week (and where) and I'll look you up

It will be fun to quest around with another balance wizard!

Moira
Hi Moira! I don't know of I'll be on December 15th, but I usually play around nighttime around 7pm eastern standard time, and I usually play in the Vampire Realm, with Mackenzie Moondreamer lvl 39 Balance. Maybe we can set up a time next week.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Maybe we should look at 7pm Eastern time since it's easiest for you guys (and I'm often still on at midnight anyway)?

You've said Mackenzie Moondreamer (39 balance) and Vampire realm...so how about

Vampire realm commons, by the pier at 7pm Eastern time starting Monday?

If we are on we pop down there and see if you're there to connect with, if we fail to connect just try again the next night. No long waits or having to rearrange if anyone can't make it, just default to the next day.

I'll be on Melissa Stormheart so you have a higher level to assist you (I'm also on her most) and add you to my balance/death who are both about level 50 so might be helpful to you but not too far ahead

I'll go there starting Monday, lmk if this works for you and Moira

Survivor
May 30, 2016
Hi Victoria and Mackenzie,

I don't know if this will post before Monday night but I'll try to log on 7 pm EST, Monday, 17 December and meet you by the pier in the Commons - Vampire Realm.

Meet you both soon!

Moira

PS I have text chat (but not open, never saw the need) and am somewhat slow but willing to use menu chat.

PPS - Victoria, I said hi and gave you a friend invite. I'll try again another night. :)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Awesomest awesome....looking forward to hopefully meeting up at midnight (my time) hehehe...witching hour...ok I'm getting silly now lol

Cya soon guys

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Moira I am so sorry, I closed my eyes at 11:59 and opened them and it was 5am...I'm an idiot!! That was me there and I saw you'd spoken to me but couldn't add you because (no surprise) you'd logged out by then. I totally underestimated how tired I was!

I had my last stressful meeting today though so I'm freeeeeee for Christmas and will try again tonight...again, sorry for falling asleep!

Cya soon

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 18, 2018 wrote:
Moira I am so sorry, I closed my eyes at 11:59 and opened them and it was 5am...I'm an idiot!! That was me there and I saw you'd spoken to me but couldn't add you because (no surprise) you'd logged out by then. I totally underestimated how tired I was!

I had my last stressful meeting today though so I'm freeeeeee for Christmas and will try again tonight...again, sorry for falling asleep!

Cya soon
I'm coming tonight, I'm probably too late, I had a stressful week as well. I'll still look for you guys and if I don't catch you some other time hopefully

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Mackenzie Moondrea... on Dec 19, 2018 wrote:
I'm coming tonight, I'm probably too late, I had a stressful week as well. I'll still look for you guys and if I don't catch you some other time hopefully
I was there last night and I was here again tonight...both times awake haha...but sadly I haven't seen either of you. I've been on the pier over half an hour and will come back again tomorrow. Hopefully that will work out and we'll get connected

Survivor
May 30, 2016
Sounds like we have all been very, very busy and tired!

I’ll try again the next couple of days, because like Victoria, I’m now freeeeee for the holidays

Don’t worry about falling asleep. Been there, done that

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 15, 2018 wrote:
Maybe we should look at 7pm Eastern time since it's easiest for you guys (and I'm often still on at midnight anyway)?

You've said Mackenzie Moondreamer (39 balance) and Vampire realm...so how about

Vampire realm commons, by the pier at 7pm Eastern time starting Monday?

If we are on we pop down there and see if you're there to connect with, if we fail to connect just try again the next night. No long waits or having to rearrange if anyone can't make it, just default to the next day.

I'll be on Melissa Stormheart so you have a higher level to assist you (I'm also on her most) and add you to my balance/death who are both about level 50 so might be helpful to you but not too far ahead

I'll go there starting Monday, lmk if this works for you and Moira
OKAY, I am trying to get this stuff together! I'm a little confused. I realize that we may not be getting each other's posts until 24-48 hours after because each post might needs being moderated. I seem to be getting notifications for everyone's posts super late. If you gals haven't given up on me yet, can we try Sunday, 7pm EST vampire realm one last time. I don't want to keep wasting everyone's time.

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Missed you guys again. I was an hour late because my computer was having issues. I won't be on tommorrow, which is Saturday because I l'll be busy. But I should be there o n Sunday at 7pm. Fingers crossed!