Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Preserve Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Though I am not worried about wizard101 going down anytime soon, it's hard not to think about it when all these games are shutting down. I've had this idea since I was young, but it would be really cool if they released for pay a full download lan version of the game after the shutdown for you to use on your own. Offline and youd just host it on your computer if you want a friend(s) to join you. I'd even take a old version were 50 was the cap and dragonspyre was it, but itd be cool to have an editor version where you could spawn all the armor and pets at your will. All and all just a copy of the game for you to go through and play for nostalgia.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
That’s a good idea, but it would take too long to make.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Not to sound rude but I dont think it would. As a company of that size with as many server updates they do, even then. There is no way they don't have copies or backups of the game to revert to incase of a failure or script screw up. Hypothetically take a copy of wizard101 without the crowns shop or limits on text chat right after Dragonspyre was made (if they wanted to be small with it) and most to all the bugs were fixed and script it to be able to be played alone. Heck, if they uploaded a full solo lan based copy of the game for download with all items in everything, id pay 60 to 80 dollars for that no questions asked.