Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Coldfire Dragon Pet still Obtainable?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I'm coming back from an 8 year absence so please excuse me if this seems dumb.

through the wiki it said that this came from an housing item that came from an giftcard that is no longer obtainable, my question is that is there another way to obtain it? or am i just out of luck?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome Back!

You can get the pet through hatching with it on the newly implemented Hatchmaking Koisk System found in Pet Pavilion.

Eirikur Axebreaker in the Winterbane Hall also drops it.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
KudanLord on Nov 30, 2018 wrote:
I'm coming back from an 8 year absence so please excuse me if this seems dumb.

through the wiki it said that this came from an housing item that came from an giftcard that is no longer obtainable, my question is that is there another way to obtain it? or am i just out of luck?
Welcome back!

You can win him as a drop from the final boss of Winterbane Hall (housing gauntlet). I think it has to be run at tier 3 or above for it to be an eligible drop. The boss is Eirikur Axebreaker, a stunning blue dragon with fire as his main school and ice mastery. If you decide to farm him for it but haven't checked out monstrology yet you might like to so you can also collect his animus via the Extract Wyrm spell!

Keep in mind that dropped pets are first generation so although it's ALWAYS cool to win them they're going to need a lot of hatching to make them awesome companions for your questing journey.

You can also get him through hatching. The awesome news is that while you've been away from the game KI has introduced an amazing feature - the Hatch Kiosk! You can find the Hatch Kiosk in Pet Pavilion, just to the right of the hatchery entrance (not inside the hatchery, just outside to the right as you face the doors).

Anyone can use the Hatch Kiosk and there are hundreds and hundreds of pets to choose from! Not all pets can be put into it, but many (including the coldfire dragon) can! Pets are offered and when someone hatches them they vanish for one hour before becoming available to hatch again. They stay in for 10 hatches or one week, whichever comes first, then the owner must put them back into the kiosk for them to continue to be available.

To find the Coldfire Dragon - click on the kiosk and select 'browse pets', select the fire symbol at the top, click on coldfire dragon in the list. Then you will have to click through them until you find one you like...remember it's name if you're going to hatch with it again later. This will help you find it more easily than trying to work it out

I've just put in Mister Bear - he has max stats and his talents are quad critical, proof. If you want him kept in for you just let me know and I'll make sure he remains available

I hope this helps! Happy farming and/or hatching!

Explorer
Jul 20, 2018
As far as I can tell, as long as you can find someone who owns a Winterbane Gauntlet, or if you own one yourself, you can just keep farming it as much as you need. It also seems to be occasionally available in the Crown Shop, so keep your eyes open.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
They're available in the Hatching Kiosk. Just find one with stats you like and go from there.