Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Let's have Ice skating and snow in Wizard City

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 08, 2009
Would it be great to have the Wizard City pond freeze over so we can have ice skating. Zeke can rent ice skates (For gold would be nice) and Eloise can sell ear muffs. A little snow flurry maybe also. Really get in the mood for the holidays and bring us together. What do you think?
What do you think about this idea KI, is it possible?

Administrator
Cat Wildbreeze on Nov 30, 2018 wrote:
Would it be great to have the Wizard City pond freeze over so we can have ice skating. Zeke can rent ice skates (For gold would be nice) and Eloise can sell ear muffs. A little snow flurry maybe also. Really get in the mood for the holidays and bring us together. What do you think?
That's a wonderful idea!

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
I love this idea! If the pond froze over, how would wizards ice fish?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
This could also allow for ice fishing too

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Cat Wildbreeze on Nov 30, 2018 wrote:
I imagine it would be like a mini game or simply moving your character around with special animations.
Either way this is a great idea!

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
and for ice skating, how about a double mount. two pairs of ice skates, the skaters hold hands side by side and when the owner of the mount hits the space bar. they can either skate one backward and one forward. or both spin.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I concur with the snow idea especially!

You can use the effects of Colossus Boulevard for a little inspiration, but I'd like to see more graphics placed in this implementation.

Make it happen Sparck; we all love the snow!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
StrongEverhart on Nov 30, 2018 wrote:
Magically of course.

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
And also, while we're at it, please upgrade the décor to match the updated graphics in and around Wizard City.

A good place to start would be the Christmas Tree; it currently looks tainted and pale compared to the bright colours of the environment around it.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
StrongEverhart on Nov 30, 2018 wrote:
Have hole in the ice, just as they do in places cold enough for frozen lakes.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
rusher2828 on Nov 30, 2018 wrote:
I imagine it would be like a mini game or simply moving your character around with special animations.
Either way this is a great idea!
I like your idea of an animation like the Carousel. that would be fun, and KI can make each wizard do different things