Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why Isn't There 7 Seats?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
Hello everyone!

Today, I would like to be asking about why there are only 6 desks in the Login menu instead of 7, one of each school. Is this because Balance was an afterthought of schools after the models were already made, or is It because balance is technically every school all in one?
This really bothers me because I have every school except for Myth, and I don't want to delete my life because I've never really had a life, Balance because I've had her for years and she's my max with fantastic gear and a great pet, and I don't want to delete my ice because she has a pvp rank, and my death is like my prized possession because she has a lot of Crown Shop items on there. So which would I even delete if I wanted to make a Myth?
This is a big problem that I along with many other people would absolutely adore if it was added.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
TiffanyHex123 on Nov 28, 2018 wrote:
Hello everyone!

Today, I would like to be asking about why there are only 6 desks in the Login menu instead of 7, one of each school. Is this because Balance was an afterthought of schools after the models were already made, or is It because balance is technically every school all in one?
This really bothers me because I have every school except for Myth, and I don't want to delete my life because I've never really had a life, Balance because I've had her for years and she's my max with fantastic gear and a great pet, and I don't want to delete my ice because she has a pvp rank, and my death is like my prized possession because she has a lot of Crown Shop items on there. So which would I even delete if I wanted to make a Myth?
This is a big problem that I along with many other people would absolutely adore if it was added.
You didn't say you have a Storm or Fire. You could delete either one and create your Myth!

Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
i agree, but I think they could make six seats work as is. I mean, there is always the selected wizard standing up anyway, why cant they just replace their seats? Also You only named four wizards, I suggest focusing on maxing the next two before you worry about your seventh

Survivor
Jan 26, 2018
TiffanyHex123 on Nov 28, 2018 wrote:
Hello everyone!

Ever thought that maybe balance isn't the outlier? Like, what if it was another type of school (ie myth) after they created 6 seats. Not sure what's toward all the sterotypes towards the balance school.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I think I brought this up before. Not sure what the response was. If you think about it, no matter how many wizards you have there's always one standing when you open. So six seated and one standing. Go ahead and try to make a Myth and see what happens.

Christina Soulshard lvl 67 Death

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
Yes, I forgot to mention my fire and storm haha!
My storm already has 110+ damage at level 73, and my fire is super strong aswell and I LOVE fire.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
TiffanyHex123 on Nov 29, 2018 wrote:
Yes, I forgot to mention my fire and storm haha!
My storm already has 110+ damage at level 73, and my fire is super strong aswell and I LOVE fire.
Oh, sorry I couldn't help...

DreamSong

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
The usual answer on why theres no 7 seats/wizard slot is "it wouldnt help kingsisle financially" which in fact is the opposite, im pretty sure people would buy large amounts of crowns if it was possible, i pretty sure there would be people buying those lvl 50 potions or others things to work up another wizard making them a good bit of money for example. That and the coding is more than likely to complicated to do it, im pretty sure if they work around it vs reworking an old code itd be worth a shot to at least try.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Balance was added as a school after the opening classroom had been coded. So it was not an intentional slight on KI's part.

Now why there has been nothing done in the years since, that's anybody's guess. This topic pops up about once every time it falls off the first page of either the dorms board or here at the commons.

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
the answer to your problem is not what you want to hear.
Make another account. It is great having another account. You can play two wizards at the same time, this eliminates the henchmen. You can double quest, makes it a lot faster.
Instead of getting membership for your account, get a new account with membership or buy the worlds with crowns.
if you have membership on two accounts KI will remove some of your wizards from one account and put them on the other, so you can have 3 wizards on one account and 4 on the other, and them still have room to make more wizards
I personally have 3 accounts. I started my first account with membership, within 6 months realized that i wanted another account, i got my second account on crowns. I then had 3 wizards on one account and 3 on the other. Being that buying the worlds on crowns was less expensive, than getting membership and I did not care if I had the membership benefits, I got the third account to make a Balance wizard, now she can support any of my other wizards. Today I have three accounts all on crowns, it cost me around $12.00 a year to buy the new worlds on each account. If i want to pvp I do it on crowns, only thing that is more expensive on crowns is tournaments. The times that I wanted member benefits, I got a monthly membership ( like during the birthday celebration). If you want to pvp get a monthly membership, but in reality even at $9.95 a month, you can do 124 matches at 80 crowns for that amount. That is way more than you need to get to warlord. It is better to OWN the worlds than to RENT them.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
From my experience, I find that KI MMOs are unusual in that you get more than 3 characters and the amount of characters you get isn't geared to membership. I don't know what the reason was behind having only 6 seats and 7 schools, perhaps that was all a single account could handle?
It sounds as if you really like all your wizards, so don't delete one. You could make a new account and just play in the Free to Play zones on the Myth ( just to see if you like that class. ) No need to spend anything, unless you find you want to.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
iouman2013 on Nov 30, 2018 wrote:
The usual answer on why theres no 7 seats/wizard slot is "it wouldnt help kingsisle financially" which in fact is the opposite, im pretty sure people would buy large amounts of crowns if it was possible, i pretty sure there would be people buying those lvl 50 potions or others things to work up another wizard making them a good bit of money for example. That and the coding is more than likely to complicated to do it, im pretty sure if they work around it vs reworking an old code itd be worth a shot to at least try.

It’s not “hard” to do, it would just take too long

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Alpaca127 on Dec 2, 2018 wrote:
It’s not “hard” to do, it would just take too long
well with how the 3rd arc just ended they have time right now to get to it reguardless of it taking to long like with how they already have a new dungeon and shop for changing genders and names in the works it should be next since they are listening to the players, selectively that is.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
in reality, there are 10 seats on the opening page, and the one wizard standing.